Possible change for Death Blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Konvoy.6245

Konvoy.6245

Change the initiative cost to 3 from 5 but take the bleeding it stacks down to 2 from 3. Another possibility is to take the damage away from it aside from the bleeds.

I feel this would make it viable for backstabbers to still use once in a while to help evade, as well as slightly tone down the ridiculousness of condition build death blossom spammers. In all honesty you come across plenty of condition removal builds in higher tier play so death blossom isn’t as viable.

Leave your thoughts and feedback on this!

in Thief

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

No.

in Thief

Posted by: Sleestak.2604

Sleestak.2604

what good would I be to a group without the comic amusement of watching me fly off a cliff?

-Slee

in Thief

Konvoy.6245

@Vexus Great input bro. Why no?

in Thief

Posted by: Rabbitstew.2756

Rabbitstew.2756

Maybe from 5 initiative cost to 4, but that’s a no-go for 3. I play a death blossom spec and making the cost 3 would allow me to spam it way too often, making reapplying bleed stacks waaaaay too easy.

in Thief

Posted by: Nande.6810

Nande.6810

No.

I agree, it’s a no.

There’s no need at all to change DB. If you feel like you need more survivability as a backstaber maybe you should consider another build mr glass canon.

The Bleed thief (d/d & p/p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKHdpbyNpVU
oGt

in Thief

Konvoy.6245

Hmm fair enough. Out of curiosity don’t you find death blossom spam boring? I mean for me it was fun at first, but after a while i just couldn’t stand being able to spam one button and be that effective. It’s a joke. Unless you’re fighting condition removal build then it’s just frustrating.

in Thief

Nande.6810

Hmm fair enough. Out of curiosity don’t you find death blossom spam boring? I mean for me it was fun at first, but after a while i just couldn’t stand being able to spam one button and be that effective. It’s a joke. Unless you’re fighting condition removal build then it’s just frustrating.

It all depends on the player you’re up against, if he’s good he’ll put up with more of a fight and you have to play smart. Cant just really spam all DB on a target and hope he dies cuz he wont, if he’s good. Al tho some class canon builds doesn’t have much to say really.

I can only talk for myself here really but I use P/P when i’m low on ini and it brings a lot of utility and great bleeds with stealth. Headshot being one of my favourite ability out there.
So I hardly just “spam one button” at all. Just look at my pvp vid down below :P.

oGt

in Thief

Konvoy.6245

I’ll check out your vid.. i also might make a death blossom build video to show how i build it, which i think is pretty kitten. It’s just the general playstyle of building around death blossom is boring for me ><

in Thief

Nande.6810

I’ll check out your vid.. i also might make a death blossom build video to show how i build it, which i think is pretty kitten. It’s just the general playstyle of building around death blossom is boring for me ><

You should make one, because why not really. I’ve done some changes here and there to the build from when I recorded that but will probably make another one soon.

That might be because you’re snowed in on DB being your only damage dealer and not playing with your other weapons set and the utility that brings to the table. IMO!

oGt

in Thief

Posted by: Blazer Hellsing.9184

Blazer Hellsing.9184

No, ability is fine.

Main: Thief
Alts: Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer, Elementalist (bunker)

in Thief

Posted by: Ravnodaus.5130

Ravnodaus.5130

Konvoy. If you don’t like spamming one button, play a different proffesion. Thief is very spammy. Although, good play is about timing the keypress and positioning. Spamming it is kinda lame and less effective.

But none of the skills have a CD, and all use the same resource… so whichever one happens to work best for your build wil get hit repeatedly… that’s the proffesion.

Oh, and No. Your change proposal isn’t needed. Deathblossom is fine as is. Good in some build, great in others. Why screw with it? O_o

Why grind dungeons? Only relevant content…
Why? Gives needed gear…
Why do you need this gear? To do dungeons… duh.