Possible or Hack?

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: EATtheDEAD.4768

EATtheDEAD.4768

Was in Spvp just now and I ran into a thief who literally stealthed after every single hit he made.

No joke, he would hit and instantly stealth, then hit then stealth, hit stealth, etc etc…

I couldn’t even hit him once or even target him it was so fast and the stealth didn’t seem to end until he decided to attack.

How the hell is this possible? and if it is why am I not able to find this amazing never ending stealth spec on my thief?

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

how long was he stealthing for?
what weapon set?
did he use the same attack everytime or was it different kinds?
if you Cloack and dagger at the very moment stealth ends you go back in stealth.

need more info to help

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: Winterfell.8915

Winterfell.8915

Prob d/p it is possible but not right after attack.. you got reveal for 4 secs..http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

EATtheDEAD.4768

i honestly don’t know. it was so fast. he would appear in a flash then be gone again. he was stealthed for about 10-12 seconds sometimes before he would strike then be gone instantly

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

EATtheDEAD.4768

he was definitely immune to the reveal mechanic.

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

He could have just been running an initiative regen build with dagger offhand and spamming CnD. My best guess.

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

EATtheDEAD.4768

CnD doesn’t even work properly for me lol. It never grants stealth.

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Probably a D/P + X/D. D/P to stay in stealth when need be, and timing CnD to hit just as stealth wears off with the X/D set.

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

He could have just been running an initiative regen build with dagger offhand and spamming CnD. My best guess.

This.

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Or he could have been using sword and teleporting all over god’s green earth

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Or he could have been using sword and teleporting all over god’s green earth

There’s an AoE at the point of IS, and Shadow Return now has a range limit. I highly doubt that he was using sword teleport.

There also has to be LoS in order to teleport.

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

You can’t just spam it. You have to wait for the stealth to wear off, typically after 3s, then use it again. Never use it while in stealth, else you’ll get revealed.

A simple combination of traits like “Infusion of Shadow” and “Hastened Replenishment” will allow you to troll with CnD.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: bobross.5034

bobross.5034

You can’t just spam it. You have to wait for the stealth to wear off, typically after 3s, then use it again. Never use it while in stealth, else you’ll get revealed.

A simple combination of traits like “Infusion of Shadow” and “Hastened Replenishment” will allow you to troll with CnD.

The key word is troll, you can only do mediocre dps like that, but you make yourself more survivable…people like to do this in zergs in wvw too. In a small scale battle, you become very predictable…where’s the thief? Well probably right behind you. You can guess where that thief is, and probably outdps him with your autoattack.

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

There is no revealed debuff if you don’t come out of stealth with an attack. So you can permanently C&D with a single trait to reduce costs of that skill. That means one attack every 3s (or 4s when traited with +1s stealth time). Doesn’t need a specific build at all.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

He was constantly using Cloak and Dagger, only being visible for a brief moment (read: not coming out of Stealth with an attack and thus being Revealed).

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

ok did he become visbile THEN attack or attack while he was invis? we cant answer unless we know that

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

EATtheDEAD.4768

From what I’ve read it seems he was probably doing the CnD troll build. He would disappear immediately after striking so it must be CnD then he would be gone for 3 seconds plus then appear again to just stealth instantly.

So I understand now, thanks everyone for the breakdown.

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

The CnD troll setup is useful for taking siege out if you’re in an enemy fortification alone. I had a thief destroy the AC I was using. I wasn’t sure what was happening at first.

Possible or Hack?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

doing CND spaming everytime you exit stealth SHOULDNT be enough to kill anyone….just annoy the crap out of bad players.

the only reaosn i say bad players is bc all u have to do is dodge every 5 secs