Post patch New meta

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Alright after reading the leak post of what changes could be happening to thief. what style of builds do you think will start poping up again.

i personally think D/D mass dodge death blossom build going to repop back up with change death blossom cost. only reason that build really got faded out was because P/D could just use the initiative much more costly then Death blossom.

i could also start seeing S/P being more played now that stun to dmg is being lower probably get combo with steal daze i could see. S/P got fated out from the DPS nerf but with the faster stun change you should be able to get more free hit in.

i would not mind seeing some P/P builds i do not expect it to happen. but with bounce being raised to 50% you mite be able to get some cool unload style build going.

anyways leave your thoughts on what style of play you think will start popping up after balance change.

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: SharadSun.3089

SharadSun.3089

“Oh No You Don’t” Sword/Pistol Hypersteal build.

Interrupts EVERYWHERE.

Faolain Mag Aoidh / Diarmuidh
Leader of Thunderguard
Tarnished Coast Representative, Mist League

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

no point since it’s fake

All is vain.

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

10/30/0/0/30

Steal every 18 seconds for 10s F/M/S, 15s Vigor, steal 2 boons for the team, gain 3 ini to supplement LS AND daze. Furious Retaliation for extreme Fury uptime on top. Mug just for some more damage or Sundering Strikes for some longer condition cover time.

IMMENSE potential.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

sundering stikes ? big deal thats an extra 20 dmg for 2 stacks of vulnerability lol. wooooooooooooo!

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Auesis.7301

sundering stikes ? big deal thats an extra 20 dmg for 2 stacks of vulnerability lol. wooooooooooooo!

That’s not what I meant. Vulnerability is a nice condition cover. You can prevent bleeding/burning from others from being cleansed as quickly if you keep up applications.

Did you never play GW1?

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

So, steal will be overpowered when traited and so-so when not… Yep, nice functionality balance.

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

So, steal will be overpowered when traited and so-so when not… Yep, nice functionality balance.

Nah – Steal can be the centerpiece of your spec, but every one of those added effects comes at an opportunity cost somewhere else.

Trade-offs.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

If notes are real new meta = necros.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

If notes are real new meta = necros.

If Necro gain LF from spectral skills while in DS, that may be true. But a GC thief will destroy this easily. There is nothing else in theses note that could answers necro’s issue in the actual meta.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Interrupts EVERYWHERE.

Headshot OP, needs nerf!

10/30/0/0/30

Steal every 18 seconds for 10s F/M/S, 15s Vigor, steal 2 boons for the team, gain 3 ini to supplement LS AND daze. Furious Retaliation for extreme Fury uptime on top. Mug just for some more damage or Sundering Strikes for some longer condition cover time.

IMMENSE potential.

But you are lacking durability … they should put something more universal like thoughness or vitality to the trickery trait line =/

(edited by Cyhann.2609)

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Auesis.7301

10/30/0/0/30

IMMENSE potential.

But you are lacking durability … they should put something more universal like thoughness or vitality to the trickery trait line =/

You don’t need durability – high Vigor uptime and plethora of evasive abilities on weapons/blinds etc. It’s more active than playing a Guardian who can tank everything, sure, but it’s no less effective when played right.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

10/30/0/0/30

IMMENSE potential.

You don’t need durability – high Vigor uptime and plethora of evasive abilities on weapons/blinds etc. It’s more active than playing a Guardian who can tank everything, sure, but it’s no less effective when played right.

Maybe but against a AoE field/ condition enemies, i don’t see too many options atm

(edited by Cyhann.2609)

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

“10/30/0/0/30
IMMENSE potential.”

Is this S/D. S/D for SPVP?

What traits? I’m guessing:

10 Mug
30 Furious Retaliation, Side Strike, Executioner
30 TOtC, Bountiful Theft, Sleight of hand?

Also – weapon runes – accuracy and Something on swap like Hydromancy?

Is this full zerker or Valk Armor, Zerk accessories?

/seriously asking – very interested

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Auesis.7301

Pretty much – but also depends on how S/P has been updated (Pistol Whip in the “leaked” patch notes has been sped up between the stun and the flurry? Depends how much faster that is). S/P might well work too if the change is any good.

I would assume lots of zerk, if not all.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

new meta = Nothing has changed

Patrician D/D 25-30-0-x-x will go on about exactly as they have before patch knowing thier at the top of the thief tiers.

Venomturds, bunbkerbutts, conditioncraps, and swordfreinds will keep on wallowing in their own filth as they change thier pathetic specs around to play with the new worthless abilities.

You know I’m right.

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Is this S/D. S/D for SPVP?

What traits? I’m guessing:

10 Mug
30 Furious Retaliation, Side Strike, Executioner
30 TOtC, Bountiful Theft, Sleight of hand?

Also – weapon runes – accuracy and Something on swap like Hydromancy?

Is this full zerker or Valk Armor, Zerk accessories?
/seriously asking – very interested

Something like:
10- III
30- III or VI, X, XI
30- V, VII, XII

Steal then does damage/heals with mug, gives fury/might/swiftness through TotC, steals boons and gives vigor with bountiful and dazes with sleight of hand. Then the auto traits give 3 initiative and poison when stealing. Full zerk gear to retain the massive spike damage of backstab/steal on D/P.

new meta = Nothing has changed

Patrician D/D 25-30-0-x-x will go on about exactly as they have before patch knowing thier at the top of the thief tiers.

I didn’t know D/D was used regularly anymore. D/P and S/D are both more prevalent in PvP and are much harder to kill. But you’re right, that 25/30/XXX build is essentially untouched so who knows?

(edited by data.4093)

Post patch New meta

in Thief

Posted by: SharadSun.3089

SharadSun.3089

Interrupts EVERYWHERE.

Headshot OP, needs nerf!

srsly doe

Everyone’s so used to spamming 3 for damage. It’s silly. Autoattack for damage, Headshot for interrupt, Pistol Whip for killsetups and cleave survival.

Faolain Mag Aoidh / Diarmuidh
Leader of Thunderguard
Tarnished Coast Representative, Mist League