Post patch S/D roaming vid

in Thief

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

Took my thief out to roam for the first time since the nerf to S/D , i mostly fought bads ( cept for the warrior ) in this video so the fact that S/D now stinks doesn’t really show here.
Anyways leave some feedback if you like if not ………

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

in Thief

Posted by: Prince.7198

Prince.7198

Dude, who cares about WVW, half the players there are terrible and can’t dodge kitten. S/D is broken for Spvp/Tpvp because LS is easily dodged by a somewhat skilled pvper’ leaving you to just spend ini on dancing in stead of on damaging.

in Thief

TheThiefMaster.3812

I know, i agree with what you said however not entirely, there are only a few classes that make you feel the nerf even in spvp , namely engi and guardian because of the amount of block at their disposal.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP

in Thief

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Took my thief out to roam for the first time since the nerf to S/D , i mostly fought bads ( cept for the warrior ) in this video so the fact that S/D now stinks doesn’t really show here.

How does that white circle appear on your screen? I’ve been looking for something that can prevent my mouse cursor to disappear when I right-click steer for ages… You could be my hero!

Nice vid btw, and nice determination sticking with S/D.

enthusiastic noob

in Thief

TheThiefMaster.3812

How does that white circle appear on your screen? I’ve been looking for something that can prevent my mouse cursor to disappear when I right-click steer for ages… You could be my hero!

Nice vid btw, and nice determination sticking with S/D.

Haha unfortunately that i don’t see that white circle when I’m in game , only shows on the videos because i guess the software i use to record tracks my mouse.

Also yea if I’m going to play thief its going to be with S/D despite how bad it is atm.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

I think the s/d nerf is idiotic, yet id rather play it than d/p so…. yolo?

in Thief

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Seems like its only NA’s whining about S/D being nerfed. How surprising.

Retired GW2 Player

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Hi, EU here. S/D nerf is just plain idiotic, with no logic at all and made PvP matches a nightmare to play with S/D.

At least in WvW we can still rely on the dmg of CnD.

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

Not whining, I have no reason to whine since I still win just about every fight with s/d. I’m saying it was idiotic and pointless and no can really disagree, they completely adressed the entire situation in the wrong way. S/D was never the problem it’s how many evades with acro, but ya know its anet

in Thief

Posted by: Ianne.7496

Ianne.7496

I tried D/D builds,tried P/D builds (both condi and power)
skipped P/P,never liked Max Payne style

but I keep ending up playing S/D.. I know it’s not good as it was,I die more often but I dont care..I find S/D to be the funnies set to play (personal taste, dont want to start another arguement about which set is better or harder/brainless to play,we still press about 15 buttons,regardless the builds)

the build Im using is the classical 20066,the stats or the set types I mixed arent even close to be as good as urs,but I like it and I have fun with it :P

f### the nerf,keep up the fun

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAsYVl0Mp0pFOx7J8PNBNB5dY+SZ0KAdfko0XA-TlCFABVfEAOU9HAeAAXpEEJlBOp0rm9HSTfQEnAgFOEAkC4plRA-w

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

S/D doesn’t suck at all. If you’re having bad results on it with gear like that it’s because you’re a terrible player.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: Ianne.7496

Ianne.7496

S/D doesn’t suck at all. If you’re having bad results on it with gear like that it’s because you’re a terrible player.

I didnt say I suck with that gears (even tho I do sometimes xD) neither I said S/D sucks

I just said my gear setup may have lower overall stats than other builds around and S/D may have suffered the last patch,but I dont care and I still have fun with it,dont get mad

in Thief

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

that ranger tho.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Best part of the video is how you consistently land FS
Which was claimed to be “impossible to land”
Seems like S/D is not dead

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I didnt say I suck with that gears (even tho I do sometimes xD) neither I said S/D sucks

I just said my gear setup may have lower overall stats than other builds around and S/D may have suffered the last patch,but I dont care and I still have fun with it,dont get mad

I wasn’t addressing you. I’m talking about the person who posted this video.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Uhh why?

2 6 0 0 6 D/P has always been harder to play than S/D 2 0 6 0 6, 2 0 0 6 6, or 2 0 2 4 6

Or are you talking about the X 6 6 X X D/P thieves in WvW? If you are then in a thief fight any trickery build far out classes it when fighting regardless of weapons.

in Thief

TheThiefMaster.3812

I wasn’t addressing you. I’m talking about the person who posted this video.

You and i could duel if you think I’m bad :-) I’m pretty much in spvp all day so whisper me anytime.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Best part of the video is how you consistently land FS
Which was claimed to be “impossible to land”
Seems like S/D is not dead

Against players who know how to counter, you can imagine being stuck evading instead of proccing LS; which is very likely these days.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Thief

TheThiefMaster.3812

I agree with you on the the fact S/D don’t suck but you don’t have to be that rude , since he still does pretty good. As someone said , he still lands almost all his FS . The thing is people have been used with a mechanism on a weapon set for almost 1 year and a half , so no matter how anet could change it , it’s weird for all those people who was maining the set .

Concerning the gear , pls … You make it sounds like ascended is soooo gamebreaking compared to exotic ( + the people he’s fighting are certainly ascended )

Good video overall for me , music was a bit too chill for my taste but I enjoyed it

Haha ty dude , the music kinda represents my feeling towards the set atm since it was my first time roaming with it since the change i thought it was appropriate , next vid will have a more upbeat track :-) .

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

Uhh why?

2 6 0 0 6 D/P has always been harder to play than S/D 2 0 6 0 6, 2 0 0 6 6, or 2 0 2 4 6

Or are you talking about the X 6 6 X X D/P thieves in WvW? If you are then in a thief fight any trickery build far out classes it when fighting regardless of weapons.

Simple. D/P is the most boring set for me to play, I dont enjoy it so im not going to play it. It doesnt matter what build they are using, the weapon set in general to me is just boring.

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Uhh why?

Simple. D/P is the most boring set for me to play, I dont enjoy it so im not going to play it. It doesnt matter what build they are using, the weapon set in general to me is just boring.

I play D/P, S/D, and Power P/D. Of them P/D is the most boring followed by S/D.

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

Uhh why?

I play D/P, S/D, and Power P/D. Of them P/D is the most boring followed by S/D.

Cool? We have different opinions, so what was the point in asking me why?

in Thief

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

I really dislike the jump dodging all the time. Also, you dodge too much randomly, which is something S/D really encourages though. Overall, I think the nerf is not too bad but I was never really a S/D player.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Thief

TheThiefMaster.3812

I really dislike the jump dodging all the time. Also, you dodge too much randomly, which is something S/D really encourages though. Overall, I think the nerf is not too bad but I was never really a S/D player.

I dodge because i try to anticipate what people are going to do , basically its get a couple of hits in then dodge , thats what helps me survive in these type of fights but yes if it weren’t for feline grace then i would save my dodges for the hard hitting stuff only but if can afford to dodge the stuff that don’t hurt as much i will.

As for jump dodging , i like it and will keep doing it.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP