Post-patch sword/pistol pve build?

in Thief

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Has anyone come up with a good pve sword/pistol build following yesterday’s patch yet? I’m interested!

in Thief

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Didnt really need the patch to run s/p in pve, same as always if your good with timing run 25/30/0/0/15. If your need extra dodges swap the trickery to acrobatics. use malice heal, lifesteal food, and your good to go (slot caltrops for extra malice procs if needed, otherwise as usual focus on power/prec signets, and whatever third utility you need

in Thief

Posted by: Morbyd.3761

Morbyd.3761

Indeed. I don’t think anything trait-wise changed for s/p. That pistol whip feels sooo smooth now though.

[Yay]

in Thief

danbuter.2314

http://tinyurl.com/q9z9ghh

How’s that for a build? I’m no expert, so any suggestions are welcome.

in Thief

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Well these are just my thoughts, but.. sword/pistol is a direct damage build, and since we are talking pve we know we can run zerker gear (maybe some valk if you need it).

for DA traitline, i’d use mug and sundering strikes, poison duration doesnt help you much (your only poison is steal) and improvisation is really not to useful

Crit strikes line. I’d 30 pts here, the final trait #11 executioner is your damage bread and butter. also i’d consider furious retalation and either side strike, combo crit chance, or practiced tolerance. depending on your skill level and whether you need the hp/ can stay behind enemy etc

I avoid the signet traits because power and prec signets are best for this build when you dont use them. the passives are great. (agility active is situationally awesome).

if you drop trickery down to 15 (we only use this for the extra init from 5 and 15, inti on steal, and +3 max, keeps you above 6 more often (damage from 25pts in crit strikes) and for trickery trait i’d use thrill of the crimbe, might/swift/fury for you and party

Elite I use basi venom (works well with lyssa runes), but switch it up depending on what your doing, dstorm is great against groups of trash, thieves guild dies very fast on most bosses.

Drop signet of shadows, you dont need that speed in a dungeon/fractal so you can switch it in or out but dont use it in battle. switch your last utility based on whats goin on, smokescreen in harpy fractal for instance. shadowstep when stuns are prevalent, or roll for ini for the stun break and extra ini. Haste isnt terrible either (though its not what it used to be) caltrops will give an extra malice proc every second

in Thief

danbuter.2314

thanks for your input! I suspected my build attempt was pretty sub-par.

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

There are two main builds I consider for any sword PvE build:
1 ) 25/30/0/15/0
DA: Mug & Sundering Strikes
CS: Side Strike, Critical Haste, Executioner
Acro: Power of Inertia
This build is the highest dps aside from moving the 15 from acro to trickery for Thrill of the Crime, which gives some good buffs, but loses a lot of survival.
2) 0/30/0/15/25
CS: Side Strike, Critical Haste, Executioner
Acro: Power of Inertia
Trick: Trill of the Crime, Flanking Strike
This is slightly lower dps, but still does substantial damage since you get all your damage from keeping your ini full while you auto-attack. The benefit of this build is that you get Thrill of the Crime, a lower steal cooldown, and a bit of extra damage from conditions you apply when using the short bow

Personally, I prefer the top build.

in Thief

danbuter.2314

http://tinyurl.com/p6gu2bm

New version after your input. I think I want to keep caltrops on dodge and daggerstorm, at least for now.

Any more suggestions (maybe drop that last 5 in Deadly Arts and put it somewhere else?

in Thief

danbuter.2314

hmm, looks like both of you would recommend Thrill of the Crime. Does it bump up dps that much? I was looking at caltrops at dodge because of it’s damage over time and the bonus to Signet of Malice heals.

(edited by danbuter.2314)

in Thief

danbuter.2314

Looking this over some more, I have very little condition removal. Should I use Prayer to Kormir in the 9 slot for this?

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Take cleric based gear, healing runes, and signet of malice with some heal food. You’ll heal over 200 each hit. Just spam 3 on 3 enemies or shoot 5 then auto to win. /lazymode. 1 PW on 3 enemies is about 4.5k health, do it twice. Don’t die. If you find someone to give you protection just rambo through everything, srs.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

danbuter.2314

Thanks everyone for the advice!