Potent Poison

Potent Poison

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I am not sure how many others tested this but it now a very good trait for a Condition build. If you use Spider venom in the build it akin to another 2 stacks of poison added to that and when you add in other poison sources now competes very nicely with Improv.

Venom Share with this trait selected can really get you some high tick poisons. This will also synergize well with impairing daggers giving the equivalent of 4 poison stacks off that utility.

This is a welcome change.

Potent Poison

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Yeah I was really glad to see this trait get buffed. I’ve got an evasive D/D condi build planned for Daredevil in the next BWE and I really look forward to testing it out.

Potent Poison

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Yeah I was really glad to see this trait get buffed. I’ve got an evasive D/D condi build planned for Daredevil in the next BWE and I really look forward to testing it out.

The very build I have been honing pre HOT. I started testing it last beta and it was both effective and fun so am looking forward to this weekend..

Potent Poison

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

now they just need to make dagger training get either longer poisons or a higher chance of application, give death blossom some real evade frames, and, hopefully, give dancing dagger torment application, and D/D condi can finally be a thing.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Potent Poison

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

D/D and P/D Condi builds are SO CLOSE to being good post-HoT. All it would take is a few small changes to put this archetype in a good place, such as lengthening the evade frames on Death Blossom and adding Torment to Dancing Dagger.

It’d be nice if Dagger Training wasn’t awful, too. Duration and procrates are way off.

Potent Poison

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

I think their number 1 priority for D/D should be Death Blossom. If that gets fixed to have a more fluid playstyle, then D/D condi could become very strong and viable for PvP and WvW.

Potent Poison

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Yep . evade frame of 1/2 second and a slight tweak to dagger training upwards ( 3 second duration 50 percent app rate perhaps) and we there condition wise.

Potent Poison

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

D/D and P/D Condi builds are SO CLOSE to being good post-HoT. All it would take is a few small changes to put this archetype in a good place, such as lengthening the evade frames on Death Blossom and adding Torment to Dancing Dagger.

It’d be nice if Dagger Training wasn’t awful, too. Duration and procrates are way off.

<3 for having the same opinion. i thought i was the only thief that still remembered dancing dagger exists :P

Potent Poison

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

<3 for having the same opinion. i thought i was the only thief that still remembered dancing dagger exists :P

Dancing Dagger is up there with Shadow Strike as one of my favorite Thief weapon skills. It just FEELS awesome. I would love to see it do a bit more damage though, especially against a single target. As is, you kind of need to ping-pong it between 2+ targets to get the most out of it.

Potent Poison

in Thief

BrunoBRS.5178

Dancing Dagger is up there with Shadow Strike as one of my favorite Thief weapon skills. It just FEELS awesome. I would love to see it do a bit more damage though, especially against a single target. As is, you kind of need to ping-pong it between 2+ targets to get the most out of it.

i don’t mind that it’s a niche skill that needs multiple targets, D/D is already in that territory (death blossom is pretty horrible if you don’t take in consideration it’s AoE, though i think it’s still weak even then). i do mind, however, that it’s kind of a useless skill even with multiple targets.

Potent Poison

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i think it just buff little bit the condi thief

now i can do 8 poison stacks which does 1.2k dps so with bleed i can do around total of 2k dps for short time (till it cleanse 2-3 sec)
its nice but still works best in 1v1 situation and not in team fight as other still do better condi dmg

Potent Poison

in Thief

babazhook.6805

i think it just buff little bit the condi thief

now i can do 8 poison stacks which does 1.2k dps so with bleed i can do around total of 2k dps for short time (till it cleanse 2-3 sec)
its nice but still works best in 1v1 situation and not in team fight as other still do better condi dmg

In a team fight you share spider venom. Watch your poisons tick at over 6k

Potent Poison

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Yeah, I did what I usually do after balance patches, went and solo’d some L1 fractals.

Since I’m already running gear and a blight sigil for d/d condition, I went in to check out the damage. Up until now I’ve been using Improvisation as doubling up on stolen items is generally a bigger DPS increase with goo/poison combos and the long duration bleeds/etc.

I’m happy to say that potent poison is actually potent now, and clears stuff out with the d/d build with much less spotty/random DPS, wheras before it was almost universally slower than just intelligently using double stolen items. Toss some lotus dodge in there and I think I’m finally ready to let go of improv. It is a tough choice and I will miss doubling up on daggerstorm or caltrops, but the reliability of that poison damage is just too good to pass up.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Potent Poison

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

The very build I have been honing pre HOT. I started testing it last beta and it was both effective and fun so am looking forward to this weekend..

Baba, mind sharing your build? I need to play something different for next beta weekend.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

Potent Poison

in Thief

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Well, if healing gets the super buff like they say it will, poison is the number one counter to healing. So it will definitely have its place.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Potent Poison

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Baba, mind sharing your build? I need to play something different for next beta weekend.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn8MBFmidmCGNB8PhFqiy7CGytrrnCgGYO77+wH-T1yCABQ8AAoUFEAOCAnoHAv9HeRTAqKB14EAskyPKOEA2o+BpAWUsF-w

This is what I was using last beta. It has a great ability to heal via dodges and attacks. It will be switched up for next beta to take advanathe of the DA trait potent poison and dagger training.

Uncatchable works great along with the impaling lotus off dodge. If you db over the target then use uncatchable to dodge away you get multiple conditions inflicted along with heal procs for the som.

Note while the condition damage seems low there a lot of stacks being loaded thus making damage noticeable. I had also tried leeching venoms so as to get yet more heals off the leech but found I had enough heals and the times I stealthed not enough to take advanatge of SE in the DA line. What I wanted to do is take the healing offered via SOM and the new dodges to the extreme traiting every heal possible and then slowly scaling back over the weekend to a more comfortable point.

The sigil of water was not intergral to the build. I was just testing to see the impact of the heal attribute. Since it an on hit rather then on crit it easier to trigger in a low crit build. I kept it because it was giving another 540 heal therebouts when it procced.

At this moment when I do take DA I am not yet sure which other traitline will drop. I liked hard to catch for the extra dodges and the regen kick in off pain response was noticeable. At the same time uncatchable and potent BA are nice.

This will by no means be my final build. I envision using ORR runes or Adventurer while keeping shamans armor when that time comes.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Potent Poison

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I’m thrilled at the possibility of running a D/D-P/D condi or even hybrid setup. It’s almost there.

Potent Poison

in Thief

babazhook.6805

This the build I will try this beta weekend. Note the gear will be all exotic and the runes will be what I can get in the free beta set (scavnger most likely) but I want to test the new potent poison.

I am pretty comfortable with a shamans SOM build so do not need to test that further in beta.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn0MB9OhdmCGmC8PhlWCzrMcHSRznwV4LULAcAWAA-TVyBABEcIAma/BC1HAwDAQU1f84EA0oSwuU+hxRAgUAYL2C-w

Obviously none of this will be final. This build has high condition removal in Wvw without using stealth. When HOT kicks in I will be lean back towards more shamans back in the build just becuse I liked all the healing one gets.

Note there no condition duration food. d/d has long lasting base bleeds which means it not really required so I am going to try the remove condition on heal food as a trial. This will allow me to remove up to 6 conditions from the withdraw heal alone every 14 seconds.

(edited by babazhook.6805)