Potent Poison (Trait)

Potent Poison (Trait)

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Potent Poison: Updated the thief skills that caused poison to reflect the extended
duration that this trait applies

Correct me if I’m wrong but, do Anet meant to say that this trait has been non-functional for over a year now?

I’m starting to believe that there’s merit to the rumors about Anet’s QA team.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Potent Poison (Trait)

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

People would have noticed, this is probably about the skill facts of posion skills not adding in the effect.

Potent Poison (Trait)

in Thief

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

Perhaps they meant the tool-tips are now updated (for those skills)? It’s a shame to have to guess/test if traits even function — almost impossible for some — but at least those tool-tips help some. :-)

Potent Poison (Trait)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I doubt it’s the tool tip otherwise they would have specifically said it like they did in other tool tip changes from the same update notes.

This is an over-looked from a game that is not thoroughly tested.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Potent Poison (Trait)

in Thief

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Maybe they would have gotten that bug feedback long time ago if people actually used the trait.

All is vain.

Potent Poison (Trait)

in Thief

frans.8092

There was a recent P/D condition thread and I believe the people using the trait would have noticed. But I don’t know, I’ve never really tested it.

Potent Poison (Trait)

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Just tooltips weren’t affected by this trait, but applied poison duration was extended for sure.

Signed, level 1 alt

Potent Poison (Trait)

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Read it again, the world “reflect” clearly indicates that it’s a tooltip update. Anet aren’t always consistent with their patch notes, they have updated tooltips without specifically saying the word tooltip a dozen times before.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

Potent Poison (Trait)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Read it again, the world “reflect” clearly indicates that it’s a tooltip update. Anet aren’t always consistent with their patch notes, they have updated tooltips without specifically saying the word tooltip a dozen times before.

That doesn’t make any sense. It states;

“Updated the thief skills that caused poison to reflect the extended duration…”

Compare to;

“Cluster Bomb: The bleeding skill fact now displays…”
“Fire Cluster Bomb: Added skill facts to describe…”

And this is not about the Potent Poison alone — now I wonder what other skills and traits that doesn’t work properly.

Potent Poison (Trait)

in Thief

frans.8092

Without time-machine it’s going to be hard to prove either way.