Power/Perc/C.Dmg or Power/Vit/C.Dmg

in Thief

Posted by: Eiken.6821

Eiken.6821

I have a question for anyone running thief at all. I am currently reworking my accessories to have con. dmg on them. I cant decide power/per/condition dmg (first thought) or power/vit/conddmg

I am a d/d, shortbow thief.
I just got all my runes to have condition damage and 15% bleed duration added
All but 3 pieces of my armour are power/perc/cond dmg. I am keeping the other 3 to have crit (just so I have a little boost there)

30/30/0/0/10 atm, though debating changing to 20/30/0/0/20. (Can share what you think on that as well if you have any help to offer)

I primarily run dungeons only. I am not quite the solo type and not doing pvp with my thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

Stacking bleeds are great if you’re the only one. However, if multiple people are stacking bleeds (thief/thief or thief/necro). You run the possibility of wasting DPS. Only one stack of bleeds is allowed and it tops at 25. This is one reason I went to a Power/Precision/Critical Damage build. However, don’t let that stop you. Try it out, see how you feel.

I would go 25/30/0/0/15 and stack conditional damage on everything.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

in Thief

Posted by: Eiken.6821

Eiken.6821

Thanks, I did take up your suggestion on the 25/30/0/0/15. Liking it so far, I am going to do a bit more testing around before deciding, but changes are go with the precision one over the vitality one.

in Thief

Posted by: Silver.4798

Silver.4798

I run a full condition build, so 0/0/20/20/30, where the focus is condition damage and survivability. Power/vit/condition damage is what I use and rune it with toughness/condition (superior rune of the undead). Works fairly well for me.

Your build however seems a bit more of a hybrid, since u have 25/30 in power and crit so you have plenty of burst damage potential should you choose to go that route. The rampager armor seems to fit your build more (power/prec/condition). I would think you will be better suited to take this route rather than power/vit/condition (because the latter gives more condition damage, whereas the former gives less condition damage but more power/prec, which your trait line capitalizes on).

In the 0/0/20/20/30 build, I have just under 2000 power and about 1200 condition damage on my build, with 18k HP for reference (my gear however is not complete yet, i’m hoping to get the condition damage to 1300 and HP closer to 19k).

in Thief

Posted by: Silver.4798

Silver.4798

Alternatively there is also a prec/toughness/condition damage gear set, which is also viable. I went through a similar debate myself a few weeks ago so I was digging around quite a bit lol

in Thief

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

I have been a Condition thief for a long time and I went 0/0/30/20/20 P/D // SB, all Carrion Gear.

Recently, I have been toying with a new build – 10/0/30/15/15 DD//SB(or PP depending on soloingVS zerging) with Weps & Armor being Carrion (PWR/Vit/Cond) and My accessories are Rabid (Prec,Toughness/Condition).

I have less Vit in my new build, but I gain greater Critical Chance (I also traited to gain Fury on Steal). I also use the Sigil to gain more Condition damage upon Kills. Rune wise, I go 2x Krait, 2x Centaur, 2x Afflicted.

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War

in Thief

Posted by: khadorian.6417

khadorian.6417

Iv been venuring into condition damage since i wanted to try poisons.
I only use the damage poison on bar.

Mix of rampager/carrion gear,superior earth sigil and krait runes
Spec 25/15/30/0/0 dagger/dagger pistol/pistol

This makes me able to get poison share in groups if I want or get some survivability in wvw.

Variations iv debated

30/10/30/0/0
25/10/30/0/5

Any tips?

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/bmj3ann">My WvW Necro power build</a>

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Carrion gear for conditions all the way.

Precission without a HUGE amount of power is a mathematical waste (if you do the maths for a 1000 points distribution, the derivate to distribute Power and Precission gets negative Precission, which means impossible to get negative damage anti-critical attacks, to get max damage, that is how good is Power compared to Precission). Even with maxed out Critical Damage, Power is still better than Precission.

Even if you’re taking traits or sigils to get bleeds on crits (and Thieves don’t have traits for that even then), it’s still a complete waste of attribute points compared with the damage you get from raw Power. If you have to choose at any point between Power and Precission, always go for Power. Precission is only worth it when you have the max Power you can get (like Berserker gear) to get max damage at the cost of all the survivality you can get from attributes as it consumes 2 atribute lines (one for Precission and one for Critical Damage) to be effective.

Between Vitality and Toughness the difference isn’t that high, but as we got the lowest HP in the game I prefer to stick with Vitality as it increases our defenses more and you’re already getting 300 toughness in most P/D builds from the Shadow Arts tree.

Which means Carrion is perfect for us as it gets Power instead of worthless Precission and bumps our low HP a lot.

in Thief

Posted by: khadorian.6417

khadorian.6417

I think you are missing the point, both carrion and rampager gear has power, and if you go for venoms you get like 250-300 power from traits alone, im sitting at 3k attack in my “condition build”, crits are hardly wasted, and with 15 in critcal strikes you get initiative back on crits, also with rune of earth you get bleeds.

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/bmj3ann">My WvW Necro power build</a>

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I think you are missing the point, both carrion and rampager gear has power, and if you go for venoms you get like 250-300 power from traits alone, im sitting at 3k attack in my “condition build”, crits are hardly wasted, and with 15 in critcal strikes you get initiative back on crits, also with rune of earth you get bleeds.

Sorry I confused Rabid with Rampager.

Rampager is even worse than Rabid. Zero survivality, not as much Condition Damage and uses Precission as the max atribute. Precision should never be used as the first attribute, mathematically is killing your whole stat sheet. Precission is only good with maxed Power and lots of critical damage. Mixing precission and condition damage on the same stat sheet is simply a waste of your resources, even using on-crit sigils. Never do it.

Carrion makes you hit as hard (the difference that super precision makes is VERY VERY low), your bleed are much more powerful and you can survive more time. Really, Precission without huge amounts of both Power and Condition Damage is a miserable stat line, I don’t even know how it’s considered a primary atribute instead of a secondary one like Healing Power and Malice.

BTW I use Carrion AND 25 in Deadly Arts so I have very good power to hit in adition to my Condition Damage.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

in Thief

Posted by: Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Kydar Schattendolch.6879

I’m using rampagners with pow/prec/cond.
I have a % Crit-Chance and 1900 Power and Prec. but 800 condition dmg. So I can deal nice physical dmg and have a nice support with condition.
So, when there are other proffessions with Bleeding, ist’s not as bad as it would be, if i’m fully on condition-dmg…
But i also take some accessoires for more vitality…
I’ve a 25/15/15/0/15 distribution on the traitlines and something around 15k Health
For me its good…there may be better ones, but i like it…

I figured it out with Rabit-Set, but the Health would’nt be better, cause i would switch my accessoires too, so ist’s nearly the same. I only would change Precision for more Condition-Damage

(edited by Kydar Schattendolch.6879)