Power Thief WvW Solo Roaming + Duels [Video]

in Thief

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Hello everyone. Just putting up a video of my recent thief activities. Apologies for the rust (just picked thief back up) and the poor editing (never edit on no sleep). Build is in the description. Feedback is welcome of course.

Enjoy!

Video

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Thief

Helly.2597

Another video of power thief roaming. Feedback is welcome as always.

Video 2

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Thief

Helly.2597

Just another video. Hope you enjoy.

Video 3

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Thief

Posted by: HARDOFREADING.7298

HARDOFREADING.7298

Just shows how ridiculously broken Dash is as a mechanic…and mind, you I’ve been a thief since the pre-weekend.
The problem is that in order to stay near you, people have to blow all their utility, thereby leaving themselves essentially defenseless.
HoT vs Core is Pay to Win and as soon as Anet chose this as a business model, it’s been all downhill.
In all fairness though, the lack of a dual classing system was another terrible design choice that has led us to where we are…watered down cutter cooker builds that are akin to GW1’s “Load PvP Template”.
HoT was a death knell to build diversity. We don’t even have “fluxes” (a masterpiece tweak of protocol that at least added variation).
On a side note, I did see at least one thing I though was exploitable and pretty cool. Message me in game sometime & I’ll run you thru some of the finer points of it conceptually.

in Thief

Helly.2597

Just shows how ridiculously broken Dash is as a mechanic…and mind, you I’ve been a thief since the pre-weekend.
The problem is that in order to stay near you, people have to blow all their utility, thereby leaving themselves essentially defenseless.
HoT vs Core is Pay to Win and as soon as Anet chose this as a business model, it’s been all downhill.
In all fairness though, the lack of a dual classing system was another terrible design choice that has led us to where we are…watered down cutter cooker builds that are akin to GW1’s “Load PvP Template”.
HoT was a death knell to build diversity. We don’t even have “fluxes” (a masterpiece tweak of protocol that at least added variation).
On a side note, I did see at least one thing I though was exploitable and pretty cool. Message me in game sometime & I’ll run you thru some of the finer points of it conceptually.

Dash is an extremely strong trait, though I disagree people have to waste their cds to stay with me. In order for me to do damage I have to engage in melee range and does open up for countering the attack. You’re right in that most people blow defensive cds to keep up but in reality it not something they should or have to do.

I wouldn’t blame HoT for ruining diversity. Diversity for every class got ruined by the revamp for the trait system when we went from having the 70 trait points system. Once you became able to fully achieve three full trait lines build diversity has been much worse simply because every class has more or less three traitlines that have excellent synergy and are better than the others. Its only then slightly hurt by how the HoT traitlines are usually one of those lines.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Thief

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

Dash is fine.

in Thief

Helly.2597

Dash is fine.

I agree my only complaint is how it marginalizes the acro “Don’t Stop” trait. And by marginalize I mean makes it totally not logical to take both at once or “Don’t Stop” at all really. But that more has to do with how that GM should be redone instead of Dash being nerfed.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Thief

Posted by: HARDOFREADING.7298

HARDOFREADING.7298

You can disagree all you want. LoL Dash removes Immobilized/Crippled/Chilled.
A pure 3/4 Evade, 8 seconds of Swiftness, & Damage Reduction for 4 seconds.
Not to mention the 450 movement….
Dodge is just 3/4 second Evade.
Nope, Nothing wrong with HoT and skill balancing in this game….Nothing at all.

in Thief

Posted by: Jiminy.8340

Jiminy.8340

You can disagree all you want. LoL Dash removes Immobilized/Crippled/Chilled.
A pure 3/4 Evade, 8 seconds of Swiftness, & Damage Reduction for 4 seconds.
Not to mention the 450 movement….
Dodge is just 3/4 second Evade.
Nope, Nothing wrong with HoT and skill balancing in this game….Nothing at all.

So using dash to escape someone means a thief has used their ONLY defense being their dodge. Thieves have no retal, no blocks (other than Bandits defense), no invulns and certainly no passives. If someone uses their defenses to catch a thief, both characters now have no defense. This generally means a dead thief.

You’re right though – HoT and skill balancing is awry. Thieves needs more defenses to better balance the class out.

in Thief

Helly.2597

Well back again with another video, this time a mixture of some solo and group clips from the past few days.

Video 4

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Thief

Helly.2597

And another…

Video 5

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in Thief

Helly.2597

A few duels this time with the roaming fights.

Video 6

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]