Priority Stealing Resistance?

in Thief

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Q:

Do we know yet where it is in the list? Will it be before stability?

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Thief

Posted by: Karl McLain

Karl McLain

Game Designer

A:

Bountiful Theft has its own stealing table/order. We’re looking into the possibility of changing it to function similarly to the conversions, but there’s also a chance that we move to “first-in-last-out” in the future as well. The big thing is that we always want to assure benefit, so that you don’t steal the tail-end of swiftness for 0.5 seconds (also, it’s preferable for balance that we don’t let the trait steal minutes worth of specific boons). Here’s the order, Resistance and Quickness included:

Aegis
Stability
Protection
Regeneration
Retaliation
Fury
Swiftness
Might
Resistance
Quickness
Vigor (since the trait already gives you this one)

Flanking Strikes still uses the first in last out system and won’t be random, since it’s not a conversion.

Hope this helps,
-Karl

Edit: Quickness, not Slow! :P

(edited by Karl McLain.5604)

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

I don’t have any concrete proof, but probably not.

The order will likely remain Aegis (so that BT actually hits with steal), and stability (so SoH is worth taking), then everything else.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Im pretty sure they said boon stealing is random now, but I could be wrong.

in Thief

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

It will probably be random like conversion is now so no guarantee you will steal it.

in Thief

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Bountiful Theft has its own stealing table/order. We’re looking into the possibility of changing it to function similarly to the conversions, but there’s also a chance that we move to “first-in-last-out” in the future as well. The big thing is that we always want to assure benefit, so that you don’t steal the tail-end of swiftness for 0.5 seconds (also, it’s preferable for balance that we don’t let the trait steal minutes worth of specific boons). Here’s the order, Resistance and Slow included:

Aegis
Stability
Protection
Regeneration
Retaliation
Fury
Swiftness
Might
Resistance
Quickness

Flanking Strikes still uses the first in last out system and won’t be random, since it’s not a conversion.

Hope this helps,
-Karl

Hey Karl thanks for the reply, could you explain what happened to ricochet?

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Bountiful Theft has its own stealing table/order. We’re looking into the possibility of changing it to function similarly to the conversions, but there’s also a chance that we move to “first-in-last-out” in the future as well. The big thing is that we always want to assure benefit, so that you don’t steal the tail-end of swiftness for 0.5 seconds (also, it’s preferable for balance that we don’t let the trait steal minutes worth of specific boons). Here’s the order, Resistance and Slow included:

Aegis
Stability
Protection
Regeneration
Retaliation
Fury
Swiftness
Might
Resistance
Quickness

Hope this helps,
-Karl

Like this order and see the reasons behind it, thanks!
Please dont make it be random though, it’s a master trait after all that synergizes a lot with other traits – if it doesnt remove stability and aegis first it will be really hard to use and probably not worth taking

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Rai.9625

Rai.9625

xD the same mistake as in the Stream/YT Upload… xD we don’t want to steal slow, honestly we don’t… good thing it is not present in the table or switched with quickness ^^

But please don’t change it… it is heaven sent, that we can get stability off quite foolhardy and aegis.

in Thief

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Aegis
Stability
Protection
Regeneration
Retaliation
Fury
Swiftness
Might
Resistance
Quickness

Hope this helps,
-Karl

Thanks Karl.

BTW is this the same order for arcane thievery?

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Thief

Posted by: King.1985

King.1985

Thanks karl, please leave this order untouched (dont make it FILO) — How annoying would it be to steal and have your mug be blocked from aegis since it wasn’t the next boon in line to go, or get your traited daze from sleight of hand removed from not taking the stability. Please leave it unchanged like it is now, Thanks!

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Thanks for dropping by Karl. That order is great. Thanks for the clarification. I’m a little surprised that it didn’t go

Aegis
Stability
Protection
Regeneration
Retaliation
Resistance
Fury
Swiftness
Might
Quickness

since the theme seems to be taking defensive boons first, then offensive boons second, but seriously, the order is great on a much loved(and hated) trait. No need for change!

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

will never understand why regen is so high on the list…. it is so worthless compared to stripping those 22 stacks of might …

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

This is good to know. I was always under the impression that it was Stability, Protection, and then Aegis third meaning Steal could actually be blocked by it. I like it the way it is, since it allows you to always land your daze from Sleight of Hand if the target has stability, and I’m also against more RNG. That being said, with the addition of the new boons, I’m surprised Resistance isn’t placed next to Protection, since they are both "protection" from a type of damage.

Although yeah, regarding Might, when I see 15 or especially 20+ stacks, I really just want to steal those. Even though I won’t get them for myself and my team, I want to deny them to the enemy player. It would be a nice addition if Might could increase in priority the more stacks of it there are.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Stack-based removal of both conditions and boons was always something I never understood as to why it wasn’t implemented in the game. I really hate cleansing cripple over 19 stacks of bleeding, and so on.

in Thief

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

Karl is a viking.

in Thief

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If you make it first in last out, you should make the interface show them in the correct order.