Professional All-Thief Team

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

In case you haven’t seen TheMightyAltroll’s post yet in the PvP forums, here’s a berief summary:

I’m pondering getting together some extremely good players for single profession teams, assigning a coach, and letting them practice for extended periods of time before having each one record tournament matches, and eventually fight each other in a Soac style event. All for the purposes of competition, and study of one’s class. However, I would need backing and support from the community in this.

This would essentially be just like Soac, but with better players, more time to practice, and specifically for competition.

Do you guys think this is worth setting up?

I just thought of this because I was extremely disappointed how some classes were represented in the tourneys. I figure each class could use an extra shot at the top.

Alright, everyone that wants to start a team for this, post in your respected Profession forums, and recruit some players!

Send me a PM with the Roster in this format:

• Player 1
  • Player 2
  • Player 3
  • Player 4
  • Player 5
    Coach Name

I’m planning this to be an over-time thing, giving everyone time to practice and train. So no rush.

We should start some auditions up for this team, I think it’s a great idea. So, who’s interested?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

Also, we can probably include multiple other spots for our team. We could have a team of ten, for example, with two coaches.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Any volunteers would be wonderful. Again, if you have your doubts as to if you’re good enough to apply, remember, I plan to have alot of practice time for every team.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Thief

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I’d love to participate, but its impossible.
Living in KSA for the moment makes most of my pvp fights so frustrating.

Last night I went with my thief to WvW and fought 3 other guys near a camp. They were terrible, they would stay in the blind field and miss all attacks. But I couldnt react to anything with nearly 10sec lag spikes (not exaggerating). As soon as the blind field was gone (the HS would take so long to trigger that when it came out the blind field was already gone and the combo not performed) I would get killed. Even trying to move was hard with so much rubberbanding…

Normally here its about 400ms lag, but on bad days its like that, 5-10sec lag spikes frequently (every 10-15 secs).

Will love to see the results, and maybe join when I get back from here…

in Thief

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

I’m very interested in this. I’m not sure if I’m professional level or not, but id be down for some sort of try out

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Honestly, instead of bothering with this forum, just go to the PvP leaderboards, and PM all the thieves from top-down.

You will get far better players that way, instead of random WvW zergers and hotjoin heroes.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Thief

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Caed, Cruuk, Jumper, Snake Rain, James.

[SoF]

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

I think the idea is (should be?) less about getting top players and more about getting a team that syncs and works well together in a coordinated fashion.

I definitely enjoyed playing with the SOAC Thief group last week. I think had we been more coordinated, we might have been able to be more effective (with regards to fighting Elementalists).

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

I think the idea is (should be?) less about getting top players and more about getting a team that syncs and works well together in a coordinated fashion.

I definitely enjoyed playing with the SOAC Thief group last week. I think had we been more coordinated, we might have been able to be more effective (with regards to fighting Elementalists).

This.

I would very much like to have players like Caed and Jumper on a team of all thieves, but they’re already part of their own teams (I believe). Also, Mighty and I were chatting last night about this, and one way that we thought that we could use these teams would be as a sort of a Minor League to help “Major League” teams find new players. If that was going to be the case, though, then it would be preferable to have less experienced players play, as opposed to top-tier players.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

TBH, someone should rent a room and just start a “singleton” league so any number of these types of teams can be formed and compete. I’d envision the structure to be something like

Preliminary round – Single elmination versus other same-profession teams
Second round – Top 2 teams from each profession join a bracket consisting of one of the top qualifying teams from each profession. Double Elimination, loser’s bracket will automatically be matched against a profession other than the one they lost to as long as one exists.
Final Round – Top teams from each second round bracket go at it single elimination.

I’m not much for sPvP, but it’s definitely something I’d watch.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ