Proposed Steal Changes

Proposed Steal Changes

in Thief

Posted by: Greed.1954

Greed.1954

After quite a bit of playing my thief both in pvp and pve, there were a couple of things I disliked about steal.

1: When you’re out of range and you use it, it goes on a 5 second cd. Instead, I propose to change this so that it gives you an “Out of Range” message and no cd. Sure, this could be mitigated by taking the long range steal trait, but why should we have to waste a trait to fix bad mechanics? Also it begs the question: what if I actually take the trait and now I’m at 1601 and in the same boat.

2: The other thing that annoys me about steal, which mostly happens in pvp is stealth dropping targets. When this happens and you’re about to fire off steal, it uses the steal and puts it on a 30 second cd while you move about six inches and have no effects from any steal traits and get no ability for it. My proposed change to this is to make steal require a target to use, giving an “I Don’t Have a Target” message and not activating the skill.

Both of these changes don’t seem op, would be fairly simple to execute, and would make steal a lot more user friendly. Let me know what you guys think.

Proposed Steal Changes

in Thief

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

Steal:

Interrupt
F1 Changes to whatever skill you interrupted for 30 seconds.

Proposed Steal Changes

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

After quite a bit of playing my thief both in pvp and pve, there were a couple of things I disliked about steal.

1: When you’re out of range and you use it, it goes on a 5 second cd. Instead, I propose to change this so that it gives you an “Out of Range” message and no cd. Sure, this could be mitigated by taking the long range steal trait, but why should we have to waste a trait to fix bad mechanics? Also it begs the question: what if I actually take the trait and now I’m at 1601 and in the same boat.

2: The other thing that annoys me about steal, which mostly happens in pvp is stealth dropping targets. When this happens and you’re about to fire off steal, it uses the steal and puts it on a 30 second cd while you move about six inches and have no effects from any steal traits and get no ability for it. My proposed change to this is to make steal require a target to use, giving an “I Don’t Have a Target” message and not activating the skill.

Both of these changes don’t seem op, would be fairly simple to execute, and would make steal a lot more user friendly. Let me know what you guys think.

Yea lag gets me all the time. The icon is showing the ability is in range yet when I hit it I stay put AND it goes on a 30 second cool down. It really should never go on cooldown if the teleport isn’t going to happen. It’s a quality of life change that really needs to happen. That along with last refuge getting fixed would really help out a lot.

Proposed Steal Changes

in Thief

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

Both issues are due to player skill. I see no reason for a change.