Proposed changes to Venoms.

in Thief

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Venoms have potential, but they’re just a bit lackluster as is. Namely, they suffer from having no innate stunbreaker and a low share radius.

Venomous Aura
Radius increased to 350 from 300.

Ice Drake Venom
It’s currently lackluster compared to well…. all of the other venoms. As such, it now inflicts Burning and Chilled instead of just Chilled. Renamed to Drake Venom.

Quick Venoms
Added effect – Venoms now break stuns. 20 second cooldown.
~ Note – Cooldown only triggers if a stun is broken.

in Thief

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

I really like the quick Venoms idea. well thought out, we’ll probably never get burning on thieves but we can hope

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Thief

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

Burning venom

Kittening condition meta

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Burning could be added to some venom, though “Ice Drake” doesn’t seem the right one for that (maybe “Fire Imp Venom” or if you want both on the same Venom, simply rename it to “Drake Venom”).

I like the Quick Venoms idea, I’ve though about it before in fact as stuns really affect my venom sharer build as I lack any stun breaker in favor of support skills. Many 20% utility reduction have an aditional effect maybe it could be the might and 20% reduction fused on a single trait as a stunbreak may be too good on a combination though, then we get a new trait, alchemist focus or something sounding like that so a stun breaks makes sense with the trait name.

Currently on my Venom Sharer support build the thing that really affect me is a good stunlock. Those can destroy me, so being able to use a Venom to break it would help a lot.

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Well thought out Venom idea. Who knows what the next meta might bring

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

300 to 900 or 1200.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

300 to 900 or 1200.

Please don’t take the protagonism of other people’s threads with your crazy op talks.

This is why most here are complimenting this thread’s ideas and everytime you start a sugestion thread we go with the mindset of “oh great, a Deacollo sugestion thread! let’s have a laugh at today’s OPness idea!” (in fact we don’t say oh great as at this point it’s too much).

300 to 350 isn’t a bad idea as sometimes you miss the share by a bit. Even 400 could be fine I guess.

900 or 1200? yeah, well… let’s remove the max of 5 targets too!! Even better, let’s give it to every ally in a PvP map!

Do you know that even banners and shouts only have 600 range? And it makes sense that they have that range, how would you explain sharing your venom unguents to allies where we can’t even shoot an arrow?

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

in Thief

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Venoms are terrible because there are much better offensive alternatives, and adding a stun breaker to them isn’t really going to entice me to use them over our much better defensive utilities.

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Should just make it so venoms will remove boons. Then thieves can be useful in the zerg w/ venomshare and we now have an incentive to use it while roaming.

in Thief

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Should just make it so venoms will remove boons. Then thieves can be useful in the zerg w/ venomshare and we now have an incentive to use it while roaming.

A nice boon Corrupt venom would be awesome.

in Thief

Posted by: Cronicle.5691

Cronicle.5691

Venoms should be a F2 ability that can be selected like rangers select pets in my opinion. It would open up for some more utilities that can boost thieves overall play on the field.

Its it is right now Deception and Signets are the most used as they are the ones that bring the most to plays and combos for more diverse builds.

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

venoms with their 45secs cooldown not worth their effect. like this skale venom 3stacks torment for 6secs!? and cooldown 45secs!?? unlike other class can cast their torment 5stacks for 8 – 12 secs. and their torment skill is not utility skill. basilisk stone is the only venom that im using.