Pulmonary Impact

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Now this not suggest more power creep i just curious on other thief view.

What if Pulmonary Impact was a aoe? an could hit up to 5 players.

i think it would improve thief team fighting. allowing them to be a team support with out having to commit to running right in to fray of everyone cleave of death.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

It would force /P even further and make D/P even more mandatory.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

/P yeah, but not necessarily D/P. S/P actually has more synergy with Pulmonary since Pistol Whip also interrupts (with the stun). But yeah it would make Pistol a more common offhand than it already is.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Use an AOE interrupt. I don’t think that’s needed, PI already performs pretty straight forward, I wouldn’t want to get tagged in any fight by one more aimless aoe freeby that I can’t cleanse.

Kash
NSP

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

i think its fine. most of the time im doing 3k-4k damage, only think that i dont like about is that it can reveal if you interrupt and a few seconds later you go into stealth.

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: vaxjani.9073

vaxjani.9073

Hell no. Although putting an ICD (3-5s) instead of the AoE effect would be a good start.
Then you change the base dmg to like non-existent (like 10 dmg) and make it scale with power (1.0) and ignore all defense (like armor/protection/rite of great dwarf/trait dmg reductions/runes etc.) and offense from traits/runes/vulnerability etc. (only power would affect it – so might would increase its dmg).
So with 2.5k power you do flat 2.5k dmg, with 1k power you do flat 1k dmg. This means you do more dmg against bunkers and less to squishy targets, and condi wouldnt be affected by it too much (only 1k power).

Lagspike – Never Gonna Find Me – Happy Burstday
War/Ranger/Thief Roaming Vids

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

kash.9213

Hell no. Although putting an ICD (3-5s) instead of the AoE effect would be a good start.
Then you change the base dmg to like non-existent (like 10 dmg) and make it scale with power (1.0) and ignore all defense (like armor/protection/rite of great dwarf/trait dmg reductions/runes etc.) and offense from traits/runes/vulnerability etc. (only power would affect it – so might would increase its dmg).
So with 2.5k power you do flat 2.5k dmg, with 1k power you do flat 1k dmg. This means you do more dmg against bunkers and less to squishy targets, and condi wouldnt be affected by it too much (only 1k power).

Why an ICD? Something like Distracting Daggers would have to be axed or changed and why mess with someone who builds for interrupts, it’s a payoff and it doesn’t happen all that much even now. As it is right now it’s fine, I don’t see any reason to turn it into trait filler that no one would use.

Kash
NSP

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Taobella.6597

i done pulm hits up to 5k personally but. i knew this suggestion would be a direct hit for d/p. but i just hit a point where i do not care about d/p.

we could change pulm that it scale based duration of the CC you do. so base damage right now is 872 (3.28)<- grab this from wiki i do not know if it true)

0, 1/4, 1/2 CC =2.
3/4, 1 CC = 2.5
1 1 1/2 = 3.
1 3/4, 2 = 3.5
2 1/4, 2 1/2 = 4
2 3/4, 3 = kitten
here a few explains

Head shot = 2. scale
Pistol whip =3. scale
Trip wire = 4.5 scale

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

PI’s more in need of a nerf in terms of a 5-8 second ICD. Making it an AoE with it’s current state is just ridiculous. That trait rewards braindead spamming and is currently only worth existing in it’s current state because there’s plenty of other, even more ridiculous crap on other professions.

It’s just one of many post-HoT things that need toning down.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I think PI in a good place. Damage does not crit yet it does sufficient damage. I would NOT add an ICD in any way shape or form given the way stability works and how it regenerates at a pulse or dodge with so many classes. if one puts an ICD on PI then it unlikely you can keep up with the stability applications

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: cyn.2157

cyn.2157

PI doesn’t encourage braindead spamming – it rewards thieves attacking braindead skill spammers and thereby dis-incentivizes braindead spamming. If two braindead spammers come against one another, and one is a thief spamming interrupts, then yes – they’re going to win – and their enemy is going to think twice about finger jamming all their skills and L2P.

IMO PI was fine as is – tho I haven’t run with it in ~2-3 months, so if there was a tweak I missed… my opinion is invalid.

-Fade Nightshade (thief all the way, baby)

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

An outrageous idea and suggestion. at least a lower the dmg by 10-20% and an icd on it. Not power creep the hell out of it.

To the above post, it works on AA… that’s just 1 example of brain dead spam. I said this before that I agree inteups should be rewarded but really with how inative works and at 4 inative per head shot. Some class’s like rev can get rekt alone just by keeping the gap open and ‘spamming’ head shot.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Nerfing it is out of question considering how much kitten Thieves have to put up with from the other classes. It’s one of the few reliable damage dealing attacks we have against the other classes, and considering how most of our stealth is mostly negated by all manner of passive defenses, stealth which was supposed to be our main mechanic, I have no problem with keeping PI the way it is now.

I don’t think it needs AoE though, enough of that. It’s fine the way it is.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

Only if a stolen necro fear can proc 5 simultaneous PI procs and wipe a WvW raiding group with the AoE!

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Taobella.6597

i just want to recap this suggestion was not to go in to power creeping we can always scale damage back as needed i suggestion was would making it an AoE make thief better.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s fine as is. ;o Bring back Ricochet and it can AoE, kinda. lol

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Kiroshima.8497

Kiroshima.8497

Pulmonary Impact THE TRAIT needs to be nerfed, while Fist Flurry→Palm Strike should be buffed. PI is too accessible for all the off hand pistols (and also the steal daze trait) and does not warrant such power compared to the skill it is based on (which is laughably awful, good luck hitting all hits on fist flurry).

Instead, increase the number of hits dealt by fist flurry to 6 (nice even number), then make it so you only need 3 (or 50% of whatever number) hits to flip to palm strike.

Then adjust palm strike to apply two stacks of pulmonary impact on interrupt, 1 if you just hit the stun.

So if you take the trait and land palm strike with interrupt, it should do a TON of damage. If you don’t have the trait, palm strike is still dangerous. The trait on its own can still be pressure, but not so rewarding on its own (especially against slow cast abilities on classes like necro, they probably aren’t spamming, it just takes forever to cast one move).

Note: PI is currently a 3.28 damage multiplier; instead make it a 1.66 base (nerfing the trait standalone and poorly timed palm strikes). With the above changes, a palm strike interrupt with trait does a 5 multiplier (3 stacks of PI). With no trait, palm strike interrupt does 3.32 multiplier (tiny bit higher than current PI, 2 stacks). And of course, a single stack on its own would be a 1.66, not too annoying for a trait with no ICD (as it is now). Thus we have buffed Fist Flurry, Palm Strike, and well timed interrupts while reducing the heavy spam potency of off hand pistol.

Dynamics Thesis Defense Unit [UNIV] is looking for new thesis defenders.
Friendly environment, no question is too basic. Enroll Now!
~Fort Aspenwood~

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

No no no, clearly you misunderstand that Interrupting with Head Shot without a cooldown and such a short animation requires particularly godlike timing because reasons and makes the caster very vulnerable. No other class needs to time its interrupts as well, clearly, because reasons.

/s

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

But what if I really like those rare moments where I interrupt a heal and watch as they struggle until Pulmonary Impact snuffs the life out of them?

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

kash.9213

But what if I really like those rare moments where I interrupt a heal and watch as they struggle until Pulmonary Impact snuffs the life out of them?

Then follow up with a Fist Flurry and hadouken the rest of the life out of them.

Kash
NSP

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

what about the common moments where you can proc this from AA? thats the problem with this trait, it has no icd, work on ANY action and cost’s only 4 inative @900 range (in most cases)

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Anyone know if the Pulmonary Impact on Interrupt trait does anything at all to champions, bosses with breakbars and etc that can’t be interrupted? Kinda lame if it doesn’t~ basically makes it a PvP only trait which shouldn’t be a thing.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

PI IMHO is fine given the amount of stability out there. the ONLY thing I would consider is raising INI cost headshot to 5 and in light of all that stability i need some convincing on that.

Any sort of ICD would neuter the skill as the stability avaialble to other classes would be replaced faster then you could peel it off to get the damage effect.

None of the other interrupts are all that spammable.