Pulmonary Impact

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

What would the harm be for this skill to actually crit ?
If you think about it, a hard hit to the lungs would do some critical damage would it not?

What if it had a 100% chance to crit? of course it would have to be balanced as such, but we could actually get more out of it with our sigils and traits

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

let’s see how it actually works first, well make suggestions after.
It will probably be implemented by Christmas, at least it’s when it makes more sense to me for the HoT to be launched, until then we can only speculate, no point in making requests now.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

It would mean we deal more damage if we equip a utility that exists for more doing more damage. I don’t know.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

BobbyT.7192

I know, it’s a “wait and see” thing, I just don’t have too high hopes, anet doesn’t like giving a lot of damage to utility skills,
At least with a 100% crit, it’s able to help with procs.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

If I interpret it corretly, pulmonary impact isn’t a direct attack. It just deals the set amount of damage after an amount of time regardless of what you do after marking the target with it.
Kind of like a condition that ticks just one single time but with a huge damage. Except you can’t condi clean it.
So it just adds on top of all of your dps, adding to the pressure.

If you add to that the fact that a trait makes every interrupt deal a pulmonary impact, it would easily get out of hand.

(Below is a visual representation of pulomary impact)

Attachments:

(edited by Tabootrinket.2631)

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Overworld.9613

Overworld.9613

Not crit-ing gives players suffering from it a chance to see what damage they are likely to suffer from when it resolves, it’s being treated as a condition – thus flat damage output.

I think it’s awesome though, makes the traping builds more viable

(also I say being treated as a condition, we don’t know what stat it pulls it’s numbers from yet, but I meant mechanically it looks like it works as a condition)

Secretly creative

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Since it cannot crit and is balanced around that fact, that means a build focused on its use would be less dependent on both precision and ferocity. This could, potentially, allow you to build power alongside defensive stats and still do reasonable damage.

You could potentially build a cc-oriented daredevil wearing soldiers gear, giving the build good survivability through CC, dodges, and tanky stats. All the while still (potentially) putting out decent damage thanks to pulmonary impact from the Palm Strike utility skill and the Impacting Disruption daredevil trait.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

If it can’t crit, it better go through armor like a condition does.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

well considering if the trait has a cd on it a crit would be really op lol you’d just have people spamming head shot= op broken

Pink Sylvari FTW!

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Plus, the base damage is already really good. Same reasons for Mug not being able to crit. Or Air sigil.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Jesse.4631

Plus, the base damage is already really good. Same reasons for Mug not being able to crit. Or Air sigil.

well i’m happy someone else understands this, seems to me that everyone just wants a major buff regardless of balance. It would just lead to QQ from other classes till we have a nerf across the board instead of the skill thats the problem

Pink Sylvari FTW!

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

well i’m happy someone else understands this, seems to me that everyone just wants a major buff regardless of balance. It would just lead to QQ from other classes till we have a nerf across the board instead of the skill thats the problem

Yeah, its even better this way imo, because it makes it viable for all builds, since they can make the base dmg higher as they don’t need to balance around Ferocity.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Jesse.4631

If i saw the base dmg right its about the equivalent of a backstab… that would be ridiculously op on a crit just for interrupting someone.

Pink Sylvari FTW!

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

did you see the stream? it deals a bit over 2k dmg… seriously? that’s is the MASSIVE amount of dmg stated in the tooltip?
something that is so hard to set up and proc deals such irrelevant dmg?

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

I’m not taking that trait, nor the using that staff. Which will leave me massively vulnerable

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

did you see the stream? it deals a bit over 2k dmg… seriously? that’s is the MASSIVE amount of dmg stated in the tooltip?

There’s a trait that makes it proc every interrupt.
It’s gonna be fearsome.

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

Jesse.4631

the utility is a block/knockback on a 10 second cd… thats pretty amzing imo the dmg is just a bonus, and for a trait to do 2k dmg with marauder amulet non crit thats amazing lol thief has plenty of interrupts available with pistol offhand hence why Perplexity runes were so broken for a while

Pink Sylvari FTW!

Pulmonary Impact

in Thief

BobbyT.7192

Well, did a lot more damage then I was expecting, still not a whole lot tbh
You’ll more likely want the 2 sec stun. Wonder if it will stack with the trait. If it can, maybe up it to do up to 2500, potentially 5k every 20ish sec in theory
If not then 3000-3500 would be alright
Edit: Actually the whole combo does quite a lots if you can hit with everything

(edited by BobbyT.7192)