[PvE] Condi setup: Trait lines Synergy?

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Shadow Arts
This trait line is always a choice because of the Venomous Aura / might on venoms. I fail to understand the utility of the first tier, I did not use stealths in a venom share build so far, so if you got any tips, let me know. Why and how would I use Shadow’s embrace efficiently?.

Deadly Arts
First tier: Hot brought Trapper’s respite but should we get that we lose Dagger Training (33% chance of poison on hit).
Second tier: not much to chose here, maybe Deadly trapper, but it’s questionable if one will use traps in PvE (and chose Trapper’s respite over Dagger Training. And with what heal skill?).
Third tier: Potent Poison?… maybe if we ignore Trap skills and go dagger training, but still the poison duration will be very short.

Third choice for the trait lines:
Daredevil for 1 more dodge and Lotus Training?… I am not sold on this, it seams a waste.

Trickery : Uncathcable (caltrops on dodge), Preparedness (3 more ini), Trickster (more tricks, removes 1 condi)? As far as I know Lead Attacks (+1% dmg / ini point) does not work with condi, and I will usually have no ini to spare. Tier 3 seams meh also.

Acrobatics
Why… what’s happened to this

Still trying to make this work… let me know what I am missing, or if I should just move on.
Cheers

in Thief

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Well, assuming Shadow Arts is mandatory is your first mistake. Venoms can be useful for sure, but they aren’t necessary by any means.

Fishsticks

in Thief

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

A lot of condi builds use d/d for death blossom. This setup also has cloak and dagger, which you can pop for some condi removal. You may not have noticed this while building, but thieves don’t have a lot of condition removal, so Shadow’s Embrace is quite important for the build.

For the Deadly Arts tier, Potent Poison is good for more than just Dagger Training. Thieves use poison in a lot of ways, from dagger auto to needle trap to serpent’s touch. The poison from these skills is still a viable contribution. As for Dagger Training vs. Trapper’s Respite, that is a complicated one.

The main advantage with Trapper’s Respite is the ability to pre-cast two needle traps onto an area. The important thing to know here is the recharge: 30 seconds without Deadly Trapper, 24 seconds with. If you are using Skelk Venom (32 second recharge with venom traits), you’ll want to stick with dagger training. If you are using something like Withdraw or Signet of Malice, then you can pop a needle trap every 24 seconds with time to spare. Last time I checked, Trapper’s Respite has higher damage potential than Dagger Training if you can use it every 24 seconds.

Dagger training is less cumbersome, though. Just equip it and forget. On my condi build, I generally end up running Needle Trap anyway, and with Deadly Trapper it is still a solid utility. The extra might + vuln really helps, as does the ability to immobilize. While most people like caltrops for its higher damage, I find the more burst-like nature of needle trap to be more effective, as enemies will frequently die before caltrops does its thing. Also, trickster has more severe competition. But, should you find yourself not wanting to run needle trap, Panic Strike is a good alternative, because the immobilize will hold enemies into the caltrops AoE.

The final line is always a toss-up. Generally, I run trickery, because it has the most to offer.

#1: Increased initiative. This is important for Death Blossom Spam.
#2: Steal Recharge Reduction. In this build, steal causes stealth (+ condi cleanse), poison, and either an interrupt or confusion directly, so it works out well.
#3: A choice of Thrill of the Crime or Uncatchable. Thrill adds swiftness and fury, uncatchable is self-explanatory
#4: A wicked good master tier. Bountiful Theft is really useful in dozens of situations. Trickster is good if you want to use caltrops and withdraw for more defensive uses, and more condi clearing. Pressure Striking is good for additional condi damage on interrupt. Generally I don’t run a lot of interrupts in the condi build, but preferences vary.
#4: Bewildering Ambush or Slight of Hand. Personally I go for Bewildering. Thieves don’t really build for confusion, but when used at the right time those 5 stacks can hit quite hard.

All in all… a whole lot there to use. Some people suggest critical strikes, since it has vulnerability and a very large bonus to direct damage. While direct damage is still important, I find that Trickery has more synergy overall. Acrobatics is the worst traitline in the game, so I’d advise staying away from it.

Daredevil… I have not tried. Daredevil was built from the ground up to be a power build, so if you go into daredevil you will end up taking the more defensive traits:

At adept, Weakening Strikes is good for defense. Brawlers Tenacity has some hidden bonuses, however. When combined with Channeled Vigor, you’ll have a surprisingly large amount of healing and endurance regen, making you surprisingly hard to catch.

The master tier is between Escapists Absolution and Impacting Disruption. As I said before, I generally don’t run interrupts on the condi build. However… Impacting Disruption is underrated. Pulmonary Impact does massive damage by itself, so if you are running Viper, Sinister, or Carrion you will be hitting for 2k direct damage per impact. Escapists Absolution is self-explanatory.

Lotus Training is good. Really good. While Uncatchable does 4 × 4 bleeds (16 total), Lotus Training Does 10 bleeds + 6 torment + cripple in a larger area, and also increases condi damage for 10 seconds after use. This makes it higher damaging and more reliable than Uncatchable, and with all the dodges you’ll be pouring out you can do this a lot.

Escapists absolution and Driven fortitude sync well with the class. Death Blossom spam will trigger both traits frequently, giving you plenty of healing and condi cleanse. Is it better than trickery? I’m not sure. They sync in different ways.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Thief

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

If you are running in HoT zone you might want to go daredevil + deadly art + acrobatic.
Because there weakness on poisoned enemy and weakness on critical trait. Let you so pull some mobs without taking any hard hit even if you run sinister gear.
Blind arnt that useful most of the time because of mobs built in defeint bar which nullify blind. And loads of AoE in events where every mobs can Spam it.

in Thief

rogerwilko.6895

and there’s move speed.
signet of shadows? runes? daredevil dodges?

in Thief

rogerwilko.6895

a small update from a random casual:
I finished the personal story with this setup:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVl0MhimYzTwzJw+EHtEiv8958hHLqDcYBA-TxwCgAAnAgb1fKXfAA-e

I had no issues, and it was a pretty smooth experience.
Since I have nothing to compare it to, I keep reading the forum and watching youtube movies.

I did however a small test in the mists at the invincible golem: my build kills it in ~30ish seconds.
Then I tested zerk staff power build: I can do it in under 20s.

In a party / group in pve I’m not sure that the venom share is… the wisest choice.
I will keep testing and experimenting a bit more.
Have fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

For movement speed I usually use a combination of Thrill of the Crime, then heartseeker while off swiftness.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Thief

rogerwilko.6895

Tested on the golems also:
a condi rev is a faster at killing the golem (20s).
It does this by maintaining 10 might stacks + fury on the party, and just auto-attack + mace skill #2 (so not using that Shiro stance, the fast hitting one).

With the venom share I can get close to 20s (bleed and poison duration sigils) but I’m not going in the jungle with 11k hp (rampager ><)

(edited by rogerwilko.6895)

in Thief

Posted by: blackdirk.1324

blackdirk.1324

Hi
I’m using a daredevil and venom share build myself.

Using full Viper armor and weapon and Sinister for trinkets.
Deadly Arts : Dagger training, Panic strike, Potent Venom
Shadow Arts : Last refuge, Leeching venoms, Venomous aura
Daredevil : Brawler’s tenacity, Escapist’s absolution, Lotus training

It’s a glass build.. but.. using Brawler’s tenacity + Channeled Vigor + Adventurer runes
Its a full endurance coming back every 16 sec !

So you can spam death blossom and lotus training around dodging and curing most of the damage…

When last refuge pop you know its time to heal your self.
I m using a staff for secondary weapons.. because its an easy way to remove an immobilize.. but i keep a short bow in inventory ^^

I noticed how important Control became in high end PvE… (guild hall event for example) breaking this kitten defiant bar is starting to be really important and thief has many tools to help. That’s why i picked a venom share build over another.

in Thief

rogerwilko.6895

@ blackdirk.1324 that’a a great combination, but a bit too glassy for me.
Also, did you try the Trailblazer armor stats? (expertise is a waste)

in Thief

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

Obviously we cant pick all the lines that would boost condi dmg in any/all ways because that would be imbalanced, just as any other class would be (I say this not knowing all the +condi setups on other classes however…).

That said, DD lotus training, coupled with d/d, energy sigils/adventurer runes, our new heal, SoA, you can literally spam condi’s while evading, which I think is pretty awesome, but it’s very repetitive.

IMO, pick a viper’s/sinister/etc.. condi gear setup you’re comfy with, and select trait lines that you find applicable to the content you’re currently doing. Be it: HoT PvE, dungeons (maybe you dont need boon steals?), meta events, etc.. . Maybe you need caltrops on dodge to kite mobs, or now you’re party could use venom share for torment stacking on a mob with kitten burn window before they’re on the move again… etc…

I’m sure something will come up. IMO just go with the notion there is no ONE setup for condi build. It seems to be the theme of the content.

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

in Thief

Posted by: GodSaw.2675

GodSaw.2675

Hi
I’m using a daredevil and venom share build myself.

Using full Viper armor and weapon and Sinister for trinkets.
Deadly Arts : Dagger training, Panic strike, Potent Venom
Shadow Arts : Last refuge, Leeching venoms, Venomous aura
Daredevil : Brawler’s tenacity, Escapist’s absolution, Lotus training

It’s a glass build.. but.. using Brawler’s tenacity + Channeled Vigor + Adventurer runes
Its a full endurance coming back every 16 sec !

So you can spam death blossom and lotus training around dodging and curing most of the damage…

When last refuge pop you know its time to heal your self.
I m using a staff for secondary weapons.. because its an easy way to remove an immobilize.. but i keep a short bow in inventory ^^

I noticed how important Control became in high end PvE… (guild hall event for example) breaking this kitten defiant bar is starting to be really important and thief has many tools to help. That’s why i picked a venom share build over another.

Hey,
How would you compare sinister to vipers dmg? I thought Viper could be an improvment ( especially because we dont have muc condi durration in our utilities) have you trested other runes too? Do you use that build in Fractlas/ plan to use it in raids? How do you think it compares to condi engi?

in Thief

Posted by: blackdirk.1324

blackdirk.1324

I did not looked at the Trailblazer armor because it’s more a Condi-Tank gear and PvE thief is not fit to be a condi tank.. but you can make a good power one.

To improve the survivability of my build i have just to switch some trinket for Dire + Rabid ones.
Expertise is not a waste its condition duration ! Viper and Sinister are both the best PvE stats for a condition build.

Hey,
How would you compare sinister to vipers dmg? I thought Viper could be an improvement ( especially because we dont have muc condi durration in our utilities) have you trested other runes too? Do you use that build in Fractlas/ plan to use it in raids? How do you think it compares to condi engi?

Viper is a slight improvement to Sinister. I ve just compared weapons however. I can share the stats if you want but as you said thieves dont have much condition duration in our builds so its even hard to have 100% poison duration unlike warriors with fire for example.
(atm a full viper armor + weapons gives 21,6% duration.. with a signet of malice (10%) , Potent poison (33%) and right consumables (30%) you’ve got 94,6% duration on poison and 61,6% on bleeding)

I’ve not tested other runes but if i wanted more condition damage i would have picked Krait runes. The idea behind the Adventurer runes is to have more synergy with the Daredevil specialization.

About fractal and raid.. the answer is Yes. Why ? Because its the purpose of a Venom Share build ! The more people you’ve got around you the more damage you’ll do. (5×6 poison stacks for 1681 poison damage each.. )

Moreover breaking a defiant bar with basilik venom dont need to coordinate .. just gather each-others and hit the skill .. you’re done.
If you were wondering why a thief could be picked into a raid the answer is here .. condition burst and easy way to break a defiant bar.

Finaly it’s my opinion and the way i think Anet is trying to go for the condi thief role in raids… but i may be wrong

Edit: oops forgot to answer about the condi engi.. but sorry i have no idea as i dont have an engineer character :s

(edited by blackdirk.1324)

in Thief

Posted by: GodSaw.2675

GodSaw.2675

I did not looked at the Trailblazer armor because it’s more a Condi-Tank gear and PvE thief is not fit to be a condi tank.. but you can make a good power one.

To improve the survivability of my build i have just to switch some trinket for Dire + Rabid ones.
Expertise is not a waste its condition duration ! Viper and Sinister are both the best PvE stats for a condition build.

Hey,
How would you compare sinister to vipers dmg? I thought Viper could be an improvement ( especially because we dont have muc condi durration in our utilities) have you trested other runes too? Do you use that build in Fractlas/ plan to use it in raids? How do you think it compares to condi engi?

Viper is a slight improvement to Sinister. I ve just compared weapons however. I can share the stats if you want but as you said thieves dont have much condition duration in our builds so its even hard to have 100% poison duration unlike warriors with fire for example.
(atm a full viper armor + weapons gives 21,6% duration.. with a signet of malice (10%) , Potent poison (33%) and right consumables (30%) you’ve got 94,6% duration on poison and 61,6% on bleeding)

I’ve not tested other runes but if i wanted more condition damage i would have picked Krait runes. The idea behind the Adventurer runes is to have more synergy with the Daredevil specialization.

About fractal and raid.. the answer is Yes. Why ? Because its the purpose of a Venom Share build ! The more people you’ve got around you the more damage you’ll do. (5×6 poison stacks for 1681 poison damage each.. )

Moreover breaking a defiant bar with basilik venom dont need to coordinate .. just gather each-others and hit the skill .. you’re done.
If you were wondering why a thief could be picked into a raid the answer is here .. condition burst and easy way to break a defiant bar.

Finaly it’s my opinion and the way i think Anet is trying to go for the condi thief role in raids… but i may be wrong

Edit: oops forgot to answer about the condi engi.. but sorry i have no idea as i dont have an engineer character :s

Thanks for the reply. I’m also a big Condi thief fan! I just love the idea of a venom share build / with high burst and also well defined weaknesses( low aoe dmg/ requieres positioning)
I think i will go for vipers now. ( Yeiiy a goal more)

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Acrobatics does in fact work quite well Pve with a Condition build.

Trait up Pain response with hard to catch and assassins reward in a D/D SOM build with some healing. The escapists absolution coupled with pain response will tend to keep you condition free. You will have Regen coming in from the Pain response at least half the time and this will add to the SOM incoming heals which are significant when using a combination of dodges with impaling or the attacks themselves.

You will have more endurance overall with the feline grace which will have a hundred percent uptime of vigor and for the GM trait any of the three traits in fact work with the build. Asssasins reward for more heals on the DB, Don’T stop to prevent Immobs and will lessen the effects of cripple/chill and even upper hand to gen INI. Added to this swiftness uptime is very good alloing for more on field mobility.

I have flipped back and forth between trickery and Acro in a d/d daredevil build and find Acro gives much better survival and with the added endurance allowing one to get off more impaling Lotus it does not scarifice damage.

The main advantage of d/d in a condition build for a thief is the base length of the bleed at 10 seconds. This means you do not have to limit yourself to a runeset or food that adds bleed durations. Coupled with 3 bleed stacks per death blossom and you can load on a lot of bleeds in short order even as you heal up with the SOM.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I honestly think it would be pretty awesome if condi thief could help keep thief as competitive in PvE, but I haven’t seen anyone do a serious theorycrafted comparison of a direct damage build vs a condi build for thief.

Also, there are a lot of potential variations for a condi build that make it a bit harder to identify in terms of a min/maxed DPS build as opposed to direct damage, which is pretty straight forward.

Here are a couple of the questions I see in identifying what condi build does the most DPS:
1) If the DA line is taken, do you get more dps from Trapper’s Respite + Deadly Trapper or is it better to go Dagger Training + Panic Strike?

2) Does Lotus Training make the DD line worthwhile? If so, the additional dodge could be great for sustaining survival while also dealing damage. However, the extra dodge doesn’t mean a whole lot if you don’t have traits like in the Acro line to grant vigor. Would this make Sig of Agi worth taking?

3) Which Weaponset is the highest DPS? Would you be better off with D/D for the poison on AA and bleeds on Death Blossom or would P/D be better? If P/D, should ini be spent on Shadow Strike for Torment or on CnD + Sneak Attack?

If anyone knows the answer to these questions, I’d be interested to hear, but I have yet to see any serious theorycrafting on the level of what DnT does with thief condi builds…

in Thief

rogerwilko.6895

Trait up Pain response with hard to catch and assassins reward in a D/D SOM build with some healing. The escapists absolution coupled with pain response will tend to keep you condition free. You will have Regen coming in from the Pain response at least half the time and this will add to the SOM incoming heals which are significant when using a combination of dodges with impaling or the attacks themselves.

You will have more endurance overall with the feline grace which will have a hundred percent uptime of vigor and for the GM trait any of the three traits in fact work with the build. Asssasins reward for more heals on the DB, Don’T stop to prevent Immobs and will lessen the effects of cripple/chill and even upper hand to gen INI. Added to this swiftness uptime is very good alloing for more on field mobility.

I have flipped back and forth between trickery and Acro in a d/d daredevil build and find Acro gives much better survival and with the added endurance allowing one to get off more impaling Lotus it does not scarifice damage.

The main advantage of d/d in a condition build for a thief is the base length of the bleed at 10 seconds. This means you do not have to limit yourself to a runeset or food that adds bleed durations. Coupled with 3 bleed stacks per death blossom and you can load on a lot of bleeds in short order even as you heal up with the SOM.

the thing is, IMO, it’s pointless to go Venom share (shadow arts) without Potent Poison (deadly arts). No place for Acro + DD.. What will you share? only CC?…

in Thief

Khazik.8052

We all know acro line synergizes well with DD line, but acro line can be made up with Adventurer runes and a sigil, aside hard to catch trait. For PvE condi (which I’m working towards a Viper’s build) I’m going DD/DA/xx with the last being either Trickery, Crit, or even acro, as the content dictates.

Heavy CC? Going Acro/Tricks
Boon Removal? Tricks
Break bar depletion: SA venomshare, you bet.
Heavy burst needed: Tricks/Crit
Sustain: Crit/Acro

In any case, DD/DA will not move, just swap a few traits around as needed. IMO this is the future of the Thief, so get on board, sink, or swim like the others.

in Thief

Posted by: Lamuness.3570

Lamuness.3570

I’m new to condi builds, what is a good average number your bleeds / poison should be ticking at in PvE / PvP? I’m not sure if my build is optimized enough because the numbers I see that are ticking seem low to me. This is because every time I play against a Necro or Engineer or whatever they seem to drop my HP down super low as well as put a ton of conditions on me at the same time that seem to tick for a TON.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

the thing is, IMO, it’s pointless to go Venom share (shadow arts) without Potent Poison (deadly arts). No place for Acro + DD.. What will you share? only CC?…

Yes but I was not talkking venomshare builds. I was talking trait line synnery in a condition build and SA is not required for a condition build.

That said In BETA one I tested a build with SA/DD/Acro as a condition build. This was before the change to potent poison so not much was lost from that line. This build was very effective having tremendous sustain while dishing out damage. With the change to Potent poison DA is much more useful and you can have great condition builds that do not use SA or stealth at all.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Khazik.8052

I’ve made a full Ascended Viper’s armor & weap set for condi Thief, so far I think condi is more of a niche application for certain encounters, because I see too much versatility for a Marauder’s direct damage build.

I’m at 1697 +condi with food & crystal, Bursting & Malice sigils, Poison at 180dps/stack, bleeds at 118dps/stack. With potent poison, I feel Thief should be focusing on poison duration vs. bleeds. We can more easily stack higher bleeds than poison, but I dont really have access to 6 Runes of Orr (I think this would be the best rune for condi Thief), so I’m going to try Afflicted runes after Krait runes.

I initially started with adventurer runes for the synergy of low cd heals & DD trait line, but now I’m re-thinking play style with a focus on dagger auto-attacks for poison and endurance to fuel more dodges for Lotus Training.

I think there’s some good potential for condi thief, and I also think it will be d/d-SB or p/d. I’m thinking for a mainly ranged fight, bound with p/p might be better as you’d have easier access to stealth for steak attack.

Anyone have any suggestions for Sigil/Rune combos, especially considering potent poison trait?

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I honestly think it would be pretty awesome if condi thief could help keep thief as competitive in PvE, but I haven’t seen anyone do a serious theorycrafted comparison of a direct damage build vs a condi build for thief.

Also, there are a lot of potential variations for a condi build that make it a bit harder to identify in terms of a min/maxed DPS build as opposed to direct damage, which is pretty straight forward.

Here are a couple of the questions I see in identifying what condi build does the most DPS:
1) If the DA line is taken, do you get more dps from Trapper’s Respite + Deadly Trapper or is it better to go Dagger Training + Panic Strike?

2) Does Lotus Training make the DD line worthwhile? If so, the additional dodge could be great for sustaining survival while also dealing damage. However, the extra dodge doesn’t mean a whole lot if you don’t have traits like in the Acro line to grant vigor. Would this make Sig of Agi worth taking?

3) Which Weaponset is the highest DPS? Would you be better off with D/D for the poison on AA and bleeds on Death Blossom or would P/D be better? If P/D, should ini be spent on Shadow Strike for Torment or on CnD + Sneak Attack?

If anyone knows the answer to these questions, I’d be interested to hear, but I have yet to see any serious theorycrafting on the level of what DnT does with thief condi builds…

• 1 – trapper’s, but only if you also take DA trap traits, otherwise take something else.
  • 2 – Don’t underestimate condi cleanse and heal on evade with a 1s ICD. Any condi based field effect is essentially something you completely ignore, and 400+ HP a second is a lot better for sustain than you’d think if you’re already playing thief properly and not getting hit that much. The combination of these two turn field effects that would normally be lethal in to effects you can just happily skip through. In addition, lotus procs signet of malice nine times and cripples in addition to its damaging conditions, significantly increasing sustain versus melee opponents. DD is a lot of little things that stack up extremely well in stead of lots of little things that are mostly ignorable and one big GM trait like many trait lines.
  • 3 – With lotus, D/D deathblossom. You’ll be in melee range and generally confining mobs to a small area so they take more damage from trickery caltrops. Built and played properly with DA/Trickery/Daredevil you are looking at 15+bleeds at all times, as well as a constant 1-4 stacks of poison from from traits and dagger auto, with the ability to spoke up to 30+ bleeds with caltrops on utility and blowing a full bar of init. Without Daredevil, I’m not sure, you might want to test the DPS on a golem.
Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Anyone have any suggestions for Sigil/Rune combos, especially considering potent poison trait?

I use a blight/purity combo on my deathblossom daredevil. Purity combined with cleanse on dodge means I passively remove most conditions before they become a problem, and generally don’t have to bring a cleanse unless I’m fighting something that bombs me with 5+ unique conditions constantly. I happily fight inside most condi-only aoe fields like they don’t even exist due to the evade cleanse and heal traits triggering every second from evading the field effect, and deathblossom+dodge giving a reliable evade at least once a second.

Blight on a condition build is a significant amount of sigil-based AoE damage plus weakness procs which help survivability. It helps poison uptime from dagger procs, which in turn helps weakness uptime. For single target fights, maybe have a swap to venom or malice if you feel you really need more dps, but I generally don’t notice the drop enough to bother swapping out.

On this build I run signet of malice due to its excellent synergy with lotus and using deathblossom in multitarget scenarios.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Thief

rogerwilko.6895

I consider my ‘testing’ finished, here are my… findings:
- condi options for thief are mediocre at best. There is possible synergy, but it’s too much of a trade for choosing what trait line and what traits at one time. IMO the devs did not put enough thought into ordering the traits / in what trait lines / etc, in order to create a good(fun & effective) enough end result.
- I have tested with and without condi share. Without burning and poison (if no venom share) we can inflict a decent number of bleeds. But: why and when would you spec into this for pve? when you are solo? When does that happen anyway? When you run fractals or events you should go condi share anyway for more damage via poison sharing and sweet CC. I have decided that for me, going to condi thief without venom share is not worth it.
- should you go venom share, for fractals / world events, the damage when sharing poisons is again Mediocre. Our venoms have too long cooldowns and IMO have been designed with PvP in mind. For Pve they are good if you have a mesmer near you for Alacrity.
- and again the hp issue… If I am going in the jungle / fractals with 11k HP I want to REALLY kick some kitten . Which IMO is not the case currently with the Thief / DD.

There is more to say, but it’s already a long post and I doubt many will bother reading it.
I finished the story and I did plenty of world events in the new zones with necro, thief, ranger and mesmer. For each I have tested the best I could different condi builds and setups (viper gear, ascended weapons and partially ascended armors).
In the end I decided to stay with Ranger because I think the condi traits / skills synergyze best. It’s damage is MILES ahead of what Thief can put out.