PvE with two daggers ?

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Posted by: wbfytw.4265

wbfytw.4265

Q:

I dont like the range thief not one bit
am still lvling and I roll x2 daggers x2 guns
can this wep set up be effective and if it can how ?

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

A:

Yeah, stealth – backstab. Kills them fast. Real fast.
Try all sets, /P can help when overwhelmed, Shortbow is nice for clearing up trash and moving fast, S/P for everything that likes to come in packs and isn’t immune to blind. D/P is kinda boring in pve, P/D is slow but nearly immortal.

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

D/D is pretty great since it kills single targets so fast in PvE.

Usually though you need something that target multiple enemies, so either use shortbow or Sword/Pistol as swap.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

The meta for PvE at the moment is sword/pistol for trash, d/d for boss fights.

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Posted by: wbfytw.4265

wbfytw.4265

I Know what is the meta for thief. Thing is I dont like it !
now for my build ill use D/DxBow
what kind of gear do i need and what traits ?

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

If you want to see almost every weapon set in high quality… albeit old… pve, just click on the link in my sig. It’s all about pve and I tried to use the most efficient weapon sets that logic would allow as I really didn’t theory craft a lot. If you don’t watch then oh well. Good luck in your future endeavors thieving!

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

I Know what is the meta for thief. Thing is I dont like it !
now for my build ill use D/DxBow
what kind of gear do i need and what traits ?

Well then you know that pve meta for thief is 5/6/x/x/x with full berserker gear and scholar runes. But since you don’t like “meta for thief” gl using that shortbow with d/d and keeping thief name on the lowest level together with bearbows.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Berserker probably, when needed for survival replace some with Soldiers, or Valkyre, or Knights (anything with Power and Vitality and/or Toughness). Traits, full Critical Strikes, with Side Strikes and Executioner. The rest is free, basically, a touch of Acrobatics is nice, for Feline Grace and many of it’s major adept traits are good, Trickery is fun for the steal buffs (though more useful in PvP), Shadow Arts for condi removal or cloaked (blind is strong in pve), Deadly Arts for Mug (combined with full trickery for an empowered steal). You can play around and change and experiment, most of it will work just fine with Power gear.

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Posted by: LuXx.9354

LuXx.9354

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQRAoY4Yl0MpxpFOx3JsPNRLhsdnQf87suXCA-TBBXgAA7PK/C1P0r+zjSQA-e

something like that, i think u can have one of the best dps/burst on this game.

For sigils, take what you want

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Although I D/D in WvW, I’d definitely use S/D for PvE.

Black Powder is pretty amazing in PvE because of how basic PvE mobs are. They’ll stay in your blind spam field and be unable to hit you. Also, sword hits multiple targets whereas dagger is only single target.

If you tell us your level I can throw a quick build together for you.
Play what you enjoy though.

(edited by Zach.3264)

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Xae Isareth.1364

^ Defiance just throws that out of the window though. Against any boss, your stealth on sword, and pistol 4/5 are basically useless. I don’t really see much sense in using sword number 2 either because it’ll screw up positioning. So all you’re left with is pistol whip and the AA really.

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

D/D with a hybrid build gives you a significantly strong Death Blossom for AoE needs, which also stacks well with Caltrops for major bleed damage in melee range. It’s probably slightly less optimal than just S/P tanking, but it’s still quite good. Don’t listen to the folks that act like you have to be min/maxed all the time. Hybrid D/D is a super versatile set.

PvE with two daggers ?

in Thief

Xae Isareth.1364

D/D with a hybrid build gives you a significantly strong Death Blossom for AoE needs, which also stacks well with Caltrops for major bleed damage in melee range. It’s probably slightly less optimal than just S/P tanking, but it’s still quite good. Don’t listen to the folks that act like you have to be min/maxed all the time. Hybrid D/D is a super versatile set.

The problem is, what are you getting out of hybrid D/D? 1/4 evade isn’t exactly stunning, whirl finishers are lacklustre, so if you’re not getting higher DPS than a sword power build, then what’s the point? You’re just gimping yourself.

You don’t have to be min-maxed. You can do whatever you want. You just have to know that you aren’t playing optimally, if that’s fine, then that’s great, you can use whatever you want.