[Q/A] Is Live action Cam worth on thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Q:

Hey guys !

I wanted to know if Live action cam is worth using. I’ m not used to it yet, and it feels really strange to me.

Do you have any tips, things that could help me be used to it faster ? ( other than practice )

Did it changed the way you play thief, like new possible moves, easier way to do things ? or is it just different ?

I’m also interested to know if top players use it or not.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

So wait my gameplay has been a recording this whole time? Jokes aside some say it makes the class feel faster and you may be able to react faster in some cases, however I do recall some pathing/ranged problem with ports like steal?

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

The steal pathing is bugged anyway no matter the cam mode.

I guess it’s easier to disengage but is that the only pro ?

Any thief gameplay is a record for me ^^

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Circle strafing and landing skills and utilities like Fist Flurry and for more natural movement in general is made easier with action cam mode but some things are hindered or at least I haven’t caught on to how I can target Vault at my feet.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I use it. It’s a lot of fun. I’m still a little clunky on it cause of 3 years with the regular camera, but it’s really enjoyable actually. The interaction with steal and SB 3 is a little weird, but not bad other than that. In the “Brawler style thief” thread both videos use the action cam.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Nero.6813

Nero.6813

The worst thing about the action cam is that you can’t do a short distance heartseeker. It’s nice for staff and everything else though.

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

The worst thing about the action cam is that you can’t do a short distance heartseeker. It’s nice for staff and everything else though.

That’s a bug and will probably be fixed (a dev pointed that out), so might as well get used to not using it.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer