Question Thief Condi Cleanse

in Thief

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

Hello folks

Did the thief have some good condi cleanse outside of stealth? There are some necro builds who melt me like hell and in smallsale with all these condi engis ect.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

No. Even with shadows embrace there are necro builds that burst you much more with condis then you can burst them with direct damage. Thief OP.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Scribbles.3974

Scribbles.3974

good condi clense, not really, condi clense outside stealth

SoA
shadow step
sword 2
some traits
and widthdrawl

Dark Lotusblossom – 80 Thief
Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

You may find you have to use Shadows embrace and hide in shadows against heavy condis especially in wvw with all those stacks and duration food, that is even with Lyssa runes which are still viable.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

hide in shadows with shadow’s embrace is your best shot. otherwise, no, not really.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Thief

Posted by: DasPatAttack.2516

DasPatAttack.2516

don’t forget one traits triggers heal as soon as you have 2 stacks of bleeding…. might help too.

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

sPvP
v

I always bring Shadow Step, with whatever build I use, it’s simply the most versatile utility. It grants mobility, 2 stunbreakers within the window and removes 3 conditions.

With S/x, #2 to deal with damaging conditions and withdraw against movement impairing.

With D/x, Hide in Shadows to deal with damaging which often comes from AoE and pets. And dodge, blind and daze to prevent the rest.

Annoying when Necromancers stack 1000 years of cripple though or when sword offhand warriors press their I win button called Impale which is a ranged attack that stacks up a loads of high duration torment which is likely to take away your whole health pool while your daggers almost feel blunt when you hit them, that is if you don’t run sword mainhand, nor have shadow embrace or shadow step available.

I wish Infiltrator’s Arrow would remove cripple and torment, to at least have something to counter condis on SB as well, could be a trait in acro. Or 1 condi transfer to a random target within the reticle making it a big trade-off to use infiltrator’s arrow.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

don’t forget one traits triggers heal as soon as you have 2 stacks of bleeding…. might help too.

that trait is on the stealth line. the same stealth line that offers free cleanses on stealth. that trait you mentioned is actually kinda crappy :P

as for the shadowstep post, i actually prefer roll for initiative over it because: 1- i don’t have to target, it saves me some time; 2- it evades as i get out of the way; 3- it cleanses all snares on top of breaking stuns the moment i use it (whereas shadowstep only cleanses on return), allowing me to use it to regain mobility (and a safe distance, since i’m on a ranged spec) the moment i’m hit with flurry or a strong immobilize.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell