Question about Nerfing/Likelihood for Thiefs

in Thief

Posted by: coden.9406

coden.9406

I just came back to GW2 after 3+ years and in the past always played an Engi – which I love. Anyway, I decided to check out Thief and have been loving it also. I keep reading about nerfs and a lot of complaining ect – about thiefs and against thiefs. Just curious about the likelihood of a major nerf or if there is anyway to find official discussion about that or real ideas from Devs.
I honestly feel like overall things feel pretty balanced. I have progressed a lot just by working with different metabattle builds, adjusting things watching videos, ect. I just don’t get all the hate in general. Against Stealth for instance, sure stealth gives an advantage in some instances but the major stealth like Shadow Refuge has a long cooldown and the real advantage of stealth is to get close enough to hit somebody. A Hunter for example, doesn’t have the same stealth but they can kitten kitten up from a distance with shorter cooldowns. Guardians are a kitten if you don’t have P/P or aren’t careful in general. I have a hard time with Guardians but less and less the more I play. Pretty much any class sometimes I can wreck people, sometimes people kitten me up and you just get better and adjust. Thiefs are great for +1, but honestly any class is a great +1. We have mobility, but you can also get insta-wrecked by a guardian trap in some situations.
I am loving the game right now and just curious about that – nerfs, anyway to see whats coming, ect.
Also with regard to the sPvP ranking/tiers… It feels pretty good too. I will do really well, move up in tiers, after playing with the same people game after game you start to see new people and can feel the difference in their play. Move back down a little, back up. I think it’s all pretty kitten good.

tldr: Is this constant nerf talk mostly bullkitten or what

(edited by coden.9406)

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I’m guessing you saw the Nerf Wish List?

Woops…

The thread, if you read the OP of it, is more of a satire or a “jester” thread.

People always have and always will complain about the thief, for just about any reason possible. Very few, provide good complaints. Most provide kitten cries which they see as valid complains…

Devs, from what I remember, seemed to have been making changes arbitrarily (across the board, if you read all the other profs, everyone kittenes) . Surprisingly, or maybe not, some of the nerf “wishes” have come true. But that’s kind of like having a big enough target and taking lots of shots, eventually you will hit the target…

Probability of a nerf? Who knows. I’m not sure if they decide via a coin flip or a 20-sided die.

Best to read the current situation of the thief, and choose to either accept it or not. Thinking about how things will be… is kind of waste of time.

I can assure you one thing though, some people will continue asking for nerfs…..

Edit:

That thread, is a collection of nerf wishes/requests, that has happened over a couple of years… So, don’t think it popped up just today. It’s an old thread, that I brought back like the diseases that those kitten cries gave some of us on the forums.

Edit 2:

The disease starts with a “C” and ends with “ANCER”.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

would not worry about nerfs anet running out things they could possibly nerf XD

in Thief

Posted by: coden.9406

coden.9406

Yeah, makes sense. I just don’t read the forums often, but when I do it’s a lot of talk about nerf this and that and this class is OP, ect.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

That’s normal.

People think that voicing their opinions on forums can change something.

I’m not saying they can’t change things, just requires all the stars to align….

(Like a dev reading the post, that dev not forgetting to bring it up at the next meeting, all the other devs spontaneously agreeing, everyone develops its, tests it, loves it, and ships it. – Oh, and the dev had to have been drinking a latte, when reading the post, that was stirred counter-clock wise.)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

But of course we are getting nerfed!
Did this prediction ever failed?

If we don’t get nerfed, we get a false buff. Like when choking gas started dealing damage.

in Thief

Posted by: TheDarkSoul.1938

TheDarkSoul.1938

Yeah, the thread you probably saw is a satire thread.

However, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we saw some nerfs in the next patch. Pretty much the way it goes now: random stuff gets nerfed, which ends up hitting everything BESIDES the intended target (see the Stealth Attack nerf, which was intended to nerf D/P but instead hit D/D even harder despite D/D being worse in basically every way already) and then Anet “buffs” (and by that I mean makes mostly redundant cd changes) to skills that are bad by design to tide us over until the next round of “balance”.

Looking forward to it.

Fissure Of Woe – [lpe]
I Silent – Thief
…. That’s about it.