Question about thieves in dungeons

in Thief

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

Well, I consider rolling a thief for alt, but I have quite the doubts.I rarely PvP, but when I do it it’s with my necro or warrior.Soo…how are thieves doing in dungeons?
Every time I ran with a thief in the party, I never really felt anything more than a person being carried.The thieves may have been bad, but not once have I seen a thief provide any party utility(apart from aoe stealth, but mobs’ aoe kind of negates that) and their pve damage seems rather lacking to me.
Are thieves really bad in PvE, or dungeons, or I’m completely mistaken?
Any info is appreciated!

in Thief

Posted by: castillle.5248

castillle.5248

Well…I can stack 25 bleeds on my own in dungeons while keeping the boss perma poisoned and snared/weakened if I wanted. o.o Thieves are also the single best blast finisher – spammer in the game.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

You’re completely mistaken. I can maintain blinds almost 24/7 on enemies, buff with steals, stealth allies (Shadow Refuge has saved the entire party from wiping more than once), dish out swift damage and remove troublesome enemy buffs in almost all kinds of situations (you know that golem with the turrets in CoE? Yeah, what boons?)

Thieves rock in PvE and in dungeons. The ones who suck are the glass cannons who think they’re the kitten and get downed all the time.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

Thanks for the nice replies! I guess I was just unlucky to meet a really capable thief in the runs I’ve been to..

in Thief

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

Blinding powder → profit

ROAM | Oink | TLP

in Thief

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

If the Thief in your party isn’t one of those “I need to do r0xx0r damage and don’t care about my survivability or group support” but integrates well into your team, most noticeable with Blinds and a very spam-able blast finisher you have one of the best group supporters in the game.

in Thief

Posted by: Supadrumma.6914

Supadrumma.6914

I can confirm this. I have a lvl 80 guard and have been doing dungeons pretty much non stop over the last week and a bit. It is immensly easier with a thief in the party, as a “tank” build i usually have the mobbs on me 24/7, and the consistant blind and bleed/poison makes my job so much easier.

Thieves and Engineers are the only non heavy class i bring into dungeons now, the rest need a bit more work, particularly the boss ai is coded for them to make a beeline for whoever has the lowest health pool first = ele, necro, ranger etc.

in Thief

Posted by: Rafe Mathews.2308

Rafe Mathews.2308

Would you mind spelling out your builds? I’m freshly starting a thief and want to do good for groups with a moderately unselfish playstyle. Been thinking of dagger/dagger or pistol/dagger in both cases a shortbow for secondary. I heavily enjoy the stealth builds with high crit, high survival, and great heals/stealth for party members.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Full Berserker set (I have CoE set to proc a golem spawn on hit for extra support) – S/D + SB
0/30/20/20/0
In 30 CS: I or III – X – XI
In 20 SA: V- VI
In 20 AC: II – IX
HiS
Blinding Powder
Shadow Refuge
Infiltrator’s Signet or Signet of Shadows
Thieves Guild
High damage output, good survivability in terms of stealth and safety precautions, good mobility, good team support by method of dancing around for aggro and blinds/aoe stealths/ressing

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief