Quick Question

Quick Question

in Thief

Posted by: MattressDrayke.9318

MattressDrayke.9318

Hi, I just have 2 questions.
1. How are thiefs in dungeons( other than running past trash mobs), and wvw(in zerg, not roaming)
2. Does a sylvari theif make sense( yes i know caithe is one) but any other reasons?

Quick Question

in Thief

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

not theif..

That said, they are fine in both areas. You have to spec them for what you want (ie in WvW zerg, you want to run short bow or p/p with ricochet trait to get the aoe and bags.

Race only really matters for looks. You are not using any racial abilities as a thief. Thief.. thief.. say it with me.. thief.

That one person.

Quick Question

in Thief

MattressDrayke.9318

When I talk about race, I mean lorewise

Quick Question

in Thief

MattressDrayke.9318

Also what about dungeons?

Quick Question

in Thief

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

Fools, Norn teef is best teef.

As for dungeons, they are fine. I think the highest dps for them( someone please correct me if i’m wrong) atm is d/d 6/6/0/0/2, but it has a highish skill cap. I personally like running s/p 2/6/0/0/6. Skill 5 help with trash slight of hand, thrill of the crime, and mug = multiple party wide buffs and a nice little heal when you need it.

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

Quick Question

in Thief

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

66002 is idd the current meta build
S/P for trash
D/D for bosses

Thief has highest single target dmg, brings great support for skips(stealth), trash(blinds) and can spam pistol 4 to remove defiance for Ele’s Ice Bow 5

So yeah, thief is great in Dungeons, but in pug’s you’ll probably rip out your hair when they screw up the defiance or YOLO w/o stealth.

Hello darkness, my old friend.