REAL Thief trait changes

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

Deadly Arts

• Grandmaster Trait “Panic Strike” now has a 30 second cooldown.

Critical Strikes

• Adept Trait “Furious Retaliation” has a reduced cooldown of 30 seconds.

Shadow Arts

• Adept Minor Trait “Last Refuge” has a reduce cooldown of 60 seconds.

Acrobatics

• Grandmaster Trait “Hard to Catch” has a reduced cooldown of 30 seconds.

Trickery

• Adept Trait “Merciful Ambush” now reads: Stealth yourself and your target for 2 seconds when reviving an ally.
  • “Sleight of Hand” Grandmaster Trait now reads: Stealing also dazes your targer for 1 second. Reduces steal recharge by 20%.

source: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/sky-pirates-tyria-traits-preview-part-two

I hope the steal recharge will be reduced to 35s. I am still hoping since this are only trait changes

(edited by crouze.3078)

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Sad face

Shadow Arts
Adept Minor Trait “Last Refuge” has a reduce cooldown of 60 seconds.

Cry face

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

And why are those patch notes more real than the leaked ones?

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

crouze.3078

they were able to get a preview. There are some videos about the new dungeon and other stuff as well.

the press was allowed to test the content early and release the information like 30 minutes ago
click here for more information: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/sky-pirates-tyria-content-coverage

Still need to know the skill changes as well as mechanic changes.

We willl see it tomorrow anyway

(edited by crouze.3078)

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

sorrow.2364

they were able to get a preview. There are some videos about the new dungeon and other stuff as well.

Still need to know the skill changes as well as mechanic changes.

We willl see it tomorrow anyway

So is that the full list of traits changed?
If yes, it is quite sad.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

crouze.3078

So is that the full list of traits changed?
If yes, it is quite sad.

Not 100% sure if guildwars2hub.com missed something.
But thats at least what was in the game for the preview.

And i dont think that there will be any big changes to the real update

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

All buffs, no nerfs in this preview. Let’s hope it continues.

I have faith in you ANET!

All is vain.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

well, i am happy the sword isn’t nerfed into oblivion…
btw, the merciful ambush SHOULD have a CD, just to avoid perma invisible trolls

i am happy, it could have been much worse…
the trait 2 ini on stealth could go into 1 ini on stealth,
or remove 1 condition after 2 seconds of stealth (not proc-ing instantly as now),
slower ini regeneration etc.

imo sword is/ss should have 9s return window, not 15 …15 makes you walk long distances…and be able to swap weapons. and maybe up to 3 ini the cost for the return.
that nerf would not hit so hard, imo

(edited by DanH.5879)

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

btw, the merciful ambush SHOULD have a CD, just to avoid perma invisible trolls

i am happy, it could have been much worse…
the trait 2 ini on stealth could go into 1, or remove 1 condition after 2 seconds of stealth (not proc-ing instantly), etc.

what do you mean? i didn’t see any skill changes in this preview? But yes, lotus poison was spared? ? !?! not sure since it’s just a preview

All is vain.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

So sleight of hand really is 20% cd reduction, sweet.
Sleight of hand can to an extent replace Shadow refuge on your bar. May consider
Merciful, Bountiful/thrill, Sleight of hand. Drop Refuge and take something more fun.

The great forum duppy.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

sorrow.2364

How do you know that?
Those are only trait changes.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Well if ANET is smart they wouldn’t nerf a weapon to “oblivion”

All is vain.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

sorrow.2364

For DanH an increased initiative cost of 1 point on LS is a “nerf to oblivion”.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

That nerf by itself is fine, I can almost agree with it. It’s the one taking out weakness from autoattack that I definately can’t agree with. It makes no sense at all.

Shadow return should remain a stun break imo as it is too critical to sword gameplay. It’s alreadyt been nerfed a couple of times indirectly anyways.

All is vain.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

I don’t know what Dan was talking about there (assuming he even said anything, I didn’t look) but sword already was nerfed into oblivion last patch when they ruined the shadowstep mechanic. Can’t shadowstep in, can’t return out, can’t steal to the target, can’t use the shadowstep utility skill, can’t sbow 5, etc. It was a disgustingly bad change and 1 ini extra on ls isn’t going to nerf sword. All that will do is calm down the perma evade builds so now the players should actually have to start timing their evades instead of just spamming it excessively.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

If heavy evade time actually mattered then those notes wouldn’t indicate an initiative drop on Death blossom. When everyone knows about its evade build.

The great forum duppy.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Let’s not forget the flat removal of weakness and shadow return stun breaker please.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Let’s not forget the flat removal of weakness and shadow return stun breaker please.

Those 2 nerfs would utterly break sword. Which isn’t a good idea, since it’s our only melee AoE weapon.

All is vain.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: Seth.4927

Seth.4927

I can’t wrap my head about the Last Refuge trait, lots of thieves are asking for a change for it, as it’s proc can mean 4s of revealed when the Thief is below 25% health, in other words, certain death. And then they think that it should proc more? I expected better from Anet.

Roker
Tarnished Coast

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

what do you mean? i didn’t see any skill changes in this preview? But yes, lotus poison was spared? ? !?! not sure since it’s just a preview

I really really hope Lotus Poison was spared. It’s the backbone of most Thief support builds and it would be a pity if they destroyed it when it was neither OP ot UP, just a very fine trait.

And yep, it sucks that now Last Refuge is even better at killing you. That trait should be replaced.

I’m thinking that the same way the 5 pts in Trickery gives 3 initiative on using steal, maybe we could get Infusion of Shadow, but returning 1 initiative instead of 2 as he 5 pts SA trait. This way it’s useful, doesn’t kill you and it helps them rebalance the initiative gain of SA users (as IoS is halved) but at the same time easy the access to the trait.

Hard to catch is another one that should’ve been replaced as the random teleport most times endangers you rather than saving you. Maybe it could be replaced with summoning a Thief ally and breaking the stun seeing how the other trait that summoned a Thief no longer does.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Most of those changes are boring and pretty much useless, aside from those in Trickery.
I don’t see so much new build potential with this, but we will see.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

problem with trickery is all the builds that use steal/stun are power/crit builds. nobody with condition dmg as a thief cares too awfully much about a 1 sec stun.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

problem with trickery is all the builds that use steal/stun are power/crit builds. nobody with condition dmg as a thief cares too awfully much about a 1 sec stun.

Well I have seen some few efficient direct dmg builds with 30 trickery, but you are right
malice isn’t well placed in that traitline, just look at some traits:

Lead Attacks Increases damage by 1% per initiative.
Flanking Strikes Increases damage by 5% when attacking a foe from behind or the side.
Ricochet Pistol shots have a 20% chance to bounce to an additional target.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Not many condition users go 30 in trickery, either. The more popular builds are a 0/0/30/20/20, or some variation.

Edit: I wasn’t sure if the leaked notes were real, but I figured if they were not, the actual notes would likely be lackluster, and not make much of a difference.

We still don’t know how Torment will be applied yet, either.

(edited by Fade.7658)

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Yeah, I kinda wish they would swap Condition Damage and Power between Trickery and Deadly Arts. Everything would feel a lot cleaner and easier to build around.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

crouze.3078

Not many condition users go 30 in trickery, either. The more popular builds are a 0/0/30/20/20, or some variation.

I liked 30 in Trickery for the 4 initiative on heal with withdraw

But now we have 2 good Grand Master Traits we have to choose from.

• ~7 sec cooldown reduction for steal + a daze that you can use to interrupt (better for PvP)
  • or 4 initiative on heal that you can use to do another Death Blossom every 15 seconds ( again PvP. No comments about players running condition builds in PvE)

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well this pretty much confims that the leaked notes are real

R.I.P. Sword users

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

R.I.P. Sword users

Except that there is no need to nerf sword users at all.

Look here for more information: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Are-S-D-thieves-OP/first#post2273566

Honestly , there is no point to be happy for a sword nerf if you’re a real thief. EVEN if sword gets nerfed, you know that D/P is next to get the nerf hammer right?

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Edit: I wasn’t sure if the leaked notes were real, but I figured if they were not, the actual notes would likely be lackluster, and not make much of a difference.

We still don’t know how Torment will be applied yet, either.

yeah exactly. thers no grandmaster trait in there that helps conditions. a stun grandmaster trait should be in power or crit line or something.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

I can’t wrap my head about the Last Refuge trait, lots of thieves are asking for a change for it, as it’s proc can mean 4s of revealed when the Thief is below 25% health, in other words, certain death. And then they think that it should proc more? I expected better from Anet.

By the next updated, they are going to improve it even better.
“when the Thief is below 25% health he is immune to Stealth.”

All is vain.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: Seth.4927

Seth.4927

Immune? Nerf it!1

Roker
Tarnished Coast

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

R.I.P. Sword users

Except that there is no need to nerf sword users at all.

Look here for more information: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Are-S-D-thieves-OP/first#post2273566

Honestly , there is no point to be happy for a sword nerf if you’re a real thief. EVEN if sword gets nerfed, you know that D/P is next to get the nerf hammer right?

I know that… you know that… but apparently Anet does not know this.

I think i’ll just switch to P/P, seems like it won’t be nerfed for at least another patch or two when they remove the thief class completely.

REAL Thief trait changes

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

They really just need to make that trait activating remove revealed and make you immune to revealed for 1 second. Then it would actually be useful and function as they intended, instead of basically turning any thief with 25% HP into a free kill.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.