Rabid or Carrion wvw p/d Condition build

in Thief

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

Q:

What would be more beneficial to a P/D wvw thief, I am leaning to carrion.

Also What Runes work well with this type of build?

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Dire sir, the “new” dire gear is for wvwvw trolls
T/V/Cond damage
celestial is viable also for more direct damage
for runes i’l say traveler , specialy if you trait might on dodge, vigor on heal, vigor on steal, thril of crime, 30 points in shadow arts, you will have high acces to boons

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: Scorpio Spork.9568

Scorpio Spork.9568

We don’t apply enough on-crit effects to really make use of Rabid. Even though I prefer toughness over vitality, I would go with Carrion. I do use Rabid trinkets though, since I’m cheap and swimming in karma.

Runes are up to you. I like Perplexity. Bleed duration is nice, too.

in Thief

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

So what I have done is Gone with Rabid Gear (4/6 pieces) Carrion trinkets with Runes of the Undead so I have around 2k Condition damage. What weapons have good synergy with this type of gear? I am loving P/D using Shortbow as alt Weapon

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

in Thief

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Carrion. Buffs your total health by like 60%. Necros use rabid because of their proc on crits and already large health pool.

Carrion is hands down better for thief imo.

But Dire is the best

Ranger//Necro

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

its depends on your game style

if you running with group/zerg then you’ll need more toughness and vitality=dire
if you roaming alone than you’ll need more power with the condition dmg= carrion
or rabid+carrion if you go for hybrid builds

with only dire full set you’ll do great condition dmg but will be hard to take down the warriors/rangers/eles/guardian with the -65% condition duration and signet warrior (or at least long fights) so you’ll need more power with the a risk of toughness so be good with landing the cnd

i think dire is best when supporting

GL

in Thief

Posted by: Scorpio Spork.9568

Scorpio Spork.9568

So what I have done is Gone with Rabid Gear (4/6 pieces) Carrion trinkets with Runes of the Undead so I have around 2k Condition damage. What weapons have good synergy with this type of gear? I am loving P/D using Shortbow as alt Weapon

You might consider D/D as a secondary set (Death Blossom for AoE bleeds). You don’t really need two ranged weapons. Telling by your gear you should feel pretty tanky (for a Thief), so you should be safe in melee range.