Rampager's

Rampager's

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Ok i feel this set of armor, Rampagers, has a place in game for thieves. can do dmg against bunkers and against balanced as well as kitten zerks. the problem is the defense.
I have been dying to make this work since day 1. i have tried so many things but to no avail?

anyone out there actually use rampagers and absolutely own withit? I only own with carrion, zerk, valk and dire but i dont use dire bc its too slow.

Rampager's

in Thief

Posted by: Jhughes.8341

Jhughes.8341

Run a P/D S/D build, swap out some pieces / trinkets for dire/rabid/settler whatever floats your boat for whatever stats you are looking for. The trade off from zerk/valk to ramp/x is crit damage for condi damage. With wvw buffs, food and stacks you should be able to get around 2100 power and 1800 condi damage, which is pretty potent with P/D.

Rampager's

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

I main a build with rampager trinkets and weapons right now. It’s a life steal build. I still have yet to release, and put it on forums though. I’ve been so lazy.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Rampager's

in Thief

Travlane.5948

I main a build with rampager trinkets and weapons right now. It’s a life steal build. I still have yet to release, and put it on forums though. I’ve been so lazy.

this is what ive been doing too…“TRYING” to do anyway.

i run vampire runes….the 10% mist thing is gr8 and helps me save when last refuge goes off and is like a free kill.

swap leech sigil runes..

i cant seem to work any points into power traitline

Rampager's

in Thief

Posted by: Mice.8921

Mice.8921

I can testify that this build works… I was dueling him in WvWvW last night… vicious thief build… (Zonyx)

Rampager's

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

this is what ive been doing too…“TRYING” to do anyway.

i run vampire runes….the 10% mist thing is gr8 and helps me save when last refuge goes off and is like a free kill.

swap leech sigil runes..

i cant seem to work any points into power traitline

I can let you know my build just need to whisper me when im logged on. It works well, Can hit and survive. Well if you play correctly.

I can testify that this build works… I was dueling him in WvWvW last night… vicious thief build… (Zonyx)

Yeah man, it was tough fighting you with DS.. Got me so mad lol…. But yes the build does work. Your warrior friend can also testify to my build :p

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Rampager's

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

I feel like this sort of build is going to benefit from the upcoming sigil changes. Our native on-crit stuff isn’t great, but the removal of the shared ICD has the potential to be a significant event for gear like this.

Rampager's

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Interesting. I myself was toying with the concept of using part rampagers in a might build using noble runes. You can get your crit chance to over 40 percent quite easily and while the damage will not as high as a crit build , with 16 stacks of might on in perpetuity with little effort needed , one can generate high condition damage as well as direct.

Life steal that procs on crit along with assassins reward and or leeching venom might be interesting.

As to the Runes of Vampirism . I am unclear as to how you use them. When it triggers the mist do you through up a Shadow refuge and stay inside? You would be immune for damage for the first part and then get the full benefit of the refuge not so or are all skills disabled?

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Rampager's

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I run rampagers on one of my builds and its works great! Is it better than other stat combos? not really but its does work with the right set up, I think i got some old video footage lying around I might upload it when I get a chance.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Rampager's

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Interesting. I myself was toying with the concept of using part rampagers in a might build using noble runes. You can get your crit chance to over 40 percent quite easily and while the damage will not as high as a crit build , with 16 stacks of might on in perpetuity with little effort needed , one can generate high condition damage as well as direct.

Life steal that procs on crit along with assassins reward and or leeching venom might be interesting.

As to the Runes of Vampirism . I am unclear as to how you use them. When it triggers the mist do you through up a Shadow refuge and stay inside? You would be immune for damage for the first part and then get the full benefit of the refuge not so or are all skills disabled?

all skills are disabled but still condis hit you and you can stay in stealth of SR…yup. its quite lovely.