Ranked so toxic towards thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Kuzuryu.7359

Kuzuryu.7359

There is so much bullying of thief on ranked right now across all tiers I am surprised people still play thief.

I hop on my warrior, I purposely do bad, no one bats an eye.

I hop on my thief, the moment I didn’t do some wannabe commander told me to do, I get bullied from start to finish. Calling me out ingame then PM after. None of them give me any pointer on how to improve, just trash talks until I have to block them.

Some time I feel the attacks are taking way to personal it may just cross the line of cyberbullying and verbal abuse.

Not sure if even reporting them does anything, heck they’ll report me for being bad under the guise of match manipulation

Thief is hard enough to play as it is, I’m a thief main since launch and it’s still the class I’m worst at, so now I totally feel that everything is stacked against me, the game mechanic itself and the people play this game.

in Thief

Posted by: skopek.1045

skopek.1045

I know how do you fell… I also main thief (daredevil) and something happened to me some time ago: I once did the daily monument capture and got ambushed by a group of three people so what would you do? Of course I ran away and they PMed me later to quit playing this game and telling me they will report me for being bad and a coward…Do not stop playing thief if you like him only because of people, this is your game and your fun! Although If you do not want to experience this you have several options:

1) You can quit this game (dont!!!!!!! it is aweosme :-))) ) and start playing something else, but people will always be people and this same thing will happen somewhere else or
2) Play (and this is what I recommend) with your friends or guildies only. I play only with my friends who I know from real life or with my fellow guildies and we always have a fun time ;-).
3) Play PvE only alone without anyone…

Hope you’ll feel better with your thief :-). Have fun!

in Thief

Posted by: BikeIsGone.8675

BikeIsGone.8675

I guess every thief knows that feel.
But tbh: most people are completely oblivious towards the thief’s role in PvP.

When talking about the meta D/P build, it simply isn’t worth taking (most) 1v1s, since it just takes so freaking long with all the amounts of invuln, blocks, sustain and point pressure most classes have. For reasons unknown however, people think that it’s a thief’s job to take those 1v1s and contest nodes no matter the cost.

During my placements I got asked – a lot! – if I would take close or rush far at the start of the game. Although (in 90% of cases) this is plain bad, people would still get mad at me, if i said that I would do neither. Just getting asked these questions indicate, that those people have no idea what they are talking about. And there is a special place for such people: My blocklist.

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I sometimes go on a reaper or something else silly and push far solo very rarly does anyone say anything and when they do its “hi reaper. Please stay at mid for support and team fights” no one rages or anything

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

During my placements I got asked – a lot! – if I would take close or rush far at the start of the game. Although (in 90% of cases) this is plain bad, people would still get mad at me, if i said that I would do neither. Just getting asked these questions indicate, that those people have no idea what they are talking about. And there is a special place for such people: My blocklist.

I am not sure if I understood you correctly. So where do you go or what do you do with your Thief at the start of the match?

~I Aear cân ven na mar

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It has been normal, OP, since devs decided thief should be huge liability and a decap pet heavily dependent on team doing well. The worst part is when this very team is doing everything possible to prevent you from doing your job (e.g. roaming support ele kek).

Making posts on forums about this is pointless (would add more here why but i can’t). You can attempt to open a ticket giving the information about people that griefed you in game but yeah… gl on that. Just block them and move on. The biggest issue i have with players that actually intentionally afk/throw matches because you didn’t switch from thief (happened few times to me in the past, latest yesterday…. -_-’).

I am not sure if I understood you correctly. So where do you go or what do you do with your Thief at the start of the match?

You go mid/watch home for invades. Jump w/e target is, hopefully down them or at least get them low and run for decaps. In current meta going far is suicidal and waste of time. Capping home is kind of OK but in higher rating enemies tend to invade home point and thief is worst dueler/point fighter in game so it is auto loss in many cases.

If you have rather bunkery composition (e.g. druids/eles, engis) and duoq with good player (preferably high dps as well, e.g. mes), you can try to invade far for quick kill and rotate back to mid. But this is in realm of what ifs and additional variables.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Alatar.7364

You go mid/watch home for invades. Jump w/e target is, hopefully down them or at least get them low and run for decaps. In current meta going far is suicidal and waste of time. Capping home is kind of OK but in higher rating enemies tend to invade home point and thief is worst dueler/point fighter in game so it is auto loss in many cases.

If you have rather bunkery composition (e.g. druids/eles, engis) and duoq with good player (preferably high dps as well, e.g. mes), you can try to invade far for quick kill and rotate back to mid. But this is in realm of what ifs and additional variables.

I see, thought as much. Though I almost always go close to let more Mid-like classes go Mid, but often 2 enemies come our Close as you said. Yet mostly people don’t really predict that so it is hard to decide whenever is it better to go Close or Mid and Watch for Close, one way or another, always Thiefs fault =D

~I Aear cân ven na mar

in Thief

Posted by: BikeIsGone.8675

BikeIsGone.8675

Cynz pretty much summed it up.
Since the only classes you actually can 1v1 are revenants and other thiefs, going far solo, tends to be an incredible waste of time, since you have so little point pressure, that you cant even force a decap when an enemy is standing on it. Because of this capping close is an equally bad idea, if you get pushed. If you are 100% certain that you wont get pushed, it actually isn’t that bad. But it’s a gamble, that’s usually not worth taking.

Usually I go to the mid fight, smoke-blast with my team and try to go for a quick kill. If it succeeds, I stick around to clean up the fight. If it doesn’t, far should be empty by that time, I stealth, disengage and go for a decap.
On a map like Forest you can also stealth up as the game starts and use the beach-side exit to scout for enemy pushes.

The main problem is, as it also was already mentioned, that your team has to be aware of your playstyle. If you have a thief on your team you almost always want to play all 3 nodes. This forces the enemy team to split up, which makes it a lot easier for the thief to have an impact on the game. Unfortunately, especially in lower-tier games, people tend to only play for 2 points, which often puts thief-players in a weird spot, where they can’t really accomplish much.

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

At least in lower tier you can always contest far two or three v one. Then your team has good odds on beating them on mid/home.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Cynz.9437

I see, thought as much. Though I almost always go close to let more Mid-like classes go Mid, but often 2 enemies come our Close as you said. Yet mostly people don’t really predict that so it is hard to decide whenever is it better to go Close or Mid and Watch for Close, one way or another, always Thiefs fault =D

At higher rating you know pretty much everyone and know what they do so it is easy to predict (e.g. misha/sind always push far as duo, zan always pushes far, so does vaans). At lower ratings people do not push far as often and even if they do they are usually pretty bad – if you are any good you can solo them as thief even (i actually managed win 1v2 vs 2 DHs in gold lel).

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I’ve gotten nothing but trash talking on my thief tonight. I’m not good, but I was decapping and rotating like I was supposed to. Yet the second they all wipe in mid they blame me. From then on it just escalated. And now every single match has been people complaining endlessly because I’m on a thief.

Honestly, I have a lot of respect for people that are good at thief, because it’s by far the hardest class to play. You either do everything perfectly or you get one shot. And there isn’t much you can do in this warrior/guard/necro focused season with absolute no balance.

And what exactly does all of the trash talking do anyway? Is it going to encourage you to try harder? It just makes me want to ruin the rest of the game out of spite.

It’s comical how rude people just because they have a computer screen as a cloak of anonymity.

in Thief

Alatar.7364

At higher rating you know pretty much everyone and know what they do so it is easy to predict (e.g. misha/sind always push far as duo, zan always pushes far, so does vaans). At lower ratings people do not push far as often and even if they do they are usually pretty bad – if you are any good you can solo them as thief even (i actually managed win 1v2 vs 2 DHs in gold lel).

I see, well I am Gold at the moment so such scenarios might occur, just whenever Thief tries to suggest not going Close, it will immediately get flammed =D

~I Aear cân ven na mar

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

I actually haven’t been hit with much flame myself but I’ve seen others get flamed in matches. I don’t know why people decide to blame thief but I just choose to ignore it. If they rage at me for playing it my response is “You got me nerfed here, enjoy the result”. Or you can just ignore them, practice, and make them eat their words when you play really well.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Thief

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I actually haven’t been hit with much flame myself but I’ve seen others get flamed in matches. I don’t know why people decide to blame thief but I just choose to ignore it. If they rage at me for playing it my response is “You got me nerfed here, enjoy the result”. Or you can just ignore them, practice, and make them eat their words when you play really well.

The problem many (including me) have with a lot of players who play thief are they just aren’t good at it. Ranked Season is not the place to practice your thief skills, and it becomes quite apparent in the middle of a match how bad they are.

Thief is truly a class that requires mastery of it to perform at a mediocre level. You have to be fundamentally sound just to stop yourself from accidently dying. No other class has that barrier of entry to play it in this game.

So when I queue and get a bad thief on my team in ranked season you’re kitten right I’ma harp on him/her. Go play unranked or hot join to learn how to play thief don’t waste the time of the other 4 players on your team if you suck. The worst is when you get 2-3 thieves and the ones that refuse to switch are the bad ones 90% of the time.

I’m sorry but that’s the way it is. Unless you are in top percentage of thief players I suggest you don’t even touch the class in ranked play.

in Thief

Alatar.7364

The problem many (including me) have with a lot of players who play thief are they just aren’t good at it. Ranked Season is not the place to practice your thief skills, and it becomes quite apparent in the middle of a match how bad they are.

Thief is truly a class that requires mastery of it to perform at a mediocre level. You have to be fundamentally sound just to stop yourself from accidently dying. No other class has that barrier of entry to play it in this game.

So when I queue and get a bad thief on my team in ranked season you’re kitten right I’ma harp on him/her. Go play unranked or hot join to learn how to play thief don’t waste the time of the other 4 players on your team if you suck. The worst is when you get 2-3 thieves and the ones that refuse to switch are the bad ones 90% of the time.

I’m sorry but that’s the way it is. Unless you are in top percentage of thief players I suggest you don’t even touch the class in ranked play.

You realize that Thief is super dependant on its Team performing well or atlest average performance, basically if Thief is doing bad or sometimes does nothing useful at all, it might as well be yours or your teams fault. I claim to be quite experienced with Thief, know exactly what and when to do, but when my team is dying in every 3vs3 , 2vs2 or even 3vs2, I can’t do absolutely anything, can’t even decap cause enemy kills my team too quickly, yet I am the one who is blamed in the end. Even when I outnumber fights and leave my team in 3vs2 low and 1 downed enemy, they still manage to die somehow and blame Thief for not helping =D

~I Aear cân ven na mar

in Thief

Cynz.9437

@Azukas.1426: take a guess how that top percentage of thieves became good? I remember first hundred or so matches i didn’t even know wth is going on and enemies were wiping the floor with me (given, i did it in Hjs at least).
There is also issue with hitting the wall. Once you become somehow decent it gets harder to improve, only way to do it is to face better enemies which you can only do in ranked matches.

As other mentioned, thief also heavily depends on his team. If your team is playing like crap or does everything possible to prevent you from doing your job (sup roaming support ele), then you won’t be able to do much.

My personal issue is how obsessed people are with meta builds. I run meta build but with bit of changes and those changes bother other players a lot. Yesterday for example i got flamed and told to uninstall because i use SR (happens a lot btw; i find SR more fitting my playstyle actually). The joke on him, i farmed the same player (he was on thief as well) pretty hard in another match and we easily won that match as well. People really don’t understand that builds from metabattle are a guideline, once you got comfortable with the class you can adjust it to your liking and playstyle and still be very effective.

All is Vain~

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Just about the only thing you can try to do with a bad team is push far and not take it but rather hope the enemy is stupid enough to chase you around the point with 2-3 players while your team figures out how to not die 4v2.

I agree with Cynz about the whole metabattle issue. People think that a build that doesn’t conform to the meta is somehow inferior, when it can accomplish some things that the meta isn’t capable of, and that is what makes it a good choice.

Running in solo queue I think the builds with the most flexibility as to roles are the most useful. You can get a lot of milage out of a support/dps/mobility character. Often I run into problems with teams that are nothing but support with no DPS or mobility. Then the other team with far greater flexibility just runs them over.

It might be dangerous to let a player self label their build…but I almost wish you could display a marker for the roles you can play on a particular class/build you are queuing with. At least if that was visible to teammates you could see that you have a problem or not with the composition of your team even if the class balance looks ok.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Had Mesmer last night try to claim I was a bad Thief when not decapping far when it had 1-2 people babysitting the point between a Guardian and a Mesmer, I would Decap when it was an empty point, while that said Mesmer was feeding those two far the whole match and not contributing anywhere else.

The majority of the player base will try to claim others at being at fault even when it is blatantly obvious they have no idea what they are doing. Most players in ranked don’t know what they are doing and follow the Meta like Lemmings and anything else is wrong.

in Thief

Azukas.1426

I know what constitutes a bad thief vs good one. I’m prolly the staunchest supporter of your class who doesn’t play the class. I’m also pretty much neutral in all matters except that I’m biased towards Balance & High Skill Floor/Ceilings in this game.

So when I say the majority of Thieves waste my time due to their ineptitude it’s a legit point. I say this about people who aren’t just stuck with bad teammates (I actually defend good thieves who get blamed in a game) but the actually players who truly have no business playing thief.

@Cynz you learn thief in unranked, dueling servers, and yes WvW. Not in ranked seasons. I never had an issue with bad thieves in unranked b/c that’s where they learn.

in Thief

Cynz.9437

I know what constitutes a bad thief vs good one. I’m prolly the staunchest supporter of your class who doesn’t play the class. I’m also pretty much neutral in all matters except that I’m biased towards Balance & High Skill Floor/Ceilings in this game.

So when I say the majority of Thieves waste my time due to their ineptitude it’s a legit point. I say this about people who aren’t just stuck with bad teammates (I actually defend good thieves who get blamed in a game) but the actually players who truly have no business playing thief.

@Cynz you learn thief in unranked, dueling servers, and yes WvW. Not in ranked seasons. I never had an issue with bad thieves in unranked b/c that’s where they learn.

You know definition of bad is relative? Everyone expects Sind clone but they themselves can’t even play at silver level.

All is Vain~

in Thief

Azukas.1426

You know definition of bad is relative? Everyone expects Sind clone but they themselves can’t even play at silver level.

No its not relative at all. There are certain tiers of player skill in this game. You can instantly identify a good thief or any player for that matter.

I don’t expect the Thief on my team to be,at a pro level. I just ask they are good.

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Fortunately I’m good (Or at least I don’t have reason to believe otherwise). Most of the time my lack of extreme performance is based on my team being unable to push forward any momentum that I gain either because they die too much or they make rotations that cut me off from being able to do my job (I.E rushing far the whole match and trying to +1 instead of holding). The flame that I get, ironically enough, is when I don’t 1v1 people or I move out of a fight I know we will lose in order to get a decap or a +1 elsewhere.

Yes I have rough matches, everybody does. But I am rarely if ever unable to contribute something beneficial to my team.

Edit: As for bad thieves, I can see and justify completely the act of directing a bad thief or telling them how to best benefit the team if they’re bad but just saying “you suck go kill yourself” is not helpful to anyone. You can tell them they’re bad but at least give them something to work on specifically so we can better the playerbase.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

(edited by Ario.8964)

in Thief

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Edit: As for bad thieves, I can see and justify completely the act of directing a bad thief or telling them how to best benefit the team if they’re bad but just saying “you suck go kill yourself” is not helpful to anyone. You can tell them they’re bad but at least give them something to work on specifically so we can better the playerbase.

^This,

If the player-base adopted this (ya know…the “don’t be a kittenwad” attitude), more people would stay/comeback to PvP. The Toxicity would be way less and the overall general skill would improve as would the health of PvP. I know losing frustrates some ppl but if you need to resort to acting like a salty crybaby and kitten and complain and have that snickers moment and whisper to the point that ppl can make you out to look like the tool you are with a simple screenshot of the chat, then maybe…just maybe… PvP isnt for you

Hell…even that kitteny pompous Helseth knew when to stop playing.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Thief

Azukas.1426

Fortunately I’m good (Or at least I don’t have reason to believe otherwise). Most of the time my lack of extreme performance is based on my team being unable to push forward any momentum that I gain either because they die too much or they make rotations that cut me off from being able to do my job (I.E rushing far the whole match and trying to +1 instead of holding). The flame that I get, ironically enough, is when I don’t 1v1 people or I move out of a fight I know we will lose in order to get a decap or a +1 elsewhere.

Yes I have rough matches, everybody does. But I am rarely if ever unable to contribute something beneficial to my team.

See you say you are good. I have to go on your word, but everyone also says they are good. In many cases is not true. I personally have been told i’m good watching my play on some pro league player’s stream and those were his comments not mine. Are you good? Idk i’ve never played/watched you play. Are you correct in the assessment that good thieves get kitten on verbally by bad teams when they all lose? Hell yes, and I’m the first one to tell the rest of the team to kitten or call say GG thief too bad your team wasn’t up to snuff, etc.

Now when I get a bad thief on my team I politely tell them to stop playing thief in ranked matches, and to practice in unranked, dueling servers, and wvw. The rage I get in return then evokes a more critical assessment of their lack of skills and that they should prolly delete that character all together. See the truth of the matter is there should never be a bad thief in a ranked season game. Everyone should be trying to win and working together. I’ve switched off main my mesmer to play my other classes based on the comp I queue into. I especially do this if I know the mesmer on my team is better than me.

I expect the same in return.

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

See you say you are good. I have to go on your word, but everyone also says they are good. In many cases is not true. I personally have been told i’m good watching my play on some pro league player’s stream and those were his comments not mine. Are you good? Idk i’ve never played/watched you play. Are you correct in the assessment that good thieves get kitten on verbally by bad teams when they all lose? Hell yes, and I’m the first one to tell the rest of the team to kitten or call say GG thief too bad your team wasn’t up to snuff, etc.

Now when I get a bad thief on my team I politely tell them to stop playing thief in ranked matches, and to practice in unranked, dueling servers, and wvw. The rage I get in return then evokes a more critical assessment of their lack of skills and that they should prolly delete that character all together. See the truth of the matter is there should never be a bad thief in a ranked season game. Everyone should be trying to win and working together. I’ve switched off main my mesmer to play my other classes based on the comp I queue into. I especially do this if I know the mesmer on my team is better than me.

If you are consistently getting queued with people you say are bad, maybe its time to realize you are not as skilled as you may think you are.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Azukas.1426

If you are consistently getting queued with people you say are bad, maybe its time to realize you are not as skilled as you may think you are.

Maybe you should reread my posts and not jump to conclusions. I never said I only get queue’d with bad players. I only stated my actions when I have bad thieves on my team. I also stated the majority of thieves aren’t good and they should practice the class in unranked, dueling servers, and WvW.

I thank you for your reply and hope you have a nice day.

in Thief

Posted by: Siphon.8405

Siphon.8405

I know how do you fell… I also main thief (daredevil) and something happened to me some time ago: I once did the daily monument capture and got ambushed by a group of three people so what would you do? Of course I ran away and they PMed me later to quit playing this game and telling me they will report me for being bad and a coward…Do not stop playing thief if you like him only because of people, this is your game and your fun! Although If you do not want to experience this you have several options:

1) You can quit this game (dont!!!!!!! it is aweosme :-))) ) and start playing something else, but people will always be people and this same thing will happen somewhere else or
2) Play (and this is what I recommend) with your friends or guildies only. I play only with my friends who I know from real life or with my fellow guildies and we always have a fun time ;-).
3) Play PvE only alone without anyone…

Hope you’ll feel better with your thief :-). Have fun!

This is the part I love most about thieves. It obviously bothered those players that you got away. This is when I take my super annoying D/D TB build and annoy the ever living kitten out of those 3 players until they either screw up and chase me and I pick one off at a time or they just leave even more mad they couldn’t kill me.’

The lamenting is music to my ears, cancer and all!

in Thief

Turk.5460

Maybe you should reread my posts and not jump to conclusions. I never said I only get queue’d with bad players. I only stated my actions when I have bad thieves on my team. I also stated the majority of thieves aren’t good and they should practice the class in unranked, dueling servers, and WvW.

It is perfectly acceptable for players to use ranked for practice. That is why there is a matchmaking rating. Once they fare better, they will move up, if not, they will stay near the bottom. As long as they are at least trying, they are welcome in ranked.

Thanks, hope you have a nice day, too!

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Azukas.1426

It is perfectly acceptable for players to use ranked for practice. That is why there is a matchmaking rating. Once they fare better, they will move up, if not, they will stay near the bottom. As long as they are at least trying, they are welcome in ranked.

Thanks, hope you have a nice day, too!

Actually it’s not acceptable. With how MM works you can be paired with plat and leg players while in silver league. So if you are silver league on your main class what do you think you are on a thief if you are practicing it? That’s not fair to the 4 other ppl on your team that you are making carry your dead weight.

Ranked season play is where you play to win. Playing a class that requires so much skill just to practice it in those games is NOT trying to win. It’s almost to the point that I’d support players unable to play the class without at least 2k hrs on thief

in Thief

Turk.5460

Actually it’s not acceptable. With how MM works you can be paired with plat and leg players while in silver league. So if you are silver league on your main class what do you think you are on a thief if you are practicing it? That’s not fair to the 4 other ppl on your team that you are making carry your dead weight.

Ranked season play is where you play to win. Playing a class that requires so much skill just to practice it in those games is NOT trying to win. It’s almost to the point that I’d support players unable to play the class without at least 2k hrs on thief

Actually, it is acceptable. If Anet didn’t think it was, there would be means to prevent that, such as needing a certain amount of unranked games played as that profession. But until something changes, you personally disagreeing, does not make it unacceptable. What is unacceptable is players like yourself who throw salt at the poor learning player, which discourages them, hurts your team more, and will lower the pool of players to make matches with.

-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Posted by: Lazy.2835

Lazy.2835

I hate getting told what to do. The moment someone mentions about why thief isn’t decapping far I just block them… Shows that they pay no attention to map. Hell, if they want to tell a thief what to do then why don’t they just play the class and do it themselves.

in Thief

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Lol at the person suggesting people stay out of ranked if they cant play thief. How clueless do you have to be? Do you really think that’s sound advice? There is no point in playing unranked when:

1. Rewards are much better in ranked
2. Ratings exsist

Troll level advice you give

in Thief

Posted by: Siphon.8405

Siphon.8405

Actually, it is acceptable. If Anet didn’t think it was, there would be means to prevent that, such as needing a certain amount of unranked games played as that profession. But until something changes, you personally disagreeing, does not make it unacceptable. What is unacceptable is players like yourself who throw salt at the poor learning player, which discourages them, hurts your team more, and will lower the pool of players to make matches with.

100% agreed

in Thief

Alatar.7364

Well to be completely honest Azukas is right at plenty of points of his argumentations, no doubt. Only it feels like, atleast judging by what I read, that almost everyone you meet is bad, that is highly unlikely, I met people who though the same as you do and they were all…well you know what they were. Not saying the same about you, no way, it just sounds the same.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

in Thief

Azukas.1426

Well to be completely honest Azukas is right at plenty of points of his argumentations, no doubt. Only it feels like, atleast judging by what I read, that almost everyone you meet is bad, that is highly unlikely, I met people who though the same as you do and they were all…well you know what they were. Not saying the same about you, no way, it just sounds the same.

No I’ve had the pleasure of playing with lots of great thieves. I’ve had the pleasure of playing with 2 great thieves on my team and we won the match with 2 thieves!

The problem is simple. To attain that level of skill at thief in today’s current game is much harder than ANY other class in the game. My point is simple:

If you rate all players 1-5 on every class in the game and then look at how much a 3 rated thief contributes to a match vs a 3 rated scrapper, DH, Warrior, necro, and ranger its not even close. I personally believe if you aren’t 4-5 on thief you shouldnt’ be on thief to begin with b/c you could help your team out exponentially more on a different class.

Whereas a thief player who is a 5 has the ability to contribute and carry the match at such extreme levels its not even funny. There is such a HUGE gap in match contribution on thief based on the person’s skill level. More so than any other class, but people need to understand that they need to work hard to get to the top. Ranked Season play is not where this work happens, and that is my point.

Flame me all you want, and criticize me…idc b/c I’m right and you know it.

in Thief

Azukas.1426

The system currently in place is very outdated to the competitive system in place.

The queue system is based off the old Solo & Team Q format neither which exist today.

Try again amigo

in Thief

Posted by: JusticeRetroHunter.7684

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

I’m sorry dude, but you are full of it.

I bet you any money, that you don’t even understand your own role as a warrior, or w.e it is that you play. I’d really like to hear it so that i can full on embarrass you right now.

Based on what Ario said, he sounds like a decent thief to me. He understands his role, which is to +1 against favorable fights and decap.

So now lets hear it, what’s your role Mr. warrior sir?

in Thief

Azukas.1426

I’m sorry dude, but you are full of it.

I bet you any money, that you don’t even understand your own role as a warrior, or w.e it is that you play. I’d really like to hear it so that i can full on embarrass you right now.

Based on what Ario said, he sounds like a decent thief to me. He understands his role, which is to +1 against favorable fights and decap.

So now lets hear it, what’s your role Mr. warrior sir?

So angry you don’t even read my posts. I’ve literally stated my class many times over.

in Thief

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

So angry you don’t even read my posts. I’ve literally stated my class many times over.

Nobody here is asking about what class you play… I’m asking you, what your role is as a warrior…because you seem to know so much about a thief’s role, when you probably don’t even know your own.

SO…come on, lets here what you think it is, so i can quickly get to the bottom of your misplaced “advise” towards the thieves here.

in Thief

Alatar.7364

I am sorry, did what I wrote sound like I am flamming you? Cause I am somehow pretty sure I did the exact opposite of flamming.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

in Thief

Azukas.1426

I am sorry I got nothing.

Translated your post for what it was

in Thief

Alatar.7364

So I created a post in which I wrote that I agree with your arguments about Thiefs in Ranked and that there is no doubt about it, and this is your response?
You have some serious issues with either logic or you are hypocratical as ****.
In both cases you just made yourself look like a morron, not sure if anyone could take you seriously now.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

@ OP:

Because bad thieves are relatively easy to spot, there’s this stereotype formed that thieves either make or break your team, which is true to an extent, but it’s honestly true for any class. It’s just because there is a broad skill gap between bad and good thieves, so people tend to exaggerate and just say that a thief is bad as an excuse for their team losing, even when they’re not necessarily the problem. It’s just easier to blame a thief because of this stereotype.

in Thief

Azukas.1426

So I created a post in which I wrote that I agree with your arguments about Thiefs in Ranked and that there is no doubt about it, and this is your response?
You have some serious issues with either logic or you are hypocratical as ****.
In both cases you just made yourself look like a morron, not sure if anyone could take you seriously now.

Ah I misread your post I thought you were implying I was saying everyone is bad.

Quote the target so I don’t make that mistake again lol

in Thief

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

So since Azukas failed to actually respond to my counter-point, for those that are interested…

A warriors role, as well as other fighter classes, like DH, Necro, Mesmer…

1) Defend nodes

and more importantly :

2) Taking on favorable fights to make them even…That means turning 1v2’s into 2v2s… 3v2’s into 3v3’s… 0v1’s into 1v1’s etc…

Most people don’t understand this at all.

And by favorable, i’m talking about favorable matchups…for instance, an Ele/Necro vs Engi/Revenent is a bad 2v2 matchup for the Engi/Rev.
The reason you want to make fights even, is so that your +1 can actually +1 and not be forced into a 1v2, or 3v2 etc.

i assure you that 90% of pvp players that play fighter classes don’t get this concept…it’s a shame because i see it all the time… Warriors and DH’s trying to +1, when they don’t bring enough damage and it’s the key reason why most thieves actually struggle to win matches…

Because of the contributions from Sindrener, i’m positive that at least half the thieves i meet know how to thief, and stay true to their role…unfortunately, the same source of learning doesn’t exist for other classes.

Case in point, Azukas, learn and understand your role as a fighter before talking kitten. thanks.

(edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684)

in Thief

Azukas.1426

So since Azukas failed to actually respond to my counter-point, for those that are interested…

A warriors role, as well as other fighter classes, like DH, Necro, Mesmer…

1) Defend nodes

and more importantly :

2) Taking on favorable fights to make them even…That means turning 1v2’s into 2v2s… 3v2’s into 3v3’s… 0v1’s into 1v1’s etc…

Most people don’t understand this at all.

And by favorable, i’m talking about favorable matchups…for instance, an Ele/Necro vs Engi/Revenent is a bad 2v2 matchup for the Engi/Rev.
The reason you want to make fights even, is so that your +1 can actually +1 and not be forced into a 1v2, or 3v2 etc.

i assure you that 90% of pvp players that play fighter classes don’t get this concept…it’s a shame because i see it all the time… Warriors and DH’s trying to +1, when they don’t bring enough damage and it’s the key reason why most thieves actually struggle to win matches…

Because of the contributions from Sindrener, i’m positive that at least half the thieves i meet know how to thief, and stay true to their role…unfortunately, the same source of learning doesn’t exist for other classes.

Case in point, Azukas, learn and understand your role as a fighter before talking kitten. thanks.

So your saying GS/Mace warriors don’t have enough damage to +1 a fight?

in Thief

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

Technically, no. If you are +1ing(outnumbering) as a warrior, you are not playing to your classes strengths, and thus you are no better than a condi-venom thief…because sure they do a lot of damage… but they aren’t mobile, or spike-y or sneaky…which is what they are built to do.

Let me elaborate a little more…let’s say you do go and +1 as a warrior… So here is a scenario :

You are +1ing a 1v1 at home, to make it into a 2v1.

That means that you have 3 other players on the map, and 4 enemy players…Which means somewhere, your thief is having to 2v2, 1v1 or 3v3…unless the enemy team is superbad (which means someone bunker is holding a 2v1…meaning they are carrying the match for you.)

You see what i’m saying here? You being a +1 kittens up thieves in their roles, and pretty much any other roles that depend on teammates being in the correct places…Especially elementalists, that depend on supporting the team. Again another example, is that if you are +1ing home, and there are unfavorable match ups around the map, you might be forcing your ele to come support you at home, turning it into a 3v1…which is always a no-no on the ele…but you can see how it’s not really an ele’s fault for not wanting to die in an unfavorable.

(edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684)

in Thief

Azukas.1426

Technically, no.

You see what i’m saying here?

No. No one see’s what you’re saying.

in Thief

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

Technically, no.

Abstraction is hard for you ain’ it? That’s a shame.

in Thief

Azukas.1426

Technically, no.

Abstraction is hard for you ain’ it? That’s a shame.

No you going off on a tangent about a warriors job is not abstraction. It’s a waste of my time.

Your entire focus is a warrior’s job which changes based on team comp. This is what you used to prove your base point of “People don’t let thieves do their jobs b/c they rotate/make bad decisions”

Problem is there are people (like me) who let the thief do their job. I don’t play the part of a roamer +1’r if I have a thief on my team. The issue arises when you let the thief do that job and they FAIL miserably at it.

What class/scenario/explanation are you going to throw out now to divert blame for that one?