Rate my D/P build

Rate my D/P build

in Thief

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Hi guys. I’m a solo roamer and dusting off my thief, just threw this together, any thoughts are welcome, thanks.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQRAoa8alUmaP3cS6E/5Ey2jKcnIKuHJlT1UdFwKA-jkCBYfBC/L00ywkFBiKAM1sIasVNFRjVbDTFjIq2erIa1SBExyI-w

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Rate my D/P build

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

its more lucky build
if you manage to do fast burst you can kill zerker enemy fast
but you got low ini regen as all d/p build so even with higher armor is could be much hard these days
so all depend on your game skills

i would take maybe trait which give me 2 ini when stealth

Rate my D/P build

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Mostly a decent build. Not a huge fan of the secondary S/P, but that’s just a personal recommendation. It’s still playable.

I would definitely consider taking out Signet of Shadows though (if you really need that extra movement speed, you can just swap to the signet when you’re OOC), and you should definitely swap out Cavalier’s and Valk’s. Because of the amount of critical damage you’re taking, unless you’re planning on almost solely using BS, precision will be an extremely useful stat for you to have. As such, replacing your Cavalier’s gear with Zerker gear will result in an 18.3% decrease in damage reduction, but will grant you a 28.7% increase in damage dealt (which is actually a lot more than it looks like, given that you were already dealing 331% base damage w/ Cavalier’s). After that, replacing your Valk weapons with Sentinel or Soldier’s should also be good for you, although probably not as effective as replacing the Cavalier’s gear.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Rate my D/P build

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

You have some really poor synergy here.

You take both Fleet Shadows and Singet of Shadows despite them canceling each other out while in stealth?

Same applies to Side Strike and Hidden Killer. You’d be better off with Fury when low on health.

Then you picked Cloaked in Shadows which makes absolutely no sense for a D/P build as the blind is completely redundant.

Otherwise it’s your pretty standard run-of-the mill D/P build.

PS: Again, Divinity Runes aren’t great for Thieves. Regular Orbs will give you more bang for much, much less bucks.

Rate my D/P build

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Then you picked Cloaked in Shadows which makes absolutely no sense for a D/P build as the blind is completely redundant.

Cloaked in Shadows is awesome for D/P, because it triggers after you close gap with HS. That means, if your enemy walks away from black powder, because they are smart, you can still jump to them and blind.

Signed, level 1 alt

Rate my D/P build

in Thief

Posted by: Alrik Vas.3507

Alrik Vas.3507

Also, fleet shadow cancels the signet, but the signet doesn’t cancel the trait. You always take the higher of the two buffs. I have traveller runes and i still gain a speed buff while in stealth when i run that trait.

Rate my D/P build

in Thief

Posted by: Ryyman.2196

Ryyman.2196

Cloaked in Shadow isn’t needed so much for D/P, as the weapon set itself already has a load of blinds. It would be more beneficial taking Infusion of Shadow for the extra initiative while stealthing.

Unless you plan on backstabbing all day, your damage out of stealth will leave much to be desired. I feel I have more survivability by simply finishing my fights faster. I just feel all of that armor is wasted on a Thief. Arganthium pretty much covered that. I would recommend a mix of Berserker/Soldier armor and Berserker trinkets, as I believe someone here has already done the math to prove this setup is the most optimal. Feel free to mess around though until you get stats that you’re comfortable with.

Good luck out there. It’s a dark world for Thieves these days, but the true Thieves will prosper.

(edited by Ryyman.2196)