Re roll to a thief?

Re roll to a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Reclaimermaster.4107

Reclaimermaster.4107

Q:

Lately I’ve been playing many of the professions to find one to Re-roll as. I liked the elementalist but the switching between attunements all the time wasn’t my cup of tea. I have narrowed it down to Thief or Ranger (my current main). I really like the thief play style and not having the pet is somewhat of a relief, however I have played the ranger for so long I know the class well and I already spent about 70 laurels for trinkets (kind of wish I had saved those). I have made many other posts in other profession forums in the past on trying to re roll to that class but in the end I always go back to the ranger. The Thief is the only class that I feel like I would be able to re roll as. I have some concerns though, I am worried about how viable the Thief is in Pve (dungeons and fractals mainly). I have never felt like I’m causing my team more harm than good as a Ranger but I’m not sure if I will burden my team if I play as a Thief. I would appreciate feedback on what the current state of thieves in Pve is.

(Main) Ranger: Natura Lupus 80 (1300 Hrs)
Hours Played: 3000

(edited by Reclaimermaster.4107)

Re roll to a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

A:

Well… Hmm… Rangers are far from useless in dungeons, spirit rangers are among the most desired classes. Obviously only warrior, guardian, and to a somewhat lesser degree Mesmer really shine (in the eyes of the masses) in pve.

WvW thf is one of the best 1v1/1vX classes for roaming. sPvP thf has a number of roles they do well but mainly we are harassers. In pve I would rank thf just under ranger but only because most people suck and it’s quite difficult to play thf in pve. If your a master then you can build full zerker and never take damage due to dodging like a mofo. If your even just “good” you will be a stain on the floor or you will have to build tank and do no damage (not a good thing with thf cuz that’s all you bring to the table)

My advice, if you love pvp/wvw and you love to roam or play in small groups then thf is the class for you. If your main focus is pve (dungeons) then stick with ranger. I suppose you have both so w/e just don’t expect to be more helpful as a thf in dungeons.

Re roll to a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

warning: if you dont want to be the best player you can be and/or are fine with mediocre damage and dungeon speeds then ignore this and go bearbow your heart out

i cant speak for wvw or spvp but in pve rangers fairly weak, all they bring is mediocre damage tied with a war for 4th highest (or close to it), frost spirit which is a base 6-7% increase but you could easily be replaced by another ele to increase damage further, and spotter is useless you should already be at 100% crit chance

as for thief just as a big warning, expect to get slaughtered in dungeons until you know the tactics and when to dodge, you could spam pistolwhip with signet of malice and that would make it easier, thief brings 2 things to a party 1. aoe 30 seconds of stealth (this has an insane amount of uses), 2. we have the 2nd highest damage in the game but we sacrifice nearly every defensive stat/trait to get there, which isnt much of a problem in an organized group in pugs your probably better off spamming pistolwhip

edit: sorry for lack of punctuation/sentences but this was typed on my phone

Re roll to a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

LOL warrior as 4th highest and thf as 2nd highest… That was cute. Warrior is in fact indisputably #1 dps in all circumstances and they can pull it off with 3 different specs.

Re roll to a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

LOL warrior as 4th highest and thf as 2nd highest… That was cute. Warrior is in fact indisputably #1 dps in all circumstances and they can pull it off with 3 different specs.

please refer to this video to see why your a moron if you think warrior is highest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dTmq9GPN3M, please note the 25k HS, 60k CnD+BS, also do you even play pve? even with our insane damage ele still blows us out of the water with fgs

Re roll to a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Sorry dude, but you are wrong, best dps is fgs ele>thief>guardian>warrior.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Re roll to a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

please refer to this video to see why your a moron if you think warrior is highest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dTmq9GPN3M, please note the 25k HS, 60k CnD+BS, also do you even play pve? even with our insane damage ele still blows us out of the water with fgs

warrior then ele/thief.

im of course going by WVW/SPVP/TPVP

Re roll to a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Thief is about to become useless in almost aspects of the game except for maybe pve.

Reroll a warrior.

Just another noob thief…

Re roll to a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Rahar.9872

Rahar.9872

Lately I’ve been playing many of the professions to find one to Re-roll as. I liked the elementalist but the switching between attunements all the time wasn’t my cup of tea. I have narrowed it down to Thief or Ranger (my current main). I really like the thief play style and not having the pet is somewhat of a relief, however I have played the ranger for so long I know the class well and I already spent about 70 laurels for trinkets (kind of wish I had saved those). I have made many other posts in other profession forums in the past on trying to re roll to that class but in the end I always go back to the ranger. The Thief is the only class that I feel like I would be able to re roll as. I have some concerns though, I am worried about how viable the Thief is in Pve (dungeons and fractals mainly). I have never felt like I’m causing my team more harm than good as a Ranger but I’m not sure if I will burden my team if I play as a Thief. I would appreciate feedback on what the current state of thieves in Pve is.

All I had to do is read the first sentence. Re-roll to Warrior. They’ve currently got CC, damage, mobility, and massive amounts of sustain in one build.

If that’s not an option to you, then expect to be sub-optimal.