Ready Up Inbound: Death of the class?

in Thief

Posted by: yodog.4208

yodog.4208

We have a ready up livestream coming our way, the real question is, are they going to fix us, break us, or tweak us. Hoping for fix lol

I’m bad and thats good
Yaks Bend
LocknDog- level 80 thief

in Thief

Posted by: Meridian.8730

Meridian.8730

They will remove all evade buffs and vigor, and remove all initiative regen buffs.

Then they will reduce shortbow range to 600 for all attacks, make sb 3 a 1/4 second dodge instead of 1/2 second, reduce sb2 damage by 25%, sword damage by 15% and dagger damage by 35%, make backstab reveal for 6 seconds, make LS remove boons instead of stealing them and charge 1 more initiative, make infiltrator 1/2 second cast time in and out each and not remove a condition on return.

They will increase the CD on shadowstep to 60 seconds, increase the base damage you take when stealthed by 35%, and reduce the condition removal of stealth to 1 every 5 seconds. Then they will remove shadow rejuvenation entirely and update Resilience of Shadows to decrease the damage you take while stealthed to the normal base damage (as if unstealthed).

Then they will increase our base defense by 5, increase pistol damage by 5%, and call the patch a “significant thief buff.”

Then a bunch of warriors will come on the thief forums and say “nerf thief it too OP.”

(edited by Meridian.8730)

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Due to the imbalanced and dangerous state thief is in, one major change can flip everything on its side. Hell, just changing something like Black Powder’s field from smoke to dark can shift all balance of power in the profession, moreso than in others. We will either see them take a chance and change something for what they hope is the better, or they’ll do slight tweaks to existing skills without any major changes to our class meta. I’m nervous about the first one, but I’d rather have that then dancing around the issue.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Thief

Posted by: Meridian.8730

Meridian.8730

Oh right, and they’ll reduce black powder duration to 1 second.

in Thief

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

Nerfs to the thief will really kitten me off. The class is perfectly fine. What broke the class were these ridiculous sigils that let us have defense AND a lot of damage along with equally ridiculous might-stacking potential with certain rune sets.

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I dont think Thief is in a bad spot, just some minor tweaks would be nice.

Buffs:
Traps should be buffed, behave more like Ranger traps and perhaps traitable to transfer conditions.
Death Blossom needs a minor rework.
Venom based builds could use a slight buff (personally I think Venomous Aura trait should give venom activation 900 range ground targeting, letting you shadowstep to where you want to share).
Traits should be added/tweaked to increase the power viability and utility of Pistol/Pistol set.

Nerfs:
Slightly less access to blind (maybe remove the projectile on Black Powder, or make it cause vulnerability, possibly give Cloaked in Shadow a CD)
Shave down Feline Grace trait and vigor access slightly.
Equalize CnD damage between sPvP and PvE (buff it in sPvP slightly and nerf it slightly in PVE)
Consider changing Infiltrator’s Strike to a cripple instead of immobilize.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

What I expect: nothing or less.
What’s going to happen: unintended nerf.

in Thief

Posted by: Platanos.8107

Platanos.8107

All weaponsets will be nerfed so more people will use p/p.

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Tbh, after the Dec 10th CDI debacle I’m positive that no matter how concerned we get about the changes they will do their own thing regardless, so there’s no point stressing about it until we know what they’re planning.

And even then, it’s gonna happen whether we like it or not shrugs

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

sniff sniff… can you smell that?

it’s the smell of the nerf bat in our faces! oh look!!! they’re prolly buffing warriors at the same time

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

it’s the smell of the nerf bat in our faces! oh look!!! they’re prolly buffing warriors at the same time

Cuz apparently warriors need more DPS and mobility. Oh and 80% of their traits and skills are not viable. Hundred blades needs to have the root removed.

in Thief

Posted by: SlitheSlivier.1908

SlitheSlivier.1908

When is this happening? Both them telling us what is going to change and actually making changes

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

it’s the smell of the nerf bat in our faces!

kitten smells like ….
How did they get it out of there, last time they got it up there good….

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Emi.4152

Emi.4152

Warrior changes:
1. Warrior’s get a reveal skill, 6 second reveal on any autoattack…. :>

Thief buffs:
1. All shadowstep skills removed due to the possibility of motion sickness (huge buff)
2. Daggers replaced with bananas
3. All stealth skills no longer grant stealth. Instead, when your character uses a skill that used to grant stealth, he/she will say “i can’t even…” instead. (Used to confuse your enemies) Huge buff as reveal can no longer be considered to be a debuff!

Yak’s Bend – Hello Kitty and Friends (aFK)
Lv 80 Thief – Emi Smacks / Lv 80 Ele – Emi Casts / Lv 80 Necro – Emi Nox

in Thief

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

Remove Last Refuge minor trait. Change so that each time you apply a venom you remove one condition.

Buff traps – when Needletrap and Tripwire is cast, the thief throws down quarter-sized versions of the same trap (think teemo shrooms). Decrease cooldowns to 10-15secs. Decrease cc durations.

Slightly increase P/P unload animation speed while keeping damage.

Buff Invigorating Precision and Assassin’s Equilibrium.

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

I really hope pp gets a slight buff

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Thief

Posted by: Prince.7198

Prince.7198

I don’t want any buffs. If they would just fix our broken traits: Last refuge, fleet shadow, …

in Thief

Posted by: Tengu.5267

Tengu.5267

please fix the steal pathing bug.

Human Thief-CD

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I’m still wondering how many attempts they are going to make to fix venoms before going back to square one:- make every venom worth a slot on its own merit and then tone down any overpowered venom traits.

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

I lost all hopes for the thief profession several months ago. I don’t hope anything.

However, I’m pretty confident that there’s still room beneath thieves to bury them a little more…

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

please fix the steal pathing bug.

+1

in Thief

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

At this point in time i wouldn’t even be surprised if they added a moon walk to flanking strike.
I just want them to remove the cast time on infiltrators return. i’d even take a nerf to damage for it, hell im already kitten into fire/air. what’s a little more…
course that ain’t going to happen to many pvp heroes will scream op. but i can dream….

in Thief

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

I really hope they don’t nerf thief again. I would like to be able to play it again but it just feels so limited. Even ranger is better at the moment… Really wish they would fix venoms. Some traits don’t even work with venomous aura, not to mention the fact that venoms seem kind of useless aside from the might stacking (which would be 20 stacks per rotation instead of 10 if recharge on steal actually worked)

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Gimme something to replace traps! They are terrible. Such potential gone :/

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: shinigamith.7120

shinigamith.7120

To be serious i prefer they try something and break the class than not trying anything and just make some tweak.