Rebalance and pistols

Rebalance and pistols

in Thief

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I wish developers have paid more attention to the pistols. Now it’s physical damage is so pathetic that use them with non-cond specs is simply inappropriate. However, the pistol skills are clearly physic oriented rather than cond. Increasing chance of ricochet by 25% did not improve the situation.

Rebalance and pistols

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

They should just convert it into a full condition spec if they aren’t going to buff it. One way or the other.

Rebalance and pistols

in Thief

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Agreed. I’d love to run a condition pistol thief but currently that is completely infeasible.

Rebalance and pistols

in Thief

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Pistol is beyond saving, shortbow is better in every single aspect unless you think the massive ini cost blind field or daze are worth it?

They would have to completely redo pistol MH at least

Rebalance and pistols

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

They should just convert it into a full condition spec if they aren’t going to buff it. One way or the other.

An idea I’ve given before to fully transform it into full condition set:

Unload has a 50% chance to apply bleed on each bullet, and 50% chance to apply weakness (very moderate duration given future changes). Reduce the direct damage proportionally to make up for the added condition damage part.

Right now Unload isn’t worth 5 initiative and synergizes very poorly with the main attack. Make this change and now you have a 5 initiative skill that on average applies 4 bleeds (P/D combo applies more bleeds per initiative used but needs to get close) and 4 aplications of weakness (like 0.5 to 1 seconds per aplication, the idea is that you can only keep it if you keep shooting so it doesn’t become imbalanced) and now you have a full condition set that aditionally works for team utility and defense through its main damage source without being a beast mode set as everything was toned down to make sure it isn’t a curbstomp skill.

Body Shot would still need a change (the new Torment condition comes to mind), but at least this way Unload synergizes with Vital Shot and both are effective on the same builds.

Rebalance and pistols

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Want to make pistol all-conditional? Give Body Shot confusion and the dual skills Burning. A major weakness of current thief condition builds is that they rely far too heavily on bleed. And it makes me sad to see high-condition damage/duration thieves with no way to apply that sweet sweet burn pain.

Rebalance and pistols

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Want to make pistol all-conditional? Give Body Shot confusion and the dual skills Burning. A major weakness of current thief condition builds is that they rely far too heavily on bleed. And it makes me sad to see high-condition damage/duration thieves with no way to apply that sweet sweet burn pain.

Problem there is spammability. Burning equals to a direct aplication of 8 bleeds on a single hit.

Because of initiative, we would be able to basically keep it on, so no matter how strong the opponent is removing conditions, the second he loses burning, he has it again. This is another of those things we can’t have because of initiative, along with other stuff like long duration CCs. Burning, like long duration CC, must be on something with a cooldown. Blame’s on the profession mechanic that would make them too strong.

Anyway burning isn’t really needed to excel at conditions if there is a good enough way to quickly build bleeds and cover it with different conditions (I cover my bleeds with at least other 3 conditions that are always there, plus others that will ocasionally be there).