Regarding Thief Complaints....

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I’ve seen a lot of Thief QQ threads, and in some posts they say Thief is just easy mode and can make anyone play well. Well, have any of those people made a video of themselves playing a Thief? I’m curious as to how they play the class.

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

it is too easy to spam skills ! and stealth !

in Thief

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

sure thief can spam an attack 3-4 times . then they sitting ducks.

every other character has a full rotation possible of endless skills in a row …
its not cause there different skills that it isnt spamming.

look at ele’s , they just go tru a rotation and restart that rotation over and over. ( minus a few high cooldown skills )

tell me 1 character that after 4 attacks can only do his autoattacks? or has to go run / hide after 4 skills cause all his skills are on cooldown.

-* evasion thiefs sacrifice alot of damage , just so they shouldn’t have to run / hide after there initial burst.

- stealth thiefs arent that usefull for spvp/tpvp when in stealth .
And closecombat aint that easy with all the ranged characters they have to face.

only D/p needs a little rework , in the lines of not making blackpowder combo more then once with heartseeker. That’s all

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

@kaizer. no . thief is not easy mode every thief who has said so never released a video of THEIR gameplay. and if another thief DOES its bc he has many hundreds of hours mastering thief …. not bc he just picked it up and did well. thief is NOT easy to play. its quite hard to play well. a new player picks up a thief he will be dead in seconds against any nub ranger.

in Thief

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Thieves are good in roaming, WvW situations. Otherwise, not so much – especially with all the nerfs.

As an Engi, I’ve gotten where I can, if I expend the time and effort, take out around 90% of the Thieves I encounter. But for the most part, I just ignore them. Relative to their contribution to their World, they just aren’t really worth the effort. If I see that I’m up against a perma-stealth thief that doesn’t do much damage, but will take awhile to bring down, I just let him go on his way to slap yaks and noobs.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Thieves are good in roaming, WvW situations. Otherwise, not so much – especially with all the nerfs.

As an Engi, I’ve gotten where I can, if I expend the time and effort, take out around 90% of the Thieves I encounter. But for the most part, I just ignore them. Relative to their contribution to their World, they just aren’t really worth the effort. If I see that I’m up against a perma-stealth thief that doesn’t do much damage, but will take awhile to bring down, I just let him go on his way to slap yaks and noobs.

this is what an intelligent player says. plz read this to all QQ noobs. thief is not OP…..it actually needs alotta work to be playable. 1 v 1 has no place in gw2.

in Thief

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Offtopic :Im 100% sure you dont play a thief , but still you post on the thief forum non-stop about nerfing it , you need a hobby – thief is fine.

OnTopic : Who says thief is bad outside WvW roaming ? Thief is viable in pve as much as anyone stands on par with zerker warriors , if you dont know this best be looking into.

It is an all around good class , nerfed one too many times but finally we are in a good place.

play hard , go pro.