Remember to report bugs

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

Hey all,

This is a reminder thread to submit the bugs you come across to the game bugs sub-forum! It is hugely beneficial to us when you report issues found on Live to the Game Bugs Forum with steps listed on how to perform the bug (“repro”) or describe what is happening.

Link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs

I will do my best to show visibility in each thread but I just wanted to toss out this thread to express how useful bug reporting can be after a major balance drop like we just had.

Thanks everyone!

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: slsharpshooter.5631

slsharpshooter.5631

Please reply to our posts pretty please

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

yeah. so many bug reports, hardly a response to any…making me depressed.

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

We must be reading a different forum?

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: slsharpshooter.5631

slsharpshooter.5631

What is lacking arena net is the confirmation of your decisions, everything you tell us is vague for example, what you will do about pvp match making or if the new updates will have this and that until the release notes don’t show all the changes such as mesmer chaos bug… Now take this as constructive criticism, you need to survey people about ideas or changes for example, if you surveyed the top pvp tournament players for improvement or the people that have experienced the game more than you, then this game would be a million times improved. If the relationship between the developers and the players are that much closer, the quality of updates will be very pleasing. Don’t be vague, acknowledge or give us a sense of attention otherwise it would feel we would all be wasting our time on these forums. We are a great community and very welcoming players but lets face reality, improvements need to be made , every little change helps. Please listen and reply.

Thanks for reading

(edited by slsharpshooter.5631)

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Elfis.9102

Elfis.9102

I have found few things in life less useful than reporting guild wars bugs. A significant portion of the bugs I reported on day 1 still exist a year later. There are a few that have been fixed in recent patches, but I doubt my reporting them a year ago (and a few times since) had any effect on that.

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

Probably shouldn’t have left this open to replies.

We Thieves aren’t very happy with Arenanet and its ability to effectively balance and remove bugs at the minute —- at least, that’s the impression I get from others and certainly how I feel —- and we’re not much in the mood. =/

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

Charr and Asuran Thieves (maybe more) are missing blurry effect on dodge.

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: hircane.1982

hircane.1982

Thiefs need something…. anything really. I would even take a slight increase in toughness. Our survivability is awful when compared to classes with passive mitigation. Sure dodging is nice, but we can’t constantly do it. Im not asking for much… no, WE are not asking for much. We are asking for something.

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

Sometimes when i shadowstep via sword 2 or even steal i go to the target but instantly i got back to the original location i used the skill (note that the return from sword 2/shadowstep doesnt trigger wich to me looks like a bug). Anotehr thing… sometimes when i Steal as i said i got back to original location but not just that Steal goes on cooldown without any stolen iten. Hope you guys can check this out and give us a feedback thanks a lot.

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: VladR.9827

VladR.9827

Yes i can confirm those two things happend to me as well maaany times, as they are really annoying :
- instant return to original location after steal/shadowstep/sword 2 – randomly and not always
- steal steals nothing and goes on CD – no blind conditions on me or any other that can distrupt this skill – randomly

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Has the sticky post from this forum with this thief bugs been removed? I’m sure thieves would like to post new bugs but now we can’t see what has already been reported over the last 12 months.

The previous few posters are talking about movement glitches I think. This is a very important topic for thieves as we are meant to be a high mobility class that dodges, evades, and shadowsteps away from danger. We are very susceptible to movement failures. Dodge, evade, shadowstep, and shadow return can fatally fail to move the user at all over uneven ground, sometimes on pan flat surfaces too. These are not necessarily thief bugs but they are certainly poor game mechanics that cause a lot of bugs for thieves.

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Battou.7832

Battou.7832

Has Signet of Agility been fixed yet?

Thief Scoundrel “Hraffen”
[RET] of Fort Aspenwood

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Yes I can confirm Steal, does not always steal but does always go on CD.

Crazy Leg

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

Tyler would it be too much to ask for developers to respond to the submitted bug reports and acknowledge whether they have been assigned to be fixed? It’s frustrating to post bug reports to the forums or in-game, and see them go unfixed and apparently ignored for weeks, months or even over a year.

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: knight.4379

knight.4379

Please, many of us enjoy or class because of the archetype. Many of us just want to her why our class has been so nerfed/underappreciated. We have been speaking loudly since the nerds started happening and all we hope for is answers.

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Grandtomatoe.2045

Grandtomatoe.2045

If I start auto attacking a gate with my short bow then turn and walk away, deselect the gate so that I have no target, if I come back, I start auto attacking the gate again even with no target selected. Is this working as inteneded?

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

HOT FIX this kitten basilisk venom + daze bug
HOT FIX this kitten pistol whip not existing stun duration

how much time we have to wait for a fix on something that YOU and YOUR LAST PATCH broke?
I don’t care anymore if you take 3 months for a pvp patch that doesn’t change anything and let the meta being the mess it is now for another 3 months, I am downhearted nowadays, I know you can’t do anything good even given enaugh time, but AT LEAST you should fix in a matter of time the things that were working and now are no more working since your last update.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

Hidden thief doesn’t work with pistol autoattack on. Potentially because bullet has flight time and the steal is insta but there isn’t any way around it with the lag the way it is.

Maybe working as intended but if so it sucks

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Fello.8673

Fello.8673

After the patch, whenever I use black powder to finish a downed player, they get to use their number 2 skill to interrupt me even though they are blinded. Before the patch, this almost never happens, but after the patch, they get it off almost 30% of the time.

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Youkay.5294

Youkay.5294

When I use rare veggie pizza (+40% condi duration) I don’t see condition damage increase in shadow strike’s torment damage tooltip.

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Jakare.6807

Jakare.6807

Pistol whip stun duration is shorter than the time it takes to start the flurry.

Teleport skills are really prone to failure when used on staircases at the moment. Examples are the ones inside keeps/towers that lead up to walls and the ones around the bloodlust buff points. I’m guessing its because the game treats them as uneven ground so doesn’t think that you can walk a path from point A to point B when there’s a staircase separating both points.

There’s also a lot of rubber banding happening with targeted tele skills like infiltrators strike/signet where you will port to them and immediately port back.

On crit effects like flame blast and lightning strike are causing instant revealed if they proc on a cloak and dagger.

Disabling shot still sometimes roots you in place when it’s used, instead of jumping backwards/away from target.

Heartseeker will sometimes leap in a random direction when untargeted, usually when you’re on uneven ground like a hill.

Úchî/Aulrathil
[TI] Team Ignition (Gandara)

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

I reported the recent bugs, no response from any dev.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

I reported the recent bugs, no response from any dev.

Same here, made bug posts which have been buried with no response or fix. This whole thread feels like a result of someone tasking Tyler to make these posts on the forums, but nobody being tasked for reading and responding at the bugs forum.

To the several people posting your bugs above, he asked you to report them in the Game Bugs forum, not in this thread.

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Grandtomatoe.2045

Grandtomatoe.2045

Dancing Dagger doesn’t work correctly with condition duration bonuses. I just posted a seperate post about this.

Also, torment duration doesnt delve correctly either on Shadow Strike which I also posted about.

Please address these issues.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Dancing-Dagger-Delve-Bug-Discrepancy/first#post3214619

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Pistol-3-Torment-Runes-6-6-Duration/first#post3136450

Remember to report bugs

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

Dancing Dagger doesn’t work correctly with condition duration bonuses. I just posted a seperate post about this.

Also, torment duration doesnt delve correctly either on Shadow Strike which I also posted about.

Please address these issues.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Dancing-Dagger-Delve-Bug-Discrepancy/first#post3214619

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Pistol-3-Torment-Runes-6-6-Duration/first#post3136450

Since the whole point of this thread is telling people to post about bugs in the bugs subforum, I don’t think anything posted in this thread will be acknowledged or addressed.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!