Remove the Self reveal on SR

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

How would you feel if Anet removed the Self Reveal from Shadow Refuge? It seems like a relic of the past that should have been removed with the Advent of the Stealth Gyro.

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Now more classes have reveal then don’t, I think that would be fair. Although it largely dropped out of the meta because of being unable to dodge within the ring with daredevil as much as anything, so I’d say it depends on what the next elite spec brings.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

Now more classes have reveal then don’t, I think that would be fair. Although it largely dropped out of the meta because of being unable to dodge within the ring with daredevil as much as anything, so I’d say it depends on what the next elite spec brings.

I can understand that but look at all the flaws it has currently:

Static location
High CD
Highly Visible
Small radius
Can be knocked out of
Self Reveal if left prematurely

Now let’s look at the better version of it known as Stealth Gyro:

Mobile
Provides longer Stealth
No self reveal
Shorter Cd
No Heal
Can be used as a large Aoe reveal

Comparing the two one would only be used in vey fringe cases since it is almost a death sentence to use it.

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

in Thief

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Well, let’s be fair here, Fyre. Sneak Gyro is also highly visible, and destroyable at that. However, I do agree that the reveal needs to go, and maybe get a lower cooldown as well.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

Well, let’s be fair here, Fyre. Sneak Gyro is also highly visible, and destroyable at that. However, I do agree that the reveal needs to go, and maybe get a lower cooldown as well.

I’m not asking for the SR be mobile, that is fine since the Gyro is killable and that balances it out, but the fact that that skill has only advantages and no draw backs besides it being killable is why I want the SR to no longer self reveal.

in Thief

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Oh, I certainly agree, I was just pointing out that there was slightly more against Stealth Gyro than you had brought up. X) Not enough to offset it, but just an “interest of fairness” sort of thing. I don’t think Shadow Refuge needs to be mobile, either, but making it so that it doesn’t give away your position quite so forcefully would certainly be a good thing. And, again, wouldn’t complain about a reduced cooldown, either. :P

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’d rather see them make Sneak Gyro have the same effect, honestly.

This is a case of answering power creep with power creep as a comparison or trying to mesh incompatible mechanics. SR’s supposed to have counterplay either by dropping bombs on it or CC’ing the thief out of the ring; it says “I’m here but you can’t see or target me” and is a great get-out-of-jail-free card if used properly and timed when your target doesn’t have an answer, since it also heals. The Daredevil does not sit in one place and isn’t meant to, and while utilities should mesh, recognizing differences in style and intent as great as this one suggest they should be kept exclusive, particularly in the sense that you’d have incredible evasion and reset potential also being able to utilize a very powerful long-lasting stealth effect.

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

I’d rather see them make Sneak Gyro have the same effect, honestly.

This is a case of answering power creep with power creep as a comparison or trying to mesh incompatible mechanics. SR’s supposed to have counterplay either by dropping bombs on it or CC’ing the thief out of the ring; it says “I’m here but you can’t see or target me” and is a great get-out-of-jail-free card if used properly and timed when your target doesn’t have an answer, since it also heals. The Daredevil does not sit in one place and isn’t meant to, and while utilities should mesh, recognizing differences in style and intent as great as this one suggest they should be kept exclusive, particularly in the sense that you’d have incredible evasion and reset potential also being able to utilize a very powerful long-lasting stealth effect.

I don’t see it as being power creep but reverting an obsolete Nerf, it already has enough counter play in the form of Hard counters with Aoe reveal, It’s highly visible and very stationary, as well as being very prone to being Cc/Aoe bombed on the location.

in Thief

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

even if that happens there are better and stronger utilities to use anyway

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in Thief

BlaqueFyre.5678

Yes but it will make this skill not be a trap in most circumstances