Removing Speed 25%

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

Hello

i have a question,what do you guys think when anet would remove the 25 % speed from the signet and adding this passiv buff to a trait(acrobatics tree)? Warrior can trait this why also not the “king of mobility” class?

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

No. Not a good idea.
I’d much rather equip the signet then be forced to dive (extra) into any trait tree, even Acrobatics. There already are other ims traits, in Acrobatics, like Expeditious Dodger and Fleet Shadow.

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

It’d like to see the passive unchanged while the active effect of the signet becoming another stealth.

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

The Warrior is the only profession that has movement speed as a trait. There is very little reason to have the same kind of trait on a Thief just “Because Warrior has it”. All other professions need to invest in Runes or utilities, and there is nothing wrong with that. You could also complain about the ease Warriors have to keep swiftness up, instead (which is what I do).

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Buy runes of the traveler and never bother with any signets or traits.

Signed, level 1 alt

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

^ Not enough Traveler runes for everyone. Besides, it lacks the focus than other rune sets can provide for builds.

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

This game doesn’t need more passives please.

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

Mmm… Why do you want a new +25% perma speed trait, when you already have a +33% perma swiftness trait on ’Assasin’s retreat’?

Just kill some quick random mobs and enjoy your minutes of swiftness duration.

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

The Warrior is the only profession that has movement speed as a trait. There is very little reason to have the same kind of trait on a Thief just “Because Warrior has it”. All other professions need to invest in Runes or utilities, and there is nothing wrong with that. You could also complain about the ease Warriors have to keep swiftness up, instead (which is what I do).

>Inactive: Elementalist,

Nice game knowledge.

To op: They should rework sos because it’s terribly useless. And absolutely not worth it. Traveler runes always better than sos.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

Thief, being a mobility based class, should have a minor trait (5 Acro) for 25% move speed.

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

No.
Having the speed bonus on the signet means I can use it on every build without having to spend any points even if it were only 5 where I don´t want them.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

^ Not enough Traveler runes for everyone. Besides, it lacks the focus than other rune sets can provide for builds.

True in regards to your second observation but isn’t that the point. You trade the extra DPS or utility of another set for the utility for traveler’s runes. Speaking plainly if you don’t mind running slightly slower than the next guy use another set. If you don’t mind occupying one utility slot for extra movement speed use another set. If you do mind use travelers. No one set is perfect for each and every build. Each set has it’s trade offs.

Demand does beat supply but the price seems to have stabilized.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

I genuinely did not know about the Engineer trait. But the Necromancer and Elementalist traits should be considered to be absolutely useless. It might have some place in a D/D Elementalist if you don’t want any other trait, but the other options and allocations are generally better for almost any build.

Oh well, should have guessed someone would come with those two comments.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Oh well, should have guessed someone would come with those two comments.

Misinformation in internet must be taken seriously.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

True in regards to your second observation but isn’t that the point. You trade the extra DPS or utility of another set for the utility for traveler’s runes. Speaking plainly if you don’t mind running slightly slower than the next guy use another set. If you don’t mind occupying one utility slot for extra movement speed use another set. If you do mind use travelers. No one set is perfect for each and every build. Each set has it’s trade offs.

It’s sort of an important observation considering the investment that you’re required to make to solve something that’s not really a huge problem in the first place. Specialized sets have trade-offs, but they don’t cost an entire ascended weapon’s worth of gold, either.

Demand does beat supply but the price seems to have stabilized.

Small comfort for people who want a set. There’s nowhere near enough of these runes to go around. Scholar’s are in a much better place.

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

Thiefs get the majority of their mobility from ports anyways (SB5, shadow step, steal, ect…). The signet is only there to help newer players with positioning really. I think this is less true in pve/wvw though, where people like to use the signet as a sort of “mount” to help running across long distances then swap it out once they arrive at a fight.

Neglekt

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’d rather it be an F2 signet. :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

It’d like to see the passive unchanged while the active effect of the signet becoming another stealth.

or at least a blind field you can leap through for stealth. the name is so misleading otherwise.

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

anyways, i think thief should have a default run speed bonus, i mean cmon, it’s a thief class for crying out loud, we’re SUPPOSED to be fast, but yet a HEAVY profession can out run us. makes no sense.

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I’d welcome a 25% movement trait, as long as the signet stays untouched. It’s not like you’d be forced to take it any more than the signet or traveler runes, and we’re supposed to be the mobile class anyways. More ways of achieving the same thing is always a good thing imo (provided they don’t nerf us in return :P )

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’d welcome a 25% movement trait, as long as the signet stays untouched. It’s not like you’d be forced to take it any more than the signet or traveler runes, and we’re supposed to be the mobile class anyways. More ways of achieving the same thing is always a good thing imo (provided they don’t nerf us in return :P )

It’s be a great replacement for Hard to Catch. Even though anything it’s replaced with would be better… Except Last Refuge. :x Wonder how many comments like this I’ll have to make. :<

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Well, seeing as it’s a major switching it with Last Refuge would be an improvement.

Removing Speed 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

It’s really not something that’s needed. Though I wouldn’t complain if it replaced Hard to Catch or Last Refuge.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter