Replace Dancing Dagger with a block.

in Thief

Posted by: Maliel.8362

Maliel.8362

A block like the ranger’s Counterattack, but with a shorter channeling, this would make this skill so much useful and make thieves a little more survivable without resorting to stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Yeah, a good argument is always closed with “so we don’t have to use stealth anymore”.
Anyway, I like dancing dagger, it’s a bit unpredictable but I usually cripple enemies who are trying to get away, so please don’t replace. Oh and I’m not stealthed while they’re running away.

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Dancing dagger is crucial for getting rid of blind/aegis. If anything, I think they should fix the projectile bugs and lower the cost by 1 initiative, but keep the skill as it is otherwise.

Second Child

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Yeah, it just needs bug fixing… since a single blade of grass seems to obstruct it, maybe adjust init cost/damage/cast time.
A block would make more sense on a sword though. For instance, if we ever get the ability to duel wield swords… maybe it will have it’s place there.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Yeah, a block on sword would make more sense. Dancing dagger is a skill whose function belongs in the d/d set, not a block. It just needs fixed.

in Thief

Maliel.8362

Seems like a lot of you don’t know that Counterattack can be cancelled and turned into a ranged cripple by usining it whilst channeling , and my main complain about this skill is about why would you want to cripple an opponent from a distance with a weapon made for melee combat.

in Thief

Posted by: xXBurningEmberXx.6085

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

Seems like a lot of you don’t know that Counterattack can be cancelled and turned into a ranged cripple by usining it whilst channeling , and my main complain about this skill is about why would you want to cripple an opponent from a distance with a weapon made for melee combat.

Um… Idk, if they were running away? If they r a ranged class? If they move out of melee range? If you need a ranged basilisk venom?

in Thief

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

I think that the ability should have a dmg reduction and an ini reduction. The move isn’t made to dmg, it’s made to slow opponents so they can’t run away.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It used to be a great skill early on. Getting two targets next to each other would have it deal more damage than a backstab. It’s currently just too expensive on initiative for the effect it’s only really ever used for, offers far too little damage, and is quite unreliable.

I’d rather see DB made into a slightly-weakened version of counterattack or something with the response hit being the condition stacks. It’d make D/D a lot more viable and give it the defense is needs.

in Thief

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

A block like the ranger.

No.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in Thief

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

dancing dagger is fine… It may be underwhelming by itself, but it is well compensated by the fact that it is a 4 combo projectile finishers if paired with a combo field… what people never seem to realise.

in Thief

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

I like dancing dagger. Its semi multi perma cripple provided you measure your spams to ini regen and cripple dura. with a damage that can be good specially if your procs go off too.

in Thief

Maliel.8362

Um… Idk, if they were running away? If they r a ranged class? If they move out of melee range? If you need a ranged basilisk venom?

A shame enemies don’t run away in pve.

in Thief

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

A shame enemies don’t run away in pve.

Shame you wouldn’t need to block in pve as a thief since you have the Dodge key, stealth, and a trait line dedicated to dodges.

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Yeah a spammable block skill for SD is an excellent idea

/shudder