Requesting a balance....

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Anyone who thinks Thieves are overpowered are either extremely bad, or braindead.

Lets consider this:
pve – potentially the worst class in the game
pvp – very little play and good at ganking people who are glass cannon-ish or bad
wvw – pretty much roamers and scouts. This is the majority of my gameplay as a thief, I also have an 80 warrior, ele, guardian, and mesmer.

Guardian – super tanky and can achieve decent dps with amazing survivability, blast finishers, and group support. Also can roflstomp a thief in 1v1 1 handed while sipping a kittentail and chatting with your mother on the phone depending on their weapon selection (traits don’t even matter if you know what you’re doing).
Mesmer – the only class in the game that has probably seen the nerf bat as bad if not worse than the thief. at least they have good group utility with time warp portal null field and feedback. Still feel bad for my mesmer friends
Warrior – extremely vanilla but can still stomp a thief like nobodies business, especially if your pvt.
Ele – D/D got nerfed but rightfully so, do-it-all builds that are THAT strong need a nerf. Staff ele still has amazing group support via combo fields, heals, siege situations, and general gameplay, just kinda boring imo.

Thieves are forced to be either 1 of 2 things in wvw – a super scout with massive survivability and mobility where you get no bags and feel like some 8 yearold birthday party clown, and/or pistol dagger sleepfest, or you go massive burst, sacrifice EVERYTHING to do so, and fail 1/2 the time at what you’ve worked so hard to get, and get CRUSHED in zerg fights

Enough of this bs crying about stealth. Thieves are slippery? It ran away? Great. your still alive and just mildly frustrated. Deal with it. roll a necro and be the flavor of the month op wvw class like everybody else or gtfo. Thief was DESIGNED by their trait line to obtain massive dps through raw crit chance and overall damage buffs, and were nerfed according to people who play these classes so badly that if a thief were to play say pvt gear or knights or any survivable set, they would be doing far less dps than other classes that don’t have the lowest health pool and medium armor AND still have no group synergy. Class is bad as it stands. Play one before you kitten, learn their weaknesses and youll never have a problem with them in wvw.

TL:DR – If you think thieves are OP you don’t play one or you’re bad at the game. Thanks.

Scared our troll class might be fixed? lel. Seriously i play thief ask anyone on underworld, As my op pic proves. Its op as kitten in wvw, no challenge to play, i’m not saying i’m amazing, but i like to think i’m pretty good, and my opponents arent scaled nubs, they know how to play. all i want is for anet to make the class hard to play.. make it so we can be de-stealthed by aoe (but no reveal buff) or something, nerf our damage a little, i really don’t mind, just make the class a kitten challenge to both play and fight against.

tl;dr thief is not challenging to play. (1k hours on one, i know)
ITT thieves crying that one of their own admits its kitten op in wvw.
Seriously..

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: MIrra.3604

MIrra.3604

Anyone who thinks Thieves are overpowered are either extremely bad, or braindead.

Lets consider this:
pvp – very little play and good at ganking people who are glass cannon-ish or bad
wvw – pretty much roamers and scouts. This is the majority of my gameplay as a thief, I also have an 80 warrior, ele, guardian, and mesmer.

Guardian – super tanky and can achieve decent dps with amazing survivability, blast finishers, and group support. Also can roflstomp a thief in 1v1 1 handed while sipping a kittentail and chatting with your mother on the phone depending on their weapon selection (traits don’t even matter if you know what you’re doing).
Mesmer – the only class in the game that has probably seen the nerf bat as bad if not worse than the thief. at least they have good group utility with time warp portal null field and feedback. Still feel bad for my mesmer friends
Warrior – extremely vanilla but can still stomp a thief like nobodies business, especially if your pvt.
Ele – D/D got nerfed but rightfully so, do-it-all builds that are THAT strong need a nerf. Staff ele still has amazing group support via combo fields, heals, siege situations, and general gameplay, just kinda boring imo.

Thieves are forced to be either 1 of 2 things in wvw – a super scout with massive survivability and mobility where you get no bags and feel like some 8 yearold birthday party clown, and/or pistol dagger sleepfest, or you go massive burst, sacrifice EVERYTHING to do so, and fail 1/2 the time at what you’ve worked so hard to get, and get CRUSHED in zerg fights

Enough of this bs crying about stealth. Thieves are slippery? It ran away? Great. your still alive and just mildly frustrated. Deal with it. roll a necro and be the flavor of the month op wvw class like everybody else or gtfo. Thief was DESIGNED by their trait line to obtain massive dps through raw crit chance and overall damage buffs, and were nerfed according to people who play these classes so badly that if a thief were to play say pvt gear or knights or any survivable set, they would be doing far less dps than other classes that don’t have the lowest health pool and medium armor AND still have no group synergy. Class is bad as it stands. Play one before you kitten, learn their weaknesses and youll never have a problem with them in wvw.

TL:DR – If you think thieves are OP you don’t play one or you’re bad at the game. Thanks.

Scared our troll class might be fixed? lel. Seriously i play thief ask anyone on underworld, As my op pic proves. Its op as kitten in wvw, no challenge to play, i’m not saying i’m amazing, but i like to think i’m pretty good, and my opponents arent scaled nubs, they know how to play. all i want is for anet to make the class hard to play.. make it so we can be de-stealthed by aoe (but no reveal buff) or something, nerf our damage a little, i really don’t mind, just make the class a kitten challenge to both play and fight against.

Seriously..

Hiya!

What server are you on? Can we duel a few times and show me how easy it is to play? I mean, I have over 1500 hours but at least to me it is not easy at all. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

So, please let me know what server you’re on and I’ll transfer and we can duel. How about a small wager of 250g for best 2 out of 3?

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

VaaCrow.3076

Lets consider this:

Seriously..

Hiya!

What server are you on? Can we duel a few times and show me how easy it is to play? I mean, I have over 1500 hours but at least to me it is not easy at all. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

So, please let me know what server you’re on and I’ll transfer and we can duel. How about a small wager of 250g for best 2 out of 3?

I didn’t come here to ask you for a duel, 1.5 k hours, great, still find it challenging? good for you, for the players less easily appeased all i came here to do was gather opinions on wether or not the class was under challging to play, it seems like a 50/50 split. i didn’t want to start a flame war and i’m most deffinatley not going to take 250g+ transfer cost from you. i just want the class to be improved, with 1.5k hours you should want that too.

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I don’t really think “I killed a player whilst uplevelled as a thief” is any kind of statement. People here do WvW much? I mean really. I have 8×80s, one of each class, and Im sure I could beat the average player in WvW with a level 1 of any class. Sure there are some alright players, but the vast majority of players in WvW are terrible at the game and PvP.

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Lets consider this:

Seriously..

Hiya!

Well which class are you planning on using to beat his thief ? Surely not another thief? Winning a thief vs. thief doesn’t show anything about how easy it is to play a thief, after all. I also hope its not some gimmick thats designed to only work against a thief.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Half the reason very few people take any posts in the Thief forum seriously is because they are a) completely baseless opinions, and b) the extreme difficulty people seem to have forming thoughts into complete sentences with grammar and punctuation.

Seriously, stop with the run on sentences. You make Thieves look bad when you post this nonsense coupled without any articulation or clarity.

“I am a Thief, please nerf me.” Yeah, OK.

I generally take very few posts seriously in the Thief forums because of posts like yours.

Thieves need a few nerfs, correct, but they need a complete redesign. Stealth is an OP mechanic in any MMORPG, Arenanet should have known this. GW1 Assassin, GW1 Necromancer, GW1 Monk, they were all effective and better balanced, or atleast more so than this game. They were also significantly more interesting and fun.

I completely agree with this..its not the thieves that are OP its the entire stealth mechanic , anytime you can make any player your pray via constant stealth and blinds you’re OP. They’re blowing skills to HOPE to hit you while you sitting back laughing and getting ready to hand them their inevitable death.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Lets consider this:

Seriously..

Hiya!

I didn’t come here to ask you for a duel, 1.5 k hours, great, still find it challenging? good for you, for the players less easily appeased all i came here to do was gather opinions on wether or not the class was under challging to play, it seems like a 50/50 split. i didn’t want to start a flame war and i’m most deffinatley not going to take 250g+ transfer cost from you. i just want the class to be improved, with 1.5k hours you should want that too.

They know the mechanic is broken man , no need to keep explaining it to them lol…the day they admit it is when Siamoths fly.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: Raidium.3916

Raidium.3916

^ Overpower or not, at least each profession provides a variety of unique playstyle. Thief just happen to specialize in stealth as 1 of its core gameplay mechanic. Why give us variety and take it away? Balance only exist for the competitively egotistical players to stop crying about fairness.

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Master of Timespace.2548

Balance only exist for the competitively egotistical players to stop crying about fairness.

Inbalance destroys variety and thats the general reason why it is avoided. If warrior had 100k hp warriors would still have even fights between each other, but you wouldn’t see many other professions out there. Would be quite dull.

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Stealth has become this game’s Shadow Form. In GW1, everyone knew it was overpowered, but when someone would comment on it, the assassin players who abuse it would descend on the poor player like hawks from the sky. As you can see, the same thing is going on here; thief players don’t like that you’re attacking their Win Button.

EDIT: and just FYI, I main a thief as well. Just as I mained an Assassin. I dislike both Shadow Form and Stealth.

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Hardly anything like stealth, in GW1 Shadow From saw no use in (competitive) PvP, only PvE.

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

@original poster. if u think that thieves make trollers that is quite commical and the pot calling the kettle black since you are here doing the same. interesting you say that a thief can only troll…. point taken. Anet plz make us better bc all we can do is troll….cant really zerg well…no aoe dmg other than a sloooooooooow cluster bomb….and in spvp we cant cap with invis so we have to play a very weak s/d evade thats good against bunkers but not against other dmg players…..the evades are shorter than the half the actualy skill activation time. so where do we fit in other than roaming / trollers….. oh? no where important? oh ok just blast finishers for pre battle buffs in wvw…..now i know. ill just make a lvl 1 thief then and he can do the same a sa fully ascended lvl 80 :P we rock. (also plz note im not a whiner…just putting this in perspective for this guy up top)

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Travlane.5948

u guys are redic. id take shadow form over stealth any day! i have died in stealth sooooooooooo many times. 99.99% of the QQers on thieves in this game cry about 1 v 1 or 2 v 2. this is the problem. thieves pose a threat to the roamers and reinforcements at best. they have no or minimal part in the game. so why nerf? bc u are good in groups so much more and they aregood at 1 v 1? cmon stop being cgreedy

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Lets consider this:

Seriously..

ur amazing… 76% world completion? not even half of your awards on character screen? 2 lvl 80s? you dont even have the experience to say which classes are OP and which are not! lol thats like saying well cancer hurts worse than a brain tumor…….but not as bad as a nerve disease……………but u have only had 1 of the 3 …..how can you really say? i highly doubt you have 1k hours on thief….if u do u play in a noob server or noob area idk what to tell you. but i play against plenty of people that can beat thieves quite easily.

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: Raidium.3916

Raidium.3916

Balance only exist for the competitively egotistical players to stop crying about fairness.

Inbalance destroys variety and thats the general reason why it is avoided. If warrior had 100k hp warriors would still have even fights between each other, but you wouldn’t see many other professions out there. Would be quite dull.

I agree, we all could just roll a warrior in WvW/PvP so we can be on equal grounds. That would be quite dull as well.

(edited by Raidium.3916)

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I beg to differ.

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

VaaCrow.3076

Lets consider this:

Seriously..

ur amazing… 76% world completion? not even half of your awards on character screen? 2 lvl 80s? you dont even have the experience to say which classes are OP and which are not! lol thats like saying well cancer hurts worse than a brain tumor…….but not as bad as a nerve disease……………but u have only had 1 of the 3 …..how can you really say? i highly doubt you have 1k hours on thief….if u do u play in a noob server or noob area idk what to tell you. but i play against plenty of people that can beat thieves quite easily.

Don’t post random hate in my thread, because my opinion differes from yours, keep it on topic and positive, and don’t attack the server i play on because you feel entitled to defend a class that is broken. As for your little compariosn of terminal illnesses and thief gameplay, it isn’t relevant atall and should not be something you bring up on the forums as it has nothing to do with gameplay and is an offensive comparison. my “lack” of awards and map completion are directly related to the amount of time i’ve spent in worldvs world as opposed to in pve. And i again wanted to say, wow, you sure are “special”!

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Scared our troll class might be fixed? …

Don’t post random hate in my thread, …

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Another strong troll attempt. Threads like these should be stopped.

play hard , go pro.

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Master of Timespace.2548

I beg to differ.

It is true that right type imbalance is fine. Personally I love my warrior who crits 20k+ with 1 skill, even though one could say that it’s imbalanced. I also love to cheat in JPs with mesmer portals, even though that’s imbalanced as well. Indeed, if I can recall correctly, someone from Anet said “we leave some imbalancies to the game because they are fun”.

However, the problem is when something is strictly better than everything else. Then that something becomes a type of “jack of all trades” and variety disappears. A notable example would be the zerg balling tactic in WvW. That “stack might & roll” tactic is so vastly superior to everything else that you don’t see any other tactics being employed. It’s boring.

ps. In the video it is claimed that Chess is balanced ? But this is not true at all. White has a great advantage over black, and this is quite visible in high end games (statistically as much as 80% greater chance of winning, or something on those lines). It has also been proven through computer analysis.

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

What’ll remedy this dilemma is give ALL the kitten classes stealth…how about a 4 sec stealth on a 5 sec CD with 3 secs of reveal…that’ll even the playing fields

Requesting a balance....

in Thief

Posted by: Stardrift.7360

Stardrift.7360

As the OP had already stated “thief, the class takes little to no skill to play well and brings nothing but trolls to the game”

In other word, there are no such thing as “The Best Skilled” thief player; they instantainly have all the tools and traits available to them with 0-3 seconds cool-down, why overshadow yourself?

Once again, as I already stated; I had a wvw first timer level 37 thief in my guild who laughed about ‘how too easy it was’ while taking out multiple enemies players within 3-10 seconds. The thief continues, “I pretty much didn’t have to do anything, just spamming 2 skills over, over” Than concluded how boring it was, and laughed.

If it take a level 35 thief to see how “cheap skill” this class is, what more evidence/proof is needed that this class is in desperate need of a major “makeover”?

But if this class isn’t in need of any “makeover” by the designers and devs, than it clearly proves that thief class was intended to be a “cheap skill” ‘overkill’ class.

Haven’t anyone noticed the vast increase of thief players in wvw?

Each parties I join, 3 out 5 players are thief.

Even in the guilds, many players are ‘jumping ship’ to this class.

That says a lot.

It’s like, why would you want to pay for an expensive sport car, if there’s a cheaper sport car that is 3Xtimes better in all specs?

The amount of of bovine droppings in this post is over 9000! I realize u posted this a couple of days ago but dayuuuum ur ignorant. It`s like every guy who started playing this game decided to rip on thieves even though the things ur complaining about (spamming 2 with a decent damage result) were fixed a looooooong time ago. How about you try to spam 2 with a thief in spvp on anything, even on another glass cannon thief, and see the result urself. Why do you need to lie ppl?! A-net will nerf us regardless so no need to lie.