Reroll or not?

Reroll or not?

in Thief

Posted by: Jomika.2310

Jomika.2310

So, I’ve new to the game (or well, sort of. Played a lot like 3 years ago..) and I’ve been playing my thief to lvl 50. I realised I could be better so I went on the forums and reddit and found out that I had A LOT to learn to become a good thief. However, I also learned that thiefs aren’t considered a good class to play anymore after all the nerfs so I’m thinking of rerolling.

I really really really like playing with my thief but so far I haven’t done any other content then PvE (no dungeons or fractals). Everyone writes thief is bad for endgame and I’m wondering what your opinions are, could you still do the content with a thief? Will any dungeon/fractal/w/e group want you? Or is it just a waste of time? Worth mentioning is that I’m a solo player.

Since I really enjoy the class I suppose the easy answer is that I should stick with what I like but I don’t want to invest a lot of time (the learning curve is quite high after all) in a class I wont be able to play later on. So, what would you recommend? If I should re-roll is there a class that is as fun as the thief? Don’t really want to play a warrior since they seem to basic and simple even if they’re awesome for most content. I’m just wondering what your thoughts are, as a solo, noob, player, can I make the thief work?

Reroll or not?

in Thief

Posted by: AsurasRCute.4136

AsurasRCute.4136

I’d recommend keep having fun with your Thief as you wait for the balance patch in a month or so; then make your decision.

Reroll or not?

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

So, I’ve new to the game (or well, sort of. Played a lot like 3 years ago..) and I’ve been playing my thief to lvl 50. I realised I could be better so I went on the forums and reddit and found out that I had A LOT to learn to become a good thief. However, I also learned that thiefs aren’t considered a good class to play anymore after all the nerfs so I’m thinking of rerolling.

I really really really like playing with my thief but so far I haven’t done any other content then PvE (no dungeons or fractals). Everyone writes thief is bad for endgame and I’m wondering what your opinions are, could you still do the content with a thief? Will any dungeon/fractal/w/e group want you? Or is it just a waste of time? Worth mentioning is that I’m a solo player.

Since I really enjoy the class I suppose the easy answer is that I should stick with what I like but I don’t want to invest a lot of time (the learning curve is quite high after all) in a class I wont be able to play later on. So, what would you recommend? If I should re-roll is there a class that is as fun as the thief? Don’t really want to play a warrior since they seem to basic and simple even if they’re awesome for most content. I’m just wondering what your thoughts are, as a solo, noob, player, can I make the thief work?

You can do all content with a thief. Sometimes it’s harder than with other classes ( first time I went in HoT was with a thief and I thought those raptors were deadly, then I tried reaper and it was a piece of cake ).

As for end game content and groups there is only one answer : Make your group, you will eventually have people joining that don’t mind thieves.

I can’t really guide ou on reroll, I think it’s personnal taste. I’m playing mesmer as well it’s both really diferent and similar to thief. You should keep in mind that experience gained playing thief is never lost. It helps you anticipate, evaluate odds in an encounter, be aware of your surrounding much more efficiently thhan other classes since errors can often be fatals

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Reroll or not?

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Most of your worries are unfunded.

Thief has indeed some problems at high End content. But only at high end content.

Lastly, have in mind that any classes at the rock bottom are the first candidates for godhood. Take Mesmer and Elementarist as examples.

Reroll or not?

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

It costs you nothing to keep a thief on your list of toons outside that one slot.

If you are having FUN playing your thief then why would you reroll him ? Other players that post on the boards should not be dictating what you find as fun.

I have so much fun with the thief that I now have 4 at maximum level and play them 80 percent of the time even though other classes (all of which I have to 80) are easier and more effective at that level.

Yes it can be frustrating to be dismantled in a 1v1 versus some player who has better versions of the skills then you have and are supposed to be best at , but it rewarding when you do win, hones your gameplay and from my experience is still “fun”.

Reroll or not?

in Thief

Posted by: Steel Courage.1250

Steel Courage.1250

Most of your worries are unfunded.

Thief has indeed some problems at high End content. But only at high end content.

Lastly, have in mind that any classes at the rock bottom are the first candidates for godhood. Take Mesmer and Elementarist as examples.

i agree, ive been playing theif since launch as my main. Never switch. It’s a little rough right now without any real hold on pvp or pve. But just wait, the glory days of thief and daredevil will soon be found as we are at the bottom. and “The first canidadtes for godhood” as soulsin said.

[MAD] Malicious And Dangerous-Maguma

Reroll or not?

in Thief

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

not sure whats the problem..my venom thief literally destroying everyone, don’t use the guild wars 2 forum to get opinions, play with different build and judge it by yourself..despite many build and video i’ve shown where i literally kill people left and right 1 v 1..people will still complain.

(edited by Lavexis.5360)

Reroll or not?

in Thief

Posted by: Jomika.2310

Jomika.2310

Huge thanks for your replies <3