Respect

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

To my fellow Thieves:

Thieves do not advertise this anti stealth trap. If you’re engaged in a 1 vs 1 altercation with one of your same class, do not disrespect your class and the other person by doing this God awful thing, and granting them an easier death by laying down a trap that reveals stealth users for 30 seconds. Think about it and put it in a different perspective. The ultimate question “What if it were you, and the tables were turned” ? Respect the duel. Respect your class, you do this this against your own class you’re feeding into the other classes ego’s and in a sense letting them “win”. Please for the sake of our class, respect us, don’t play against us.

If you do not agree with any of what I am saying, Let me hear your voice. I’m a big boy.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

I don’t know. My own Thief is pretty much a non-stealth build using S/P and SB. Ethically speaking, I don’t have issues with my using an anti-stealth trap against a stealth spamming Thief that is harassing us. But having said that, I would consider it wasteful to use it against a single opponent. If I was up against 2-3 stealth characters in a roaming WvW group, then it would be worth the effort to throw down the trap. Otherwise I’d just suck it up if I couldn’t outsmart a single stealthy Thief.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

isn’t the anti-stealth trap a 4 sec cast? Good luck pulling that off in a 1v1.

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Since you said “duel” I would agree with you. Only because duels have nothing to do with WvW. Since they are more for testing your self and having fun the trap would be kinda kitten to use.

Out side of duels, you’d be crazy to think I’m not going to use it. Its a amazing tool to use while scouting camps. Having it set off to the side and kite thieves to it as needed while defending is insanely useful.

Another note is everyone one has the power to use this trap. If you choose not to use a tool that is given to you, your naive. If I were to get jumped by a thief, on any of my toons, the first thing I would try to do is drop that trap.

As for respect, there is very little in this forum. Most everyone is hyper negative and do nothing but complain. The thief is my main class and no matter what nerfs we get, I’ll be out there giving more people something to complain about.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Respect

in Thief

Zikory.6871

Most thieves use shadow refuge so that is more then enough time to pull it off. Also if your fast any of the thieves stealth skills will give you enough time to drop it and only be out of stealth for a short time.

Zikory – Retired Thief

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

Most thieves use shadow refuge so that is more then enough time to pull it off. Also if your fast any of the thieves stealth skills will give you enough time to drop it and only be out of stealth for a short time.

shadow refuge – aka “spam shortbow 2 here”

I didn’t say it couldn’t be done. But good luck pulling it off.

I feel like there’s a bigger ratio of thieves “speculating the effects of anti-stealth traps” vs “experiencing the effects of anti-stealth traps”

Respect

in Thief

Zikory.6871

I feel like there’s a bigger ratio of thieves “speculating the effects of anti-stealth traps” vs “experiencing the effects of anti-stealth traps”

Well I’v successively used it quite a few times now but have yet to have it used on me. From what I can tell most that I have encountered were rendered worthless. After they get hit with the trap most just spam anything they have to run away. The ones that stay and fight get trashed.

Its very unlikely that cluster bomb will kill a thief in 4s. Considering your probably going to use SR as a tool to drop the trap rather than a safety net your probably going to be close to full hp. And as for luck its really not hard in a 1v1 with another thief. We lack AoE interrupts from stoping us from deploying the trap while in stealth. Blinding powder works quite by the time the trap is down, you’ll have been out of stealth for a little over a second.

Zikory – Retired Thief

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

it last for 1 hr and with map so small people will just drop them in areas of high traffic and camp those spots.

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Shadow’s refuge

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

i made a video of a thief i dropped it on getting owned lol……its an automatic win button! they lose about 50% of their dmg without invis. pffft not just defense. if u think its not…ill be more than happy to “test” one on you in a 1 v 1. ive already dropped a few in random fights against roam thieves…..ive won everyone with pretty much close to full HP!

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

Today earlier a thief used Stealth Trap on me near ruins, he tried to chase me down and kill me but I managed to get away from him. He then used /laugh emote at me, which I found pretty weird. Respect is a hard thing to come by in WvW, I see lots of people emoting /laugh after they 10v1 an opponent.

Most people just want to kill stuff.

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Good luck. There is no honor among thieves.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Since you said “duel” I would agree with you. Only because duels have nothing to do with WvW. Since they are more for testing your self and having fun the trap would be kinda kitten to use.

Out side of duels, you’d be crazy to think I’m not going to use it. Its a amazing tool to use while scouting camps. Having it set off to the side and kite thieves to it as needed while defending is insanely useful.

Another note is everyone one has the power to use this trap. If you choose not to use a tool that is given to you, your naive. If I were to get jumped by a thief, on any of my toons, the first thing I would try to do is drop that trap.

As for respect, there is very little in this forum. Most everyone is hyper negative and do nothing but complain. The thief is my main class and no matter what nerfs we get, I’ll be out there giving more people something to complain about.

Finally somone who doesnt pout about every single thing…

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Thanks for the responses.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Respect

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

I honestly believe that if someone spends 15 badges + Karma to get 2 badges max I have already won, live or die.