Revealed? Why?

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Bohab.7825

Bohab.7825

Besides attacking out of stealth, what else can cause revealed? Lately I’ve received revealed in fights where I haven’t even touched a stealth skill. Anyone happen to know how?

Tavanyl

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Probably you walked into an AoE stealth skill like Shadow Refuge or Blinding Powder and than attacked a fraction of second after, giving you the revealed debuff without you noticing you went in stealth.

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Kajiri.8215

Kajiri.8215

If you leave shadow refuge while the dark field is still active it will also trigger revealed, even if you didn’t attack.

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Someone did a blast finisher into a smoke field, and stealthed you probably

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Dacromir.6207

Dacromir.6207

This can also happen if you have the trait which gives you automatic stealth at low health. I’ve had that pop without me realizing it and give me revealed many a time. I’ve even had it pop in the middle of casting CnD, which is really annoying.

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

yea i too find that even if u get knocked back out of shadow refuge u get revealed i find that kind of really stupid seeying as u already have the stealth buff on u say it charged up to atleast 6s? then u get knocked out of shadow refuge bam revealed totally gets me killed alot of times…

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Malicious.6742

Malicious.6742

Traveling arrows/daggers can break it you stealth even though they’ve been fired/thrown before the actual stealth skill that would instantly cancel. (I assume that’s the issue here, stealth skill not working due to unexpected revealed triggering or whatsoever)

Moreover, there is obviously a bug with Blinding Powder. If too many attacks connect to you character it will fail to stealth you for some weird reason+triggering revealed. This is often the case against rangers.

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Bohab.7825

Bohab.7825

Ahh ok, these all make sense. Thank you for the feedback!

Moreover, there is obviously a bug with Blinding Powder. If too many attacks connect to you character it will fail to stealth you for some weird reason+triggering revealed. This is often the case against rangers.

I believe this is the most relevant in my case as I do find most of the time when I want to stealth and reveal is “randomly” up there is a Ranger attacking me.

Tavanyl

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Dacromir.6207

Dacromir.6207

yea i too find that even if u get knocked back out of shadow refuge u get revealed i find that kind of really stupid seeying as u already have the stealth buff on u say it charged up to atleast 6s? then u get knocked out of shadow refuge bam revealed totally gets me killed alot of times…

I’m okay with that. Shadow refuge is a huge stealth, and it would honestly be OP if there wasn’t a counter to it. Otherwise, you could shadow refuge and be guaranteed to escape (10s of stealth lets you get far, far away). This gives a counter to the skill, but only really good players will know to knockback when you pop refuge.

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

the only time i ever use it is when im getting swarmed by like literally 5 guys. Still if i had to get away im now not using that skill too i literally almost have every 1 of my stealths up just incase i get swarmed again plus C&D mobs on the way lol.

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Besides attacking out of stealth, what else can cause revealed? Lately I’ve received revealed in fights where I haven’t even touched a stealth skill. Anyone happen to know how?

Some abilities are bugged and will break stealth as well, like the stolen Gunk; if an enemy steps in it you’ll be removed from stealth and get Revealed as if you had attacked them.

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Runes/sigils that proc an attack like Air Runes also cause revealed if they proc while you’re stealthed.

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Two of my own traits cause my death most of the time.

5 pt shadow, pops right in the middle of a C&D animation. Revealed. Dead.

30 point acro (hard to catch), if it pops right when I drop a shadow refuge and someone drops a stun on it or a targeted stun/root hits at the right time. Ported, revealed. Dead.

I think dealing with the 5pt Shadow trait is a slight l2p issue. I need to identify when it’s likely going to happen and just let do it’s job and regen init instead of always trying to C&D. The 30 point acro thing there is no way around. I either ditch the ability or deal with it killing me every so often. It saves me way more than it kills me and lets me use Shadowstep when I really need it so I have a hard time letting it go.

Revealed? Why?

in Thief

Posted by: Chakuna.6325

Chakuna.6325

This can also happen if you have the trait which gives you automatic stealth at low health. I’ve had that pop without me realizing it and give me revealed many a time. I’ve even had it pop in the middle of casting CnD, which is really annoying.

This. Super annoying!

I’m trying to go back, but I’m still here.