Revealed change - you've done it now anet

in Thief

Posted by: BFMV.3198

BFMV.3198

Since November 20121, I have been a roaming thief in WvW, and have gotten really good at it. I play multiple builds and am fairly successful at 2v1 and 3v1, even the occasional 4v1.

Now, back a while ago you reverted 4s revealed to 3s in wvw and that was smart because 4s is horrid. The timing on skills is so off and its too late to wait. I quit in the 2-3 months that the 4s was in wvw. I did not roam, and I missed it. As soon as you reverted it I was back, and have enjoyed it with a passion.

WvW roaming and SPVP is the only thing I do in GW2 so if you kitten with stealth in HoT, You are going to see a lot of hate from a lot of long time thief players, and I will leave your game again.

I do not want to leave as I enjoy this game but how can I play a game where I can not do what I love??

Ohh well, I started TF2 and having fun with spy so for now I am content but that will only substitute for so long.

please anet, SERIOUSLY CONSIDER the effects of stealth changes

regards, a thief in gw2

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I still pray every night to Will Smith for 4s Spvp reveal to be reverted. It makes me very sad.

The current stealth thing is officially a bug but that doesn’t mean they aren’t trying to tamper with it in some way otherwise how does a bug like that happen anyways?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: BFMV.3198

BFMV.3198

Because they are tampering with either stealth or revealed

Anet just delete the class

No other class has restrictions on its defenses

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Necro…there is no need for such measures they see it as bug too.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

except the bug wouldn’t happen unless they were messing around with stealth mechanics for the future changes…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Twonineone.3490

Twonineone.3490

Besides if this bug is not a bug, Thieves will become cannon fodder for all the other porfessions that are more resistant than thieves…

in Thief

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

wth people who play thief seriously like less stealth time? how does having more change anything negatively

edit: oh you’re talking about revealed yea I hate that too

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Thief

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Lol, you should really go play Necromancer for a bit. Not only does it get locked out of many of its defenses with its actual core mechanic (not just a utility they have access to), it also negates all supportive incoming healing. Count your blessings on that one. :P

And lets be fair here, no one else thinks it’s funny when people get upset they can’t 1v3 or 1v4 as well anymore? And another common one “well if it goes south, we’ll just leave”. Like… How do you guys not realize the things you say, then get upset when anyone calls you out for it or expresses their frustrations with thief… :/

Anyways. It’ll get fixed, they very well may be reworking stealth and I’m sure by time it is finalized it’ll all make sense so lets just wait and see.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Thief

Sagat.3285

except the bug wouldn’t happen unless they were messing around with stealth mechanics for the future changes…

I doubt this is the “beginning part” of a change it doesn’t add up with anything,maybe a change but not this type.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Lol, you should really go play Necromancer for a bit. Not only does it get locked out of many of its defenses with its actual core mechanic (not just a utility they have access to), it also negates all supportive incoming healing. Count your blessings on that one. :P

And lets be fair here, no one else thinks it’s funny when people get upset they can’t 1v3 or 1v4 as well anymore? And another common one “well if it goes south, we’ll just leave”. Like… How do you guys not realize the things you say, then get upset when anyone calls you out for it or expresses their frustrations with thief… :/

Anyways. It’ll get fixed, they very well may be reworking stealth and I’m sure by time it is finalized it’ll all make sense so lets just wait and see.

None of that matters when you have 60k HP total and still hit for 6-8k DMG a hit from Range and can deal rapid backstab damage from any direction with you auto attack, not to mention an elite that can instantly wipe an entire team of players in seconds… I play my Necro when I want to win PvP matches easier. ;o Their Core mechanic is extremely powerful, which is why they shut out your utilities otherwise your Shroud would be too unstoppable.

in Thief

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

theyve already acknowledged it as ab ug on twitter and working on it

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Thief

Cynz.9437

None of that matters when you have 60k HP total and still hit for 6-8k DMG a hit from Range and can deal rapid backstab damage from any direction with you auto attack, not to mention an elite that can instantly wipe an entire team of players in seconds… I play my Necro when I want to win PvP matches easier. ;o Their Core mechanic is extremely powerful, which is why they shut out your utilities otherwise your Shroud would be too unstoppable.

now let’s not overextraggerate

60K HP is unrealistic unless you stack vitality and even then you will be sitting in 50k… doing however very low dmg

you can’t do 6-7k dmg with 60k HP, to pull such numbers you either will have to go glass or condi/crit

thankfuly necro range is not that huge actually; DS auto attack can be blind, necro can be CCd, you can just wait out ds in stealth

lichform doesn’t wipe teams that know how to strafe, use blocks, reflects, blinds… or just focus necro for that matter lol

i find some other classes by far more powerful than necro atm lol.. but i agree, there are reasons why necros have restrictions

All is Vain~

in Thief

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Short side story before the actual point:
I met a thief today in WvW. And I asked him, what he thinks of this revealed bug. He called me a moron and said it was already fixed… Well not for my Mesmer, it wasn’t. And I checked on my thief, it was still bugged…

The actual point:
Thieves in general, I have the feeling, are very convinced of themselves. Except for SR being screwed over by this bug, I see no reason, why you can’t adept to this change.

Thieves have an easy pass for WvW roaming anyway. Time that they are limited in some way, but they need a buff for other things to compensate. So maybe they really are trying to rework stealth. Depending on what thief gets in the expansion with and without specialization, this might be a good thing even.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Thief

Sagat.3285

60K HP is unrealistic unless you stack vitality and even then you will be sitting in 50k… doing however very low dmg

you can’t do 6-7k dmg with 60k HP, to pull such numbers you either will have to go glass or condi/crit

thankfuly necro range is not that huge actually; DS auto attack can be blind, necro can be CCd, you can just wait out ds in stealth

lichform doesn’t wipe teams that know how to strafe, use blocks, reflects, blinds… or just focus necro for that matter lol

i find some other classes by far more powerful than necro atm lol.. but i agree, there are reasons why necros have restrictions

You didn’t get it :/

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Doggie.3184

I find some other classes by far more powerful than necro atm lol.. but i agree, there are reasons why necros have restrictions

I typically don’t like sharing How2Play info as I rather everyone was awful free kill fodder because I’m lazy but~

I use Half Soldier on top of Necro’s already high HP pool + 18k Life Force (which is a 2nd health bar) that can be filled instantly with Locust Swarm and Dagger AA which is too fast for blind to care~ my DS and Dagger does in fact hit that hard in only Half Soldier and will kill people just as fast as my Thief does without the need to flank or Stealth. The trait that slows lifeforce degen lets you use it so much it me feel like it’s just a visible form of perma Stealth with range Backstabs. :P

Lichform is the god of all Elite Skills but you have to use it intelligently. Engage team battles from a distant and straight 0 their entire team dead in like 2-3 seconds by shooting from the right angle for pierce.

My Dagger range doesn’t matter too much since I can DS for 1200 and pew pew range backstabs to the face. If I lose all my lifeforce I can take it to full again before the CD is up with plenty of utility to speed that up and protect me like Spectral Armor/Walk.

The point is their playstyle is their own counter for very rational reasons. They would be too powerful otherwise. Thief on the other hand was completely designed from Stealth from the start to counter their horrible defense and HP and they would have to do a pretty major redesign to change that. They already made the trait changes and showed them to us so that isn’t going to happen. We’ll just get more Last Refuge incidences all over the place that will remain broken for 2+ years.

in Thief

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

pulls out lawn chair, a cooler, and some popcorn This is going to get very good. Anybody want a beer? Got soda too!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Thief

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Let me put this very simple for everyone that do NOT play thief, but somehow like this change because gank in WvW and affect another profession in a negative way so the others get better…..

First of all, this deletes almost a whole trait, yes I am talking about Shadow arts, if they decide that the timer have to be 5 seconds, why dont they simply remove that whole line and add another one that could actually be useful in some ways, since the shadow arts is truely a worthless trait line at this point? There simply is very little might stack while stealthed, cond remover, and you are revealed the second that refuge or Smoke Screen is done stacking up, you can’t even move while stealthed…..

In dungeons people might as well just get a mesmer or other classes, since they would be so much more useful, thief have to stack up stealth, whole party will get revealed be4 the stack is done, in either Shadow Refuge or Smoke Screen….

Yes I do get that some people like it when a profession they do not play get nerfed so that their own profession is simply a lot better……But this is taking it to far.

in Thief

Posted by: Klowde.9876

Klowde.9876

I agree with zengara,

At this point, the only thing the stealth line is useful for is venomsharing. The bug throws off all other traits in the line and seriously screws many shadow arts using thieves. I personally don’t use shadow arts, but the impact is insane in the PVE scenario; there’s really no reason to take a thief into PvE anymore, as the mass stealth was one of the staples of PvE. Thieves are typically sent to do the solo parts of dungeons, such as collecting scepter pieces in AC or getting the magmacyte (i think thats what its called) in CoF. This could happen because of long stealth durations from SR and the ability to move quickly without being noticed and quickly chain stealth. Also, the party wide stealth from SR and blasting several thief abilities were useful in places like CM.

Of course, the changes don’t impact acro thieves too much, but SR is a staple in most, if not all thief builds. I’m fine without it, since I’ve taken to using the trickster trait and using scorpion wire/ Roll for I, or using triple signets for mightstacking and percent damage increase ( I hit 4k autos with this method). People tend to forget that thieves are based on shadowsteps and stealth (it literally says so on the thief page of the guild wars 2 official site), and breaking stealth has huge implications. This literally nerfs the class to the ground for anything other than acro s/d in spvp, and even then, it greatly nerfs the team utility of SR.

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

OP states success at 1vX, then complains that 2s of revealed messes with him being able to 1vX. Guess what. You’re not supposed to be able to 1vX, so long as all players are of equal skill.

I truly hope this doesn’t get fixed, and this revealed after not-attacking stays. And I pretty much only play thief, all builds.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Yesterday I got rekt by failed steal for no valid path while standing next to the target, today I heard about the reveal bug and I logged to my thief just to get swap trinkets to my ele.

Too many bugs.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

OP states success at 1vX, then complains that 2s of revealed messes with him being able to 1vX. Guess what. You’re not supposed to be able to 1vX, so long as all players are of equal skill.

I truly hope this doesn’t get fixed, and this revealed after not-attacking stays. And I pretty much only play thief, all builds.

I’m sure they aren’t of equal skill. Most people in WvW almost turn into grazing cattle when faced with stealth.

It’s really not hard to deal with a heavy stealth thief. You can prevent stealth from everything other than blinding powder and even if you fail at that you can punish the thief if they try to come in for a backstab.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Thief

Cynz.9437

I find some other classes by far more powerful than necro atm lol.. but i agree, there are reasons why necros have restrictions

I typically don’t like sharing How2Play info as I rather everyone was awful free kill fodder because I’m lazy but~

I use Half Soldier on top of Necro’s already high HP pool + 18k Life Force (which is a 2nd health bar) that can be filled instantly with Locust Swarm and Dagger AA which is too fast for blind to care~ my DS and Dagger does in fact hit that hard in only Half Soldier and will kill people just as fast as my Thief does without the need to flank or Stealth. The trait that slows lifeforce degen lets you use it so much it me feel like it’s just a visible form of perma Stealth with range Backstabs. :P

Lichform is the god of all Elite Skills but you have to use it intelligently. Engage team battles from a distant and straight 0 their entire team dead in like 2-3 seconds by shooting from the right angle for pierce.

My Dagger range doesn’t matter too much since I can DS for 1200 and pew pew range backstabs to the face. If I lose all my lifeforce I can take it to full again before the CD is up with plenty of utility to speed that up and protect me like Spectral Armor/Walk.

The point is their playstyle is their own counter for very rational reasons. They would be too powerful otherwise. Thief on the other hand was completely designed from Stealth from the start to counter their horrible defense and HP and they would have to do a pretty major redesign to change that. They already made the trait changes and showed them to us so that isn’t going to happen. We’ll just get more Last Refuge incidences all over the place that will remain broken for 2+ years.

it all sounds good and all but won’t work vs decent team/players…. i am talking from pvp perspective however….

All is Vain~

in Thief

Doggie.3184

it all sounds good and all but won’t work vs decent team/players…. i am talking from pvp perspective however….

Yeah, that’s the point, unless you thought I was talking about a team of Karka. ;o
If you can’t make it work it’s not the class’s fault.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I doubt this is the “beginning part” of a change it doesn’t add up with anything,maybe a change but not this type.

Yeah… Stuff doesn’t magically break or bug out unless something was done on it or around it.

Elite spec stuff maybe?

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Sagat.3285

Yeah… Stuff doesn’t magically break or bug out unless something was done on it or around it.

Elite spec stuff maybe?

Of all possible slipping bugs I would expect it to be on necro,stealth is becoming more available to other classes and is used actively in group play it throws off too much at least that specific bug. The addition of the reveal trap makes it more unlikely, I don’t see the dungeon skipping argument either we possibly are not getting new dungeons or raids, it can’t be elite elite spec we already main access to stealth I would be disappointed if they mixed us with mesmer at least in more deceptive concept. I’m willing to accept it was a very unintended bug.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Elite spec stuff maybe?

Of all possible slipping bugs I would expect it to be on necro,stealth is becoming more available to other classes and is used actively in group play it throws off too much at least that specific bug. The addition of the reveal trap makes it more unlikely, I don’t see the dungeon skipping argument either we possibly are not getting new dungeons or raids, it can’t be elite elite spec we already main access to stealth I would be disappointed if they mixed us with mesmer at least in more deceptive concept. I’m willing to accept it was a very unintended bug.

Sure, let’s just say they were just refactoring…

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Sagat.3285

Elite spec stuff maybe?

Sure, let’s just say they were just refactoring…

Just for now, my time with necro didn’t make me forget about thief eh maybe this is a sign that thief elite spec is next :/

The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Elite spec stuff maybe?

I’d argue otherwise. A patch a while ago broke ranger pet passive/active such that all pets would always force-attack anything targeted or attacking the ranger, even if on passive mode. No changes have been made to AI or the ranger as a class since. It took ANet almost six weeks to roll out the solution because they had no idea what was causing the problem. The same issue also happened this patch.

A bad name or pointer can cause all sorts of errors even if in totally unrelated segments of the game.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Elite spec stuff maybe?

I’d argue otherwise. A patch a while ago broke ranger pet passive/active such that all pets would always force-attack anything targeted or attacking the ranger, even if on passive mode. No changes have been made to AI or the ranger as a class since. It took ANet almost six weeks to roll out the solution because they had no idea what was causing the problem. The same issue also happened this patch.

A bad name or pointer can cause all sorts of errors even if in totally unrelated segments of the game.

C/C++/C# problems…

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

Elite spec stuff maybe?

Hey wait, can we make pets attack the rangers they belong to? Now that would be a cool feature. The animals get tired of the oppression.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Elite spec stuff maybe?

I’ll just go along with this explanation. I don’t do a lot of coding but nothing ever seems to go right the first time, and it wouldn’t be caught before a rollout if the bug caused something else totally unrelated to what you’re working to malfunction. Especially with multiple people modifying code.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Noha.3749

Noha.3749

Dem reveals = Thief Panzer specialization confirmed.

80 Everything except Ranger & Guardian.
Theorycrafter & trickster.
Friend, father & lover!