Revealed

Revealed

in Thief

Posted by: Humble Crow.3207

Humble Crow.3207

Was just roaming around wvw recently when I got in a fight with a couple thieves. I was fighting them for a while, and overextended a bit, so I tried to stealth to back off. Long story short, I noticed I was immune to stealth for longer than I should be. Checked the revealed timer on me and found it with 21 seconds remaining.

Is there something I don’t know about that can stack 25+ seconds of revealed?

Revealed

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Stealth trap is the only thing that I know of, that can do this.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Revealed

in Thief

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

Stealth Trap. Wvw Item that is built using 10 supply.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

Revealed

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Stealth trap is one of the 2 things in the game that targets and completely shuts down an entire class mechanic. The other being Sic’ em, both targeting thieves.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Revealed

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

Stealth trap is one of the 2 things in the game that targets and completely shuts down an entire class mechanic. The other being Sic’ em, both targeting thieves.

yea thats true but… i never hear of a thief dying cause of sic’ em

Revealed

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Don’t forget Toxic Unveiling Volley, the first implementation of anti-stealth in WvW

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Revealed

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

To be fair, stealth isn’t our class mechanic, initiative is. If you took thieves out of the game, which it seems that’s the end game, stealth will still be there.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Revealed

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

To be fair, stealth isn’t our class mechanic, initiative is. If you took thieves out of the game, which it seems that’s the end game, stealth will still be there.

Stealth is one of our class mechanics – we are the only class in the game that gets additional attacks only accessible through stealth. We don’t only lose stealth when we have revealed, we lose access to BS/Sneak Attack/Surprise Shot/Tactical Strike, and in addition, the useful traits in SA are completely negated.

If all we lost was the ability to go invisible, it wouldn’t be a big deal. The fact that it completely negates any of the viable Major traits in an entire line as well as the minor traits in addition to removing access to stealth attacks mean’s it’s denying a class mechanic.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

Revealed

in Thief

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Mesmers get a lot of buffs from stealth and also get an attack from stealth with torch :p

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

Revealed

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

Mesmers get a lot of buffs from stealth and also get an attack from stealth with torch :p

Mesmer’s have 2 optional major traits in 2 seperate lines that rely on stealth (and I’m not even sure how Desperate Decoy’s “Cloak” effect interacts with revealed), and an attack which grants stealth with torch – not a special attack that they can only access from stealth with torch.

The SA line has 3 minor traits, all shut down by revealed. All of the worthwhile major traits are also shut down by revealed. Their stealth attacks are just that, special attacks only accessible via stealth.

So, clearly not comparable.

Revealed

in Thief

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Anti stealth is basically anti thief.

There’s no other mechanic in the game which targets a specific classes ability.

WHy don’t we get a penetrating armour ability, as every mesmer i fight seems to have 100 percent uptime on protection?

Revealed

in Thief

Master of Timespace.2548

Aye but… We both know Sic’ em is useless :P. Even stealth trap is only really useful to smoke trolly thieves out of keeps.

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

Revealed

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

Aye but… We both know Sic’ em is useless :P. Even stealth trap is only really useful to smoke trolly thieves out of keeps.

And we both know it’s not about the actual effect, it’s about the precedent set and the possible effects. It’s silly to introduce a hard counter into a game that completely locks out a class mechanic and potentially 30 trait points targeted at 1 class, regardless how effective it is.

It’s extremely kittenty, lazy design, and it does not bode well. Which is exactly what I said when they introduced the anti-stealth trap, and everyone said “Well, its just in WvW”.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

Revealed

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Same thing happened to me whilst roaming with another thief, a necro and a guardian sat on the trap and waited for the free loot bag. I got hit by the trap and got focused into the floor.

My roaming partner then got me up and we murdered them of course, but that’s beside the point. When 2 of the tankiest classes in the game abuse a mechanic that removes pretty much all healing, damage, condi cleanse and blinds from the squishiest class in the game just to get an easy kill, it speaks volumes about how badly balanced said mechanic is.

I’d love to see the reaction if an anti adrenaline/death shroud trap came out, but of course that wouldn’t happen since that would victimize warriors/necros…. -.-

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Revealed

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Stealth is one of our class mechanics – we are the only class in the game that gets additional attacks only accessible through stealth. We don’t only lose stealth when we have revealed, we lose access to BS/Sneak Attack/Surprise Shot/Tactical Strike, and in addition, the useful traits in SA are completely negated.

If all we lost was the ability to go invisible, it wouldn’t be a big deal. The fact that it completely negates any of the viable Major traits in an entire line as well as the minor traits in addition to removing access to stealth attacks mean’s it’s denying a class mechanic.

Unfortunately, a certain other class already deals with this problem. Namely, Rangers. Kill the pet? Congratulations, you’ve just turned off 50% of their traits and at least 5 skills that are used in conjunction with the pet. It’s why you don’t see Beastmaster builds much outside of sPvP, the blasted things die too fast in WvW and dungeons.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

Revealed

in Thief

Master of Timespace.2548

And we both know it’s not about the actual effect, it’s about the precedent set and the possible effects. It’s silly to introduce a hard counter into a game that completely locks out a class mechanic and potentially 30 trait points targeted at 1 class, regardless how effective it is.

It’s extremely kittenty, lazy design, and it does not bode well. Which is exactly what I said when they introduced the anti-stealth trap, and everyone said “Well, its just in WvW”.

Yes, I agree.

Revealed

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Solution: don’t use stealth, place stealth traps everywhere.

Revealed

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

Solution: don’t use stealth, place stealth traps everywhere.

I don’t use stealth, but you’ve entirely missed the point.

Re-read the above where I point out the issue is with the design philosophy behind introducing hard counters targeted completely are 1 class.