Ricochet... gone???

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: MasterZeigh.5832

MasterZeigh.5832

The patreon thing would be funny as hell.
I approve of it.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Well P/P feels like it can actually work very nicely with the Daredevil : big damage on interrupt trait + leap finisher on dodge (aka stealth on demand)

(edited by stof.9341)

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like Ricochet is coming back to Thief via the spec. I had hoped that Thief spec. would be with the rifle, and the reason Ricochet went away was because they were just going to make it something like “Bouncing Bullets” that worked for both pistol and rifle.

I’m not upset about staff really, think it is cool in fact. I just really hate having lost this trait as it was one of my favorites!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Shimekiri.1580

Shimekiri.1580

Kept hoping and hoping they’d do something about this mistake, atleast by the time they’d get to our elite spec. Guess I really am going to bury this game in the dusty archives and perhaps in some years come back to see if anything has changed for the better.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: MasterZeigh.5832

MasterZeigh.5832

I think it is a developer practice to not respond on feedback on their own forums on important stuff to not fuel the hate and discomfort of the people.
I noticed this with every corporation and dev.team.
Or i dont know, they are really lase or omething on a global scale.
Developers…

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

They’ve responded to plenty of other complaints and requests. This is just a refusal to admit they made a mistake, and hoping we will give up getting it back if they ignore us long enough.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I always had great fun running my P/P – SB Thief in WvW..he couldn’t take much melee, but if he was in a group and could stay at distance…he was a beast and made whole groups look around saying “Whu? Where did that come from?” Nothing like downing a big ol’ warrior form a stealth #1 and then 2 Unloads back-to-back…plus all that bounce damage would completely distract people and tag them for lots of bag drops…lol

Losing Ricochet broke my proud little Pistolier…:(

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

.. .kitten , p/p with the new evades would be rly funny , want the trait back

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: freeman.7315

freeman.7315

So we got our staff specc,it looks like it can be beneficial to P/P builds,but still nothing on Ricochet?! Karl,you are without a doubt the worst dev in Anet,you should get fired,completely out of tune with the thief,removing vital traits like its nothing.And then we dont even get a answer from you people WHY did you do it. kitten you dude

(edited by freeman.7315)

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

ricochet can make p/p a good range option which thieves can really use right now

[SA]

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

Ciao. kitten this kitten. I am rolling warrior. Idk if I’m buying HoT.. I’ll sdee about that in a few months.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

This thread shows how many devs read class forums right now. I’d do something about all the weaponsets for thieves honestly. d/p is just way too superior

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

This thread shows how many devs read class forums right now. I’d do something about all the weaponsets for thieves honestly. d/p is just way too superior

We have not gotten a single dev response about these issues whereas other professions have had tons of discussions with the devs.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Gamblit.5041

Gamblit.5041

We have not gotten a single dev response about these issues whereas other professions have had tons of discussions with the devs.

Yeah it’s just sad we can’t talk with Devs anymore.

Attachments:

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

So we got our staff specc,it looks like it can be beneficial to P/P builds,but still nothing on Ricochet?! Karl,you are without a doubt the worst dev in Anet,you should get fired,completely out of tune with the thief,removing vital traits like its nothing.And then we dont even get a answer from you people WHY did you do it. kitten you dude

It’s frustrating… but callously insulting the devs is neither making our case nor making us look very mature as the thief community. I’d rather this thread not get locked because of posts like this.

I’m super excited for this new elite spec (can’t wait to try out staff), but I’m also hoping that there’s enough ideas in this thread and others so that Anet can start drumming up a Gunslinger elite spec when they’re ready to work on the next batch of elite spec lines.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

… I’m also hoping that there’s enough ideas in this thread and others so that Anet can start drumming up a Gunslinger elite spec when they’re ready to work on the next batch of elite spec lines.

Seabreeze, respect for starting this thread, but IMHO this thread needs to stay on the topic of needing Ricochet back. Not “changes I’d like to see to thief weapons” or “what would be a good replacement other than Ricochet”. It should continue to be people voicing their opinions on the title of the thread: Ricochet…gone?

People have voiced their discontent with the removal of Ricochet on this thread over and over, and the ONLY way we’re going to get it back, is to continue to voice our discontent. That’s how – let’s see rough guess – 90% of the changes in this game came to be: people whining and complaining.

Is it mature? Patient? Doesn’t matter. It’s what works and obviously the overwhelming response on this thread is that Ricochet needs to be put back in the game. So we gotta stick to what works.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

Guys it’s time to suit up !

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

… I’m also hoping that there’s enough ideas in this thread and others so that Anet can start drumming up a Gunslinger elite spec when they’re ready to work on the next batch of elite spec lines.

Seabreeze, respect for starting this thread, but IMHO this thread needs to stay on the topic of needing Ricochet back. Not “changes I’d like to see to thief weapons” or “what would be a good replacement other than Ricochet”. It should continue to be people voicing their opinions on the title of the thread: Ricochet…gone?

People have voiced their discontent with the removal of Ricochet on this thread over and over, and the ONLY way we’re going to get it back, is to continue to voice our discontent. That’s how – let’s see rough guess – 90% of the changes in this game came to be: people whining and complaining.

Is it mature? Patient? Doesn’t matter. It’s what works and obviously the overwhelming response on this thread is that Ricochet needs to be put back in the game. So we gotta stick to what works.

True, but what if the devs are adamant about not bringing Ricochet back (or at least bringing it back exactly as it was)? If they’ve put their foot down on this, then there’s nothing we can say that’ll bring it back. That’s why I’m wracking my brain trying to come up with alternative ways to keep our once-beloved AoE DPS and sustain. Personally I like the idea of having a trait like Ricochet function like the DH’s longbow AA where it bounces to enemies behind your target. I tried the DH, and that mechanic seemed so forgiving that I could swear some of those arrows actually bounced forward.

I miss Ricochet terribly, and I think (and hope) that Anet knows this by now. If they actually do bring it back the way it was before, that’d be a pleasant surprise. Otherwise, we may have no choice but to consider alternatives, and I’d be satisfied with a new version of the Ricochet trait that had that bouncing behind your target mechanic.

Also, I liked having the 10% damage bonus before it was lumped with Ankle Shots.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Moderator.3204

Moderator.3204

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.