At least hybrid.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Given there little use for a Condition build in the CS line and that while DrD favors power but can certainly help condition builds, I expect they will make it so a condition build can benefit from the new traitline as well.

I just can not see why a new traitline would work for only one build type.

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Condi. Daredevil (aside from lotus training) had nothing for condi, and given pistol has condi on its AA and sneak attack, I think that’s where rifle will go too.

Edit: It will have stuff for power builds in the traitline, but the rifle will be a condi weapon.

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

If you put the weapons on a spectrum, you get something like:
Power → Condi
Staff, S/D, S/P, D/P, P/P, SB, D/D, P/D.

If you put SB as the fulcrum between condi and power, there’s quite a few openings on the hybrid-condi and extreme condi spots. Rifle could fill either of those openings. There’s a case to be made for hybrid-condi as it increases versatility and power makes sense on a rifle when looking at Engineer and Warrior. It could also be extreme condi as a counter point to Staff and because Engineer and Warrior Rifles are already heavily leaning towards Power. Anet has shown a desire to open up stat arrays to different weapons, like Warrior’s Mace having a condi niche. If Thief’s Rifle is supposed to be 1200 range, conditions could be used to mitigate burst from stealth and range. Then again, it could also work like a shotgun. Either way, burning and blind are easy to associate with Rifle, so burning on AA or Stealth attack plus a “[condition] on blind” and some blinding skills could give Rifle that niche.

Fishsticks

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

bearshaman.3421

A 1200 range condi weapon would be awesome, and would fit the idea of the name Deadshot (obvious sniper reference) and as a counterpoint to Staff. We don’t have a full on condi weapon, so this would be awesome to have finally.

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

noo pls not more godkitten condi.

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

bearshaman.3421

noo pls not more godkitten condi.

to each their own

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I mean if they do it well it could be a functional utility weapon with trait options for both.

I don’t see a reason why it needs to inherently favor one or the other so long as options for both are logical and accessible.

Which is pretty much the basis of what I proposed.

Since it’s ANet, I’m going to have to expect it’ll be a condi-heavy kit with some kind of high-power stealth attack just to further break the game on both ends.

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

Posted by: Adoninilol.3180

Adoninilol.3180

Condi thief is way funner to play than the stupid staff spec. Also i’m hoping it’s a combo of both, like dagger. Where one skill is condi and the auto attack has an bleeding attack. Hopefully the new abilites are good as well. Although if the new spec had a condi part it would be super op, being able to have super high damage on melee and ranged.

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

Adoninilol.3180

I also hope it’s condi because our other high damage ranged ability is pistol/pistol which is power damage.

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

pretty sure it going to be a long range short bow lol.

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

Posted by: CynicalFred.9135

CynicalFred.9135

good god i hope it’s not a condi thing.
It’s a godkitten sniper, you don’t play a sniper to take potshots at your enemy and hope they bleed to death you play a sniper for massive huge damage from range.

I’m fine with some condi support but considering that the majority of the ranged options for thief are already at least condi leaning….. If they do make it a condi weapon/spec i think i’m going to pass on the expansion unless the torch necro offers something really surprisingly good.

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

We all know that rifle is going to be a melee range support weapon.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Rifle Condi or Power?

in Thief

Adoninilol.3180

good god i hope it’s not a condi thing.
It’s a godkitten sniper, you don’t play a sniper to take potshots at your enemy and hope they bleed to death you play a sniper for massive huge damage from range.

I’m fine with some condi support but considering that the majority of the ranged options for thief are already at least condi leaning….. If they do make it a condi weapon/spec i think i’m going to pass on the expansion unless the torch necro offers something really surprisingly good.

This is also a game where i stab someone around 1000x and magically they are still alive lol. Regardless i think condi would be super cool, the power dardevil spec is really terribly designed.

It has no real purpose over standard d/d. It’s literally even less interesting than play than d/d.

Oh yes all the skill required to play daredevil ! Let me dodge into the mob un-target it and press 2 after every 3 auto attack chains. Frankly the fact i have to un-target and look down for weakening charge to hit 3 times is really annoying and an artificial skill implementation.

I’m hoping this allows us to actually use all the skills on the rifle and makes us switch over to another weapon like d/d to make an actual rotation, perhaps allow us to switch to different rifles as like a temp weapon ~