Rifle Kneeling #4

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Needs to have increased initiative cost based on your malice. It’s too strong, 12k damage and also spammable.

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Needs to have increased initiative cost based on your malice. It’s too strong, 12k damage and also spammable.

There’s a giant orange line that says dodge now…. If you die to this ability I don’t know what to say.

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

12k? I was hitting 20k consistently with the PvP armory

Fishsticks

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

People actually get hit by it? lol.

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

People actually get hit by it? lol.

in wvw fights, its hard not to lol, even with the lazer scope pointing at you, you cant have endurance up ALL of the time. but speaking of pvp or 1v1 then well. i dunno. also its hard to see the orange beam in some locations, especially desert borderlands

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

A lot conditions need to be met for that damage to go through

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: BoX Legend.4027

BoX Legend.4027

Are you a world boss? I just don’t understand how you managed to get hit by that ability. Also, spammable? It takes a deadeye at the least 10 seconds to charge up that shot, and forces them to be rooted in place for its duration. If they somehow have full initiative, they will get to shoot twice. If they want to guarantee a crit, they can only fire once. This is the buildup shot, the all or nothing ability. If they miss, you can kill them. If you die to this it’s because either A: the thief has outplayed you, using other high dodge chance skills (kneeling rifle 3) to blow your dodges, you have exhausted your blocks on his other attacks, you no longer have any gap closers as you’ve used them only to be evaded, and all of your stun breaks are on cc just as he locks you down and fires, emptying his initiative bar for the kill. Or, more likely, B: you didn’t dodge it and died. Maybe you were in a fight with someone else, or maybe you just aren’t too great at watching for tells.

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Its fun seeing a DE try to hit a spellbreaker right when they pop their AoE denial then chase them down after that skill 4 (did it a few times), BUT I also tagged a few people with the skill 4 on DE in WvW who were engaged in a fight with others. I think its more of a mindset change that needs to happen with those that play DE.

More patience and setting up ambushes than active play that thieves have been so used to. even just 2 DE tagging up on someone can be enough of a vex at range.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Someone got kittened down.

Anyways 20k damage is baby talk. I’ve hit 43k

Its fun seeing a DE try to hit a spellbreaker right when they pop their AoE denial then chase them down after that skill 4 (did it a few times), BUT I also tagged a few people with the skill 4 on DE in WvW who were engaged in a fight with others. I think its more of a mindset change that needs to happen with those that play DE.

More patience and setting up ambushes than active play that thieves have been so used to. even just 2 DE tagging up on someone can be enough of a vex at range.

I think you’re able to use the utility “Shadow Step” while you are channeling number 4. If you can, you can invade their “No no zone” and tag them with number 4 to finish them off. And shadow step out again.

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: Rong.5470

Rong.5470

Ok :’) Like srsly? First generate malice for over 10s, spam #3 to get some might, #4 and out of initiative and pray someone wont block/ reflect/ evade.
Are you thief player or just get rekt by one???

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Someone got kittened down.

Anyways 20k damage is baby talk. I’ve hit 43k

I think you’re able to use the utility “Shadow Step” while you are channeling number 4. If you can, you can invade their “No no zone” and tag them with number 4 to finish them off. And shadow step out again.

Yes, but when timed with a reflecting shield block its like the days I’d reflect the warrior rifle burst back at them. Good times.

Granted unless some other major changes happen this will be the only weekend I play these classes because i don’t see myself buying the expansion at this time.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Are you a world boss? I just don’t understand how you managed to get hit by that ability. Also, spammable? It takes a deadeye at the least 10 seconds to charge up that shot, and forces them to be rooted in place for its duration. If they somehow have full initiative, they will get to shoot twice. If they want to guarantee a crit, they can only fire once. This is the buildup shot, the all or nothing ability. If they miss, you can kill them. If you die to this it’s because either A: the thief has outplayed you, using other high dodge chance skills (kneeling rifle 3) to blow your dodges, you have exhausted your blocks on his other attacks, you no longer have any gap closers as you’ve used them only to be evaded, and all of your stun breaks are on cc just as he locks you down and fires, emptying his initiative bar for the kill. Or, more likely, B: you didn’t dodge it and died. Maybe you were in a fight with someone else, or maybe you just aren’t too great at watching for tells.

If you want to guarantee a crit, all you have to do is Mark them and fire. Any thief worth his weight in salty tears will have at least a 60% crit chance. Fury adds 20% more, and kneeling adds another 20%

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Anet went out of their way to make as many tells as possible for Deadeye’s abilities. It’s not our fault if other players don’t make good use of it. The class is about patience and landing the right hit at the right time. If we pull that off and 12k them then that’s just us doing the job they gave us correctly while the enemy failed to do theirs.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Don’t get me wrong, I was the one playing the deadeye first. After that I asked my friend to choose deadeye to show him that it’s possible to dodge it only by sound(it makes a weird sound).
This isn’t a rant it’s feedback. Sure it’s easy to dodge it, but at some point you won’t have endurance or blocks left so you end up getting hit by it.
However once we are able to reflect those shots it’ll be all good, but I think the bug will stay until release.

Rifle Kneeling #4

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Rifle 4 is mediocre at best. It isn’t spam-able at all, takes a while to build up malice, and gives players an audio indicator of when to dodge. It is 100% the definition of a noob killer. Rifle 3 on the other hand is easily spam-able, hits for big numbers, and requires zero malice. There’s an argument to be made for toning down rifle 3, but rifle 4? It’s only been a day and most deadeyes I’ve faced have already realized it’s pointless setting up for a rifle 4 burst when you can just spam 3…

(edited by Doomdesire.9365)