Rifle for Thieves

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: BFMV.3198

BFMV.3198

Since new weaponskills and weapons will probably be on the horizon soon – well i would hope as it is getting rather boring with the same old weapons, I decided to come up with some ideas for rifles for thieves.

Lets see what you guys think

Rifle is high single target damage meant to pick out high priority targets from a long range.

- All 1200 range
Skill 1: Sniper Shot – 3/4 second cast
Shoot a bullet that deal more damage the further away you are Inflicts one stack of vulnerability.

Skill 2: Shadows Retreat – 3 Initiative –
Shadow step away from your foe and blast them with a crippling shot

Skill 3: Furious Shot – 4 Initiative – ½ cast
Fire a piercing shot that grants fury for 5 seconds.

Skill 4: Shot from Shadows – 5 initiative – ½ cast
Stun you foe with a powerful shot – stun duration 1 second

Skill 5: Meld with Shadows – 6 initiative
Gain an active camouflage for 3 seconds that is broken when movement occurs. Gain 5 stacks of might for 5 seconds. Your next attack deals +20% damage.

Skill 6: Stealth Skill – 1-2 second channel
- Headshot – 1500 range
Fire a brutal shot that deals high damage. Also dazes your foe for 2 seconds.

(edited by BFMV.3198)

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Sons.5493

Sons.5493

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Next-Weapon-Set-Rifle/first#post2516746

Stop coming with new skills, this will be the best and only skillset Anet will implement.

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Next-Weapon-Set-Rifle/first#post2516746

Stop coming with new skills, this will be the best and only skillset Anet will implement.

Way to shoot someone down.

Just because that is YOUR opinion, doesn’t mean it’s correct.
There’s no harm in suggesting other things, that’s why the option is there.

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Like most rifle suggestions, it is exactly the sort of weapon that is no fun to play against.

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I wondered why thieves didn’t get a rifle with sniper-like skills. But if you think about it, thieves are usually quiet, stealthy, and shadowstepping everywhere. A rifle in this game is noisy and cumbersome.

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I’d really like to see offhand sword or melee staff first, to be perfectly honest. But the shortbow’s range limitation is definitely an irritation in PvE.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Like most rifle suggestions, it is exactly the sort of weapon that is no fun to play against.

Exactly, for a thief to have an auto attack which ramps UP damage with higher range is silly. I’d love to see the thief get a melee staff, axe, or even offhand sword. But thief rifle would be more gamebreaking than some… existing thief mechanics.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: infynity.5284

infynity.5284

I wondered why thieves didn’t get a rifle with sniper-like skills. But if you think about it, thieves are usually quiet, stealthy, and shadowstepping everywhere. A rifle in this game is noisy and cumbersome.

The above post is intelligent. The topic post is not.

Some of these skills suggested are insane really. Forget the dmg! 10s Fury and Might from an attack skill for a thief! are you kidding LOL and its in stacks. Perma stealth without even needing to position, jump or use and attack to gain a combo effect!? No skill at all. To top it off you suggest a literal 1-hit ability than nobody will know is coming and no way to dodge. Skills with Daze and Stun for 2s and no cool down? Please…

I’m sorry this post sounds like a 10 year old’s soldier fantasy. Can’t you see how overpowered some of those creations are dude. Its true, a thief would look so awesome roaming with a blunderbuss, but somehow to me it just doesn’t fit our profile. We are not an ‘Assassin’ or a ‘Sniper’. All this banter on top of the fact that I still drool over the want of a rifle for the thief in this game

A ranger should have received the rifle along with the short and long bow to fit their ‘Hunter’-like profile and that’s why I believe they will inevitably get it but not a thief. What we do deserve is a trait to boost short-bow range to 1200 (honestly devs we really do deserve this) included with a 5-10% dmg buff, having its dodge ability fixed and the kitten cast times set to the same rate as a ranger’s bow abilities.

Peace

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Noooope.

I’ve you’d ever encountered a thief + rifle warrior roaming together you’d know that in no way do stealth + long-range mega damage attacks (Killshot) mix to create a fun game.

Rolling killshot and stealth into one class is probably the worst suggestion I’ve ever read on these forums.

Just imagine I was suggesting we give a stealth utility to warriors… thats how bad it sounds.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

BFMV.3198

Noooope.

I’ve you’d ever encountered a thief + rifle warrior roaming together you’d know that in no way do stealth + long-range mega damage attacks (Killshot) mix to create a fun game.

Rolling killshot and stealth into one class is probably the worst suggestion I’ve ever read on these forums.

Just imagine I was suggesting we give a stealth utility to warriors… thats how bad it sounds.

These skills were just ideas and I never said add killshot to stealth. I left the damage and everything out, just some basic skill ideas were put down. Sure, some were probably OP in heinsite but it would be nice to see a rifle on a thief, even if the skills were nothing like this. We lack a 1200 range weapon and a rifle would fit so nicely into long range damage and really give us that stealthy feel as we pick off targets.

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I’d love a staff of any sort on a Thief.

I used to play Assassin with a staff and Deadly Arts, it looked so funky :’)
Guildwars 1 ofcourse.

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Tircainen.7169

Tircainen.7169

I don’t really get, why people are so obsessed with rifles for Thieves. It’s like everybody follows the rule how Snipers are the “coolest thing” in any FPS.
We are in a Fantasy World, not on Battlefield. We are Thieves. We are stealthy, sneaky, we love the shinies!
Anything else but a torch as a first next weapon would seem very odd to me. I was actually surprised in Beta, when I realized, it wasn’t one of our standard weapons.
And you could do a lot with it.

Let anybody else be marksman. Get in there.

Rifle for Thieves

in Thief

BFMV.3198

I don’t really get, why people are so obsessed with rifles for Thieves. It’s like everybody follows the rule how Snipers are the “coolest thing” in any FPS.
We are in a Fantasy World, not on Battlefield. We are Thieves. We are stealthy, sneaky, we love the shinies!
Anything else but a torch as a first next weapon would seem very odd to me. I was actually surprised in Beta, when I realized, it wasn’t one of our standard weapons.
And you could do a lot with it.

Let anybody else be marksman. Get in there.

Because rifles would be such a cool weapon for thieves to have. Think about it. Would you like to use a rifle in gw2 as a thief. I sure would.

Also, as a first next weapon, I could see a Kyoketsu-shoge [or something whip like], offhand sword, and a 1200 range weapon [rifle or longbow] being implemented.

(edited by BFMV.3198)