Roll thief for deadeye or stay ranger?

in Thief

Posted by: Tea.2740

Tea.2740

I’ve been playing ranger the most and was interested in the new deadeye specialization as it seems fun to be sniping people. The new soulbeast seems ok but I feel like its a bit…. underwhelming…? I havn’t tested either of these myself which is why I’m asking others opinion. Never played thief before but it seems fun due to mobility of the staff specialization too. I’m just wondering is it worth it to roll a thief for deadeye/daredevil or just stick to ranger? I’m a PvX player mostly open PvE and WvW just curious how thief deals with each compared to ranger. Thanks

in Thief

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

PvE – Play whatever you want.
WvW – Deadeye will never reach roaming capability of Daredevil, and won’t find a use in zergs, duo to all the projectile hate. Even without rifle, deadeye doesn’t bring any sustain daredevil won’t do better.
But I can see it for trolling.
Try daredevil, but won’t get disappointed with deadeye.

in Thief

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

If you want fast and deadly at range gameplay, stick to ranger – because unless they address a lot of DE problems, lb soulbeast is far deadlier than DE.

in Thief

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Don’t bother asking questions like these till some time after the release. We don’t know the live changes, nor has anyone had time to fully figure out the class other than get an -idea- of what it can do.

As for the comment about WvW, they perform well enough in Zergs. They are particularly good at smashing people in choke points and amazing on high ground so far. They are also good at killing people who are gliding.

PvP: Like the first note I made, no one has figured out how to play him. If it gives you an idea, “pro” players will just smash tripple tap when they have the initiative for it when there was a more efficient option available… then they will caw and haw about how bad DE is. However, I’ve also seen videos where players have put DE Rifle through the ropes and had just smashed games without spamming tripple tap the entire time.

Also, don’t compare it to DD. Too many people got it in their head that DE is supposed to be better than DD, when they both functionally do very different things and have very different play-styles. I’ve seen DE’s kill DD’s just fine despite everything people say. If anything, they should be par if you put effort in learning it.

(edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497)

in Thief

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

Always, always, try new Professions.
Go roll Thief and See. Roll Daredevil and See. Roll Deadeye and you will See.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

deadeye will be next ghost thief

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Pretty much. The siren call of the Ghosteye is nigh.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

Don’t bother asking questions like these till some time after the release. We don’t know the live changes, nor has anyone had time to fully figure out the class other than get an -idea- of what it can do.

As for the comment about WvW, they perform well enough in Zergs. They are particularly good at smashing people in choke points and amazing on high ground so far. They are also good at killing people who are gliding.

PvP: Like the first note I made, no one has figured out how to play him. If it gives you an idea, “pro” players will just smash tripple tap when they have the initiative for it when there was a more efficient option available… then they will caw and haw about how bad DE is. However, I’ve also seen videos where players have put DE Rifle through the ropes and had just smashed games without spamming tripple tap the entire time.

Also, don’t compare it to DD. Too many people got it in their head that DE is supposed to be better than DD, when they both functionally do very different things and have very different play-styles. I’ve seen DE’s kill DD’s just fine despite everything people say. If anything, they should be par if you put effort in learning it.

I’d love to have a conversation with you, beside your usual “we can’t know” and “I saw bad players get stomped” and simply ignoring what your opponent says.