Rune: Traveler vs Divinity

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

This is mainly for WvW burst specced. Currently I have 6 x superior divinity runes which gives me +60 all stats 10% crit dmg. However, gameplay feels smoother if I am able to have 25% runspeed, though I am limiting myself If I use runspeed signet.
What is your take on changing out Divnity with Traveler? 6 of traveler would give me +30 all stats, 6% crit dmg, 15% boon duration, 10% condi duration and 25% runspeed.

The crazy gold price aside, would this be optional? Im considering it cuz I feel at a disadv with runspeed signet, whereas I could be using some more useful that also my traits would benefit from.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Thief

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

Divinity has always been overrated for thief…

Switch to traveler if you want an extra utility skill.

Thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

the 25% movement speed from traveler rune is only out of combat as far as i know
the 15% boon duration is good if you got signets of power or 25 points in SA/ might on dodge , or boons from Steal.
If you run with low acces to boons /fully direct damage, traveler won’t help you very much.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

It wouldn’t make sense for traveler runes to be limited to out of combat only.

I’m in a similar situation as the OP and am currently running Runes of the Ogre.

Divinity Runes just aren’t that great imo because Orbs give you more of stats you actually need, and they are virtually free. Thieves just don’t benefit much from “all stats” so Orbs are a much better choice.

As for traveler runes…that’s a tricky one. It saves you a utility slot…and possibly a Major Trait (if you have 50% faster in Stealth). On the other hand you won’t gain much from Swiftness if you are zerging frequently.

Imo they are only worth it if you do actually run with Singet of Shadow a lot of the time, even in combat. If you switch it for fights and while zerging, then travelers aren’t worth it.

in Thief

Posted by: Pizzel.8470

Pizzel.8470

Look at rune 6 piece when in combat. It greys out. I do think its in combat only.

Its fine. Still worth it to me. I love having a free utility to use different skills.

3570K @4.2 560 TI, 212 evo, Hyper X 128gb ssd Haf 912 Biostar tz77

in Thief

Posted by: Sneek.6504

Sneek.6504

I am currently using travelers and have tested them. They do work in and out of combat.

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Thank you for that Sneek. Yeah I ended up buying 6 travelers, I cant stand running without 25%, esp solo.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Why would you use divinity? The only reason to use them was in beta where each one of
them gave you 3% insteat of 2% on your crit dmg.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

If you replaced Signet of Shadows with Assassin signet you’d end up with more power than you lost. Either way, having a 3rd utility slot is fricken awesome as ****. I love it.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I’m in the same boat as a few folks on here, I run d/d and had runes of divinity. I ran signet of shadows just for the speed, never popped it or anything. Switched to travelers and now run assassin signet for extra power. Doesn’t feel much different in terms of running speed. Go with the travelers if you use signet of shadow a lot. I looked at my stats before and after and i only lost a little bit of toughness, vitality, crit damage (100 down to 94). But i got more power so i’m doing more damage overall.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB