Runes of the Scrapper>Runes of the Daredevil

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

So Anet added some new Runes to the game for the Elite Specializations and it turns out, Runes of the Scrapper are actually REALLY good for a Staff Daredevil. You get increased damage reduction if you’re withing 600 range of an enemy, plus extra toughness and power. Running these runes, you’re free to pick up Havoc Master to deal more damage in close range plus use Dash for mobility+Swiftness. This is ideal for a brawler kind of Staff playstyle as you get a ton of damage reduction combined with Dash.

Just throwing it out there for ya!

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

where are these runes found and or any information on other added runes/sigils?

in Thief

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Rune of the Berserker caught my eye more.

in Thief

Posted by: Zerrin.4305

Zerrin.4305

You don’t mean ’ > ’ that means greater, I thought you meant it was some kind of rune that destroyed our new elite spec already lol.

Sounds cool though

in Thief

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

That’s a tough decision between the two runes.

You can either go Scrapper + havoc master for -7% damage and +7% damage.

Or you can go Daredevil + weakening strikes for -10% damage and ??% damage from the crits after dodging. I think I like the idea of being able to almost perma-weakness my target via Lotus Poison + weakening strikes a lot.

Vipassana

in Thief

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

ya are these purchased off a npc, drops, crafted etc ?

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

You unlock the ability to craft them through dumping hero points into your elite spec.

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Scrapper runes, weakening strikes, and dash will give 27% damage reduction plus fumble for 77% reduction every other attack. Steal some protection and you will be insanely hard to kill. 100% reduction on fumbles and 60% on all other attacks. This could actually be a decent bunker if you can cleanse conditions well enough.

in Thief

Rain.9213

Scrapper runes, weakening strikes, and dash will give 27% damage reduction plus fumble for 77% reduction every other attack. Steal some protection and you will be insanely hard to kill. 100% reduction on fumbles and 60% on all other attacks. This could actually be a decent bunker if you can cleanse conditions well enough.

Yeah its pretty crazy the amount of damage you can mitigate on Daredevil Glass cannon no more!

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Yeah its pretty crazy the amount of damage you can mitigate on Daredevil Glass cannon no more!

I’m waiting to see or face this possibility hehe.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Zoltan.8132

Zoltan.8132

So how exactly can we craft this? Not seeing any on TP.

in Thief

Rain.9213

Not exactly sure yet. I want to know though! I need these runes

in Thief

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

Ya I couldn’t find anything on a listed reddit link in another post about HOW TO SPECIFICALLY ACQUIRE THESE RUNES.

Maybe I dont see it because I havent unlocked all of the DD stuff? But I dont see it in my DD trait training….

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

in Thief

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

Ive unlocked everything, still couldnt find owt. dunno if im blind -.-’

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

You can buy these runes at the TP if desperate for 7 gold each on daredevil therebouts and 6 gold each scrapper therebouts.

in Thief

Posted by: IDICERI.4268

IDICERI.4268

You can buy these runes at the TP if desperate for 7 gold each on daredevil therebouts and 6 gold each scrapper therebouts.

Scrapper runes were almost 10 times the price they are now when they first came out. Wait until Friday they’ll go down a lot more.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Einstein

in Thief

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Yes besides unlocking the mastery spec how do you get thew recipe for this ?

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in Thief

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

Well for those looking, I’ve done a lot of looking as well. You can only access the recipe after you’ve unlocked all of your elite training, the whole line. You get a chest, which for me contained “Daredevil’s Scarf” with a daredevil rune in it, exotic head piece.

I then went to the Laurel Vendor and purchased the recipe for 1 laurel and…. 80s? Under the Achievement tab (I think it’s the bottom one in the UI).

Ran around with 2 necros last night doing a lot of the HP’s in the maps. Ninja’d some Mastery & HP’s as per classic Thief style, feelin good…. until they started talking about casually getting 7k non crits =(.

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Well for those looking, I’ve done a lot of looking as well. You can only access the recipe after you’ve unlocked all of your elite training, the whole line. You get a chest, which for me contained “Daredevil’s Scarf” with a daredevil rune in it, exotic head piece.

I then went to the Laurel Vendor and purchased the recipe for 1 laurel and…. 80s? Under the Achievement tab (I think it’s the bottom one in the UI).

Ran around with 2 necros last night doing a lot of the HP’s in the maps. Ninja’d some Mastery & HP’s as per classic Thief style, feelin good…. until they started talking about casually getting 7k non crits =(.

Not sure on your meaning as how to acquire the recipe. I did in fact get the daredevils helm with a rune attached but the laurel vendor sells no such recipe. Further to that when I look at my crafting I somehow gained “Superior Rune of the Dragonhunter” which I can now craft.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: ViciousFire.9137

ViciousFire.9137

Is the recipe account bound?

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

recipie is account bound. It’s sort of like the LS2 achievements adding stuff to the SW vendors. You level a scrapper, and you can now get the recipie from the vendor for anyone on your acct, same for all the other elite spec runes.

Also, scrapper runes are great. I’ve started using unicorn in PvP again, and with lotus, scrapper runes, and that evade buff they added to deathblossom I can really stand toe to toe with other builds now by just playing defensively. It’s a much more fun build to play now, as you make openings and do 2 or 3 deathblossoms when you land a stun, and save some init so you can react to their attacks with a db, evading it and stacking more bleeds, while the lotus daggers give you some passive pressure, increase your damage and keep them crippled to keep fights close while the scrapper runes compliment the extra HP from carrior runes and top off your white damage so you can get some decent numbers from heartseeker to finish off low HP guys.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Unfortunately to me they are toughness based. Had either of these been Vitality based they would be fantastic. I still haven’t found a defense/offence balanced rune set to beat Exuberance.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Rain.9213

Unfortunately to me they are toughness based. Had either of these been Vitality based they would be fantastic. I still haven’t found a defense/offence balanced rune set to beat Exuberance.

Well they added Marauder stats to PVE/WvW now so you can get vitality from those and then run scrapper runes That’s what I’m gonna do.

in Thief

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Decided to take the plunge and went 6 piece new marauders with scrapper runes, zerker weapons/jewelery, and specced DD/crit/acro lines last nigh since I was getting tired of getting instantly killed in HoT pve. I use staff and p/p now and it’s done wonders with my surviability without effecting my damage all that much. Really glad I did this. Perma swiftness, dodges for days, better healing, ok dps, and better survivability makes the new zones much more managable now for me. Just a thought.

(edited by fixit.7189)