S/D & P/D in WvW and PvE?

in Thief

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

So out of most weapons I prefer S/D & P/D, I was wondering is it even possible to be a Hybrid Thief that does well in Condition and Melee Damage? If so How good is it in WvW roaming 1v1 and PvE Dungeons?

in Thief

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

So out of most weapons I prefer S/D & P/D, I was wondering is it even possible to be a Hybrid Thief that does well in Condition and Melee Damage? If so How good is it in WvW roaming 1v1 and PvE Dungeons?

I actually ran a glassy hybrid to get the best of both worlds using rampager’s gear for a while. It worked ok, until people all started slotting condition cleanses. Now it seems conditions for thief are just too weak since we don’t maintain enough types to prevent condition cleasing from taking our dps conditions off regularly.

~Shadowkat

in Thief

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

I dont think that Condition works that well on WvW, just like Adaneshade said; it works really well on PvE though

About melee damage, it works great on both WvW and PvE from what I’ve experienced

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

It was good until the most recent stealth nerf where you could Maintain 11-12bleeds on you opponent, now you can only maintain 7-8bleeds. You can still do ok but its not that great anymore.

~Shikamaru X

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Adaneshade.2409

It was good until the most recent stealth nerf where you could Maintain 11-12bleeds on you opponent, now you can only maintain 7-8bleeds. You can still do ok but its not that great anymore.

~Shikamaru X

D/D condi builds can still maintain 15-20 stacks but they aren’t nearly as popular as P/D for obvious reasons.

~Shadowkat

in Thief

Posted by: Jakkson.4076

Jakkson.4076

Hi!

I’ve actually played with a couple of builds since the patch (nerf) and I have found a P/D and S/D build that works great…you get the element of surprise with the S/D that can make the difference in a fight and get the AOE damage you want when fighting zergs…PM me I’ll send you the build as it is somewhat unusual ;-)

Don’t hate the player hate the game

in Thief

Adaneshade.2409

Glad to see people using unusual builds. It’s good for the health of the class.

~Shadowkat

in Thief

Posted by: LordSlack.4685

LordSlack.4685

I’d love to see an skill or ability that drove Bleed conditions to the bottom of the pile on a target. Pop skill, inflict vulnerability, move bleed to bottom under vuln and poison. It would be a tricky and strategic skill to make sure enemies cleanse other conditions first. Sure they could still cleanse the bleed with a little extra effort, but it gives it a chance to tick a few more times.

in Thief

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

~Shikamaru X

Long time no see.

Still on IoJ?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Roaming in WvW is not as fun as it used to anymore, even after trying to adapt to the +1s revealed by going S/D and P/P. There’s just no other way to mitigate the damage received nor prevent the damage dealt from getting healed.

Sure fights are longer and more interesting and fun, but lengthening the fight usually never ends in our favor.

I want Sneak Attacks to be available outside Stealth as long as the attack is coming from the sides or back, then they can nerf stealth to the ground for all I care.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I want Sneak Attacks to be available outside Stealth as long as the attack is coming from the sides or back, then they can nerf stealth to the ground for all I care.

They should change shadow strike to have a sneak-attack-like shot at the end, maybe alternation between conditions (Bleed/Poison/Bleed/Poison/Bleed for example). And lower the damage. Or do people actually run P/D in direct damage/hybrid specs?