S/D S/D new meta?! (Subterfuge's build)

in Thief

Posted by: coverdale.8903

coverdale.8903

Disclaimer: This is very much a QQ post

With the recent buffs/nerfs to teefs I’m sure that eventually a lot of players will try to take advantage of the new flanking strike. I thought that the build which I am about to post may eventually become popular and so it would make sense to label it with my name before anyone else

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQRAsY8Yl0Mp3pVOxwJ8PNBNh4d4vl1KQ3HLOE-TJxHwADOJAa2fAwTAQZZAA

There it is! A true masterpiece, if I may say so myself. With this build you gain 22 initiative every 20s for all your dodging needs. That is 11 flanking strikes every 44s.

Quick pockets: 3 initiative every 10s
Quick recovery: 1 initiative every 10s
Kleptomaniac: 2 initiative every 20s

With all the weapon swapping and dodging I am certain that this build would maintain at least 15 stacks of might in combat.

The playstyle would involve waiting till your opponent uses all his heavy hitters on you, dodge them and then close the gap to deal damage (tickle him if you don’t crit)

The main source of QQ for S/D was the insane amount of dodges (and steal in conjunction with the trickery traitline) which were ironically buffed. GG Anet.

If this build somehow becomes the meta, I demand that it be named after me.
#Patented

Build 2:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAsYVl0Mp3pVOxwJ8PNBNh4d4vl1KQ3HLOE-TJxHwADOFAa2fAwTAQZZAA

(edited by coverdale.8903)

in Thief

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Someone else already used this build before to troll around in one of the first ESL’s.. So no, not yours :p

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in Thief

coverdale.8903

Thats not fair! That was before the flanking strike changes. Also, if he is known as ‘somebody’ I’m sure we can stamp my name over his

I also doubt he had strength runes :P

(edited by coverdale.8903)

in Thief

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Haha, yeah I think that guy quitted GW2 since its been over 6 months already..

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

This is more or less an exact copy of Jumpers build from when S/D first got fixed (when FS first got split).

Yes, you can troll with it. No, it wont be of any use in tPvP – Even Jumper ditched it, and he was excellent with it. The only role thief can fill in tPvP is roamer – can’t roam without a shortbow.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

coverdale.8903

This is more or less an exact copy of Jumpers build from when S/D first got fixed (when FS first got split).

Jumper had 6 points critical strikes =3 so I can still call this build mineeeee!

in Thief

coverdale.8903

Yes, you can troll with it. No, it wont be of any use in tPvP – Even Jumper ditched it, and he was excellent with it. The only role thief can fill in tPvP is roamer – can’t roam without a shortbow.

Problem solved! Added build 2 =3
Instead of flanking strike spam 3 on shortbow!

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

Now you’re in the “doesn’t do enough damage” camp. The only way you’re taking full advantage of quick pockets is to constantly swap. Now you’re running ShBow, so half the time you’re doing subpar single target damage, on top of already doing pretty poor damage since you no longer have Air/Fire runes, and add on top of that less LS’s (since you’re spending alot of init to dodge spam).

Maybe the additional might stacks will help mitigate the crappy damage, but I doubt it. Most likely just a troll build.

in Thief

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Well it’s true quick pockets might see a return, hard to give up shortbow though.

in Thief

coverdale.8903

Now you’re in the “doesn’t do enough damage” camp. The only way you’re taking full advantage of quick pockets is to constantly swap. Now you’re running ShBow, so half the time you’re doing subpar single target damage, on top of already doing pretty poor damage since you no longer have Air/Fire runes, and add on top of that less LS’s (since you’re spending alot of init to dodge spam).

Maybe the additional might stacks will help mitigate the crappy damage, but I doubt it. Most likely just a troll build.

It may just work out hahaha crosses fingers
I just want a meta build to my name :x

in Thief

evilapprentice.6379

It may just work out hahaha crosses fingers
I just want a meta build to my name :x

I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer – good luck!

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

ya Jumper X build i also using that build before almost a year ago
—>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7moYkWLPK8&list=UU-SjU98hzx0-TdRsxXuf6kg

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

And this is what I keep iterating. While obviously not as good as the old FS for the evasion part, the revamped skill will make this style of play possibly return again. I for one really liked it and dropped m S/D thief when the split was made. I’m now really reconsidering moving back to it.

in Thief

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

New meta S/P P/P :^)

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Short bow mobility is too awesome for me to consider running without it. I know Jumper made a dual S/D build work a while back, but the thought of doing something like Battle of Khylo without Infiltrator’s Arrow is depressing to me, lol.

I think for it to really work well, you need teammates that will mark targets for you so that you can use the sword port better for map travel.